🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man jailed for owing $223K in back child support

I had a friend once who was making something like $9 an hour, and had to fork over $300 every two weeks to a woman with 11 kids. Only one of the kids was his, and he always bought his school clothes, shoes, coats, etc. I asked him why he did it, and he told me he couldn't refuse to buy his son things just because the mother was a piece of shit.

I had a friend once who was making something like $9 an hour, and had to fork over $300 every two weeks to a woman with 11 kids. Only one of the kids was his, and he always bought his school clothes, shoes, coats, etc. I asked him why he did it, and he told me he couldn't refuse to buy his son things just because the mother was a piece of shit.
That's outrageous unless he only had the kid like every other weekend or something.
My sons mother and I do week on, week off. We have him the same amount of time and I pay 32 bucks a week. And she doesn't work. Since we have him the same amount of time, they based support off her making minimum wage. And we are both required to split stuff. Activities, school stuff etc.
If I lost my job, I wouldn't owe her anything. If she got a job making more than me, she would owe me support.

It has to do with how much money both parents were making before the separation and whether they are still able to do the same after. The courts usually give huge advantages and deference to women or mothers, if there are kids that are minors involved. Some states more than others.m

That's outrageous unless he only had the kid like every other weekend or something.
My sons mother and I do week on, week off. We have him the same amount of time and I pay 32 bucks a week. And she doesn't work. Since we have him the same amount of time, they based support off her making minimum wage. And we are both required to split stuff. Activities, school stuff etc.
If I lost my job, I wouldn't owe her anything. If she got a job making more than me, she would owe me support.

I don't know much about the child support system but I figure once the courts setup whatever agreement they have no idea how often you actually see your kid or how much you spend on them. All they see is what's on paper. I doubt they have any idea that my friend is still buying his kid's clothes and spending lots of time with him.

JACKSON, Miss. — After five years on the run, a Mississippi man is in jail for failure to pay almost a quarter of a million dollars in child support.

Tony Haywood, 50, of Brandon, Miss., was arrested by the Rankin County (Miss.) Sheriff's Department last week, said attorney Matthew Thompson.

Thompson represents Haywood's ex-wife, Renee Ainsworth. Haywood and Ainsworth, who were married for 16 years, have three children together. The couple divorced in Georgia in 2004. Child support was demanded from a Georgia court.

Haywood did not pay child support, Ainsworth said, and her ex-husband's check was eventually garnished. Haywood quit his job after the first garnishment and moved to Mississippi, Ainsworth said.

"He told me I would never see any child support after that," said Ainsworth.

Ainsworth said, to her knowledge, Haywood has been employed at his family's trucking business, Haywood Trucking, since 2004. Calls to Haywood Trucking went unanswered Tuesday.

Both Haywood and Ainsworth are from Mississippi. Ainsworth eventually moved back to Mississippi. To support her three children, she briefly signed up for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, benefits.

"He may have paid $10,000 the whole time we've been divorced," Ainsworth said. "I don't own a home anymore, my life has been turned upside down."

In 2012, a Rankin County judge ordered Haywood to pay $152,298.63 in unpaid child support and Ainsworth's attorney's fees.

Haywood did not show up for the hearing, and the judge issued an arrest warrant.

Thompson said Haywood has "been on the lam" for the last five years.

How the hell do you owe over $233K in child support in a little over 10 years separated? :dunno:
The article mentions back payments and attorney fees. Those fucking lawyers are expensive.

Even without that, three kids @$23.3K/year = $1,942/month = $485/week. Three kids not only have to eat, but if the mother is working, day care is expensive. If she is not, ,then the rent, utilities and everything else needs to be paid meaning she and a 3 kids are living on less than $24,000 per year.

The lesson here? Don't have fucking kids unless you're willing to take care of them. If you aren't then get a fucking vasectomy and save yourself a lot of problems.

I don't know much about the child support system but I figure once the courts setup whatever agreement they have no idea how often you actually see your kid or how much you spend on them. All they see is what's on paper. I doubt they have any idea that my friend is still buying his kid's clothes and spending lots of time with him.
That would be up to him for them to know that. Schedules are made before support is set up.
I would keep receipts and a note pad when she fucks up or something.
Moms automatically have the upper hand in this kind of thing...

jail time is a last resort, I think. They can garnish wages, lien against property, report to credit bureau, freezing drivers license etc.
Did they mention that he's black?

No, they didn't. I can't imagine why, though? lol
636221380891476736-child-support-020817.jpg

JACKSON, Miss. — After five years on the run, a Mississippi man is in jail for failure to pay almost a quarter of a million dollars in child support.

Tony Haywood, 50, of Brandon, Miss., was arrested by the Rankin County (Miss.) Sheriff's Department last week, said attorney Matthew Thompson.

Thompson represents Haywood's ex-wife, Renee Ainsworth. Haywood and Ainsworth, who were married for 16 years, have three children together. The couple divorced in Georgia in 2004. Child support was demanded from a Georgia court.

Haywood did not pay child support, Ainsworth said, and her ex-husband's check was eventually garnished. Haywood quit his job after the first garnishment and moved to Mississippi, Ainsworth said.

Ainsworth said, to her knowledge, Haywood has been employed at his family's trucking business, Haywood Trucking, since 2004. Calls to Haywood Trucking went unanswered Tuesday.

Both Haywood and Ainsworth are from Mississippi. Ainsworth eventually moved back to Mississippi. To support her three children, she briefly signed up for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, benefits.

"He may have paid $10,000 the whole time we've been divorced," Ainsworth said. "I don't own a home anymore, my life has been turned upside down."

In 2012, a Rankin County judge ordered Haywood to pay $152,298.63 in unpaid child support and Ainsworth's attorney's fees.

Haywood did not show up for the hearing, and the judge issued an arrest warrant.

How the hell do you owe over $233K in child support in a little over 10 years separated? :dunno:
I think he is (no he was now...) a wealthy man.
I can say some people don't deserve to be father or mother :frown:

It happens all the time. He was jailed for not appearing at court, probably, not for not paying child support. I don't think they jail people for nonpayment anymore, do they? How do you pay $$ if you're in jail? That's like the two hundred year old law when they threw the tax collector in jail if he couldn't collect all the taxes.

Some places South Carolina six months...

Just FYI in America guys get the shaft..

The guy also could of been upset because the mother refused visitation

One word: Vasectomy. Use it and then only Guys will be doing the shafting. ;)

It happens all the time. He was jailed for not appearing at court, probably, not for not paying child support. I don't think they jail people for nonpayment anymore, do they? How do you pay $$ if you're in jail? That's like the two hundred year old law when they threw the tax collector in jail if he couldn't collect all the taxes.
Yes mam you can, well at least in Texas you can. You serve day for day no good time and yes that bill continues to add up. Ten years ago I had to do 3 months in county and there were a few guys serving time because of child support. But I think your right about it being a last resort.

One word: Vasectomy. Use it and then only Guys will be doing the shafting. ;)

Go to hell I hate women like you Who thinks it's right to keep children away from their father because you had a temper tantrum over his new cute wife.

That would be up to him for them to know that. Schedules are made before support is set up.
I would keep receipts and a note pad when she fucks up or something.
Moms automatically have the upper hand in this kind of thing...

I think in the case of people like my friend they just don't fight it out of principle. It makes it look as if you're doing the bare minimum to support your kid. I can respect that.

Yes mam you can, well at least in Texas you can. You serve day for day no good time and yes that bill continues to add up. Ten years ago I had to do 3 months in county and there were a few guys serving time because of child support. But I think your right about it being a last resort.

I know this old guy that did 6 months.. Get out for a month couldn't pay.. Did another 6 months

he has to pay interest on the back payments plus her legal fees...that ads up quickly

i hate to see a parent walk away from the kids...mother or father without paying child support...

as for his ass going to jail...he aint paying while not in jail...fuck em...put em in jail and let him rot....same for women who dont pay

Well it's possible. But the article seems to tell us he was guilty because he didn't want to give money :)

Forum List

Back