🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man jailed for owing $223K in back child support

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Man jailed for owing $223K in back child support

JACKSON, Miss. — After five years on the run, a Mississippi man is in jail for failure to pay almost a quarter of a million dollars in child support.

Tony Haywood, 50, of Brandon, Miss., was arrested by the Rankin County (Miss.) Sheriff's Department last week, said attorney Matthew Thompson.

Thompson represents Haywood's ex-wife, Renee Ainsworth. Haywood and Ainsworth, who were married for 16 years, have three children together. The couple divorced in Georgia in 2004. Child support was demanded from a Georgia court.

Haywood did not pay child support, Ainsworth said, and her ex-husband's check was eventually garnished. Haywood quit his job after the first garnishment and moved to Mississippi, Ainsworth said.

"He told me I would never see any child support after that," said Ainsworth.

Ainsworth said, to her knowledge, Haywood has been employed at his family's trucking business, Haywood Trucking, since 2004. Calls to Haywood Trucking went unanswered Tuesday.

Both Haywood and Ainsworth are from Mississippi. Ainsworth eventually moved back to Mississippi. To support her three children, she briefly signed up for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, benefits.

"He may have paid $10,000 the whole time we've been divorced," Ainsworth said. "I don't own a home anymore, my life has been turned upside down."

In 2012, a Rankin County judge ordered Haywood to pay $152,298.63 in unpaid child support and Ainsworth's attorney's fees.

Haywood did not show up for the hearing, and the judge issued an arrest warrant.

Thompson said Haywood has "been on the lam" for the last five years.

How the hell do you owe over $233K in child support in a little over 10 years separated? :dunno:

It happens all the time. He was jailed for not appearing at court, probably, not for not paying child support. I don't think they jail people for nonpayment anymore, do they? How do you pay $$ if you're in jail? That's like the two hundred year old law when they threw the tax collector in jail if he couldn't collect all the taxes.

Now his ex can collect the 50 cents a day he makes in jail. That should help. :cuckoo:

It happens all the time. He was jailed for not appearing at court, probably, not for not paying child support. I don't think they jail people for nonpayment anymore, do they? How do you pay $$ if you're in jail? That's like the two hundred year old law when they threw the tax collector in jail if he couldn't collect all the taxes.
jail time is a last resort, I think. They can garnish wages, lien against property, report to credit bureau, freezing drivers license etc.

You can be locked up for not paying tickets. Not sure why nonpayment of child support would be any different. In this case it may be deserving, but the government has never had a problem with locking people up for not paying them.

He must have had a damn good job.
Fucking piece of shit.

The article says that he had been on the lam for five years so I assume any income made during that time wasn't being reported. So it's possible that what he owes was only from about 7 years of income. I'm not excusing this man from being a deadbeat, but it sounds like he was being shafted.

jail time is a last resort, I think. They can garnish wages, lien against property, report to credit bureau, freezing drivers license etc.
Maine refuses hunting licenses to dead beat dads. The first year that went into effect, a LOT of Dads started paying up. LOL

Last edited:
He must have had a damn good job.
Fucking piece of shit.

The article says that he had been on the lam for five years so I assume any income made during that time wasn't being reported. So it's possible that what he owes was only from about 7 years of income. I'm not excusing this man from being a deadbeat, but it sounds like he was being shafted.
I don't think it matters. You would have to get a new court date to change payments. If you don't, it will never change. Its his fault, it sounds like.

Maine refuses hunting licenses to dead beat dads. The first year that went into effect, a LOT of Dad's started paying up. LOL
I think that's awesome. Some cities in this country have actually put their pic and info on the news. Like pedophiles or something lol. Love it.

Maine refuses hunting licenses to dead beat dads. The first year that went into effect, a LOT of Dads started paying up. LOL

They only take care of their kids once their hunting license is being threatened? What pieces of shit. :lol:

Maine refuses hunting licenses to dead beat dads. The first year that went into effect, a LOT of Dad's started paying up. LOL
I think that's awesome. Some cities in this country have actually put their pic and info on the news. Like pedophiles or something lol. Love it.
My half brother is living in his mother's basement because he and his wife split and have two kids. He doesn't make a lot of money, so he can't afford to live on his own after paying child support. That kind of rots, too. People will have to start living in misery like the old days when divorce was not socially sanctioned. Because they can't afford to split.

Putting someone in jail for child support is the dumbest thing ever created by radical feminist. As if putting them in jail is going to help get them support, and two now they have a record and really won't ever get a job that pays well enough.

The child support system is a rip off in the lives of many men. ....................

My half brother is living in his mother's basement because he and his wife split and have two kids. He doesn't make a lot of money, so he can't afford to live on his own after paying child support. That kind of rots, too. People will have to start living in misery like the old days when divorce was not socially sanctioned. Because they can't afford to split.
yes, some people cant afford to do it on their own with paying alimony and/or child support. Which, I don't think is fair because the woman can get all the benefits while sitting on her ass in their nice house he pays for..
The fathers role is an outdated social concept IMO. Financially, anyways. They should BOTH take care of those kids. No question.

Putting someone in jail for child support is the dumbest thing ever created by radical feminist. As if putting them in jail is going to help get them support, and two now they have a record and really won't ever get a job that pays well enough.

The child support system is a rip off in the lives of many men. ....................
its sexist but it isn't a "rip off" IMO. Both those parents created a human. Its their job to take care of them.

Also, if you have child support or alimony payments owed, the govt. will confiscate your passport when applying for a renewal.

Last edited:

Don't get divorced then.....or better yet, don't have children with a woman you are not committed to for life.

yes, some people cant afford to do it on their own with paying alimony and/or child support. Which, I don't think is fair because the woman can get all the benefits while sitting on her ass in their nice house he pays for..
The fathers role is an outdated social concept IMO. Financially, anyways. They should BOTH take care of those kids. No question.
This ex-wife does work, and has always made more $$ than my brother. She's not on welfare. So don't start stereotyping all women with kids, TN.

This ex-wife does work, and has always made more $$ than my brother. She's not on welfare. So don't start stereotyping all women with kids, TN.
I didn't mean that personally at all. I just started ranting lol.

Forum List

Back