Man jailed for owing $223K in back child support

And the man is a wimp. Again, someone you know?
What, you think there aren't situations where the woman pays alimony to the man? You're very ignorant.
Straw man. Feel free to quote me where I said anything like that or be man enough to admit you lied like Hillary "Sniper Fire" Clinton.
Chill out, all I'm saying is there is a rise in women paying alimony payments. And yes, I do know a couple that will be like that, should they get divorced.

Breadwinning Women Are Driving Alimony Reform

Role Reversal: Ex-Wives Angry Over Paying Alimony

It's More Frequent Than You Think

The Controversial Rise in Manimony
Thanks for the links. As the first one mentioned "Unlike child support, which is common when divorcing couple has kids, alimony awards have always been very rare, going from about 25% of cases in the 1960s to about 10% today". I suspect this is because most states are No-Fault Divorce states. Children, OTOH, are a different matter.
It depends on who's been supporting the marriage more. In divorce court it's pretty straight forward, they ask for financials, tax returns, assets, salaries, and job stability. The spouse bringing in more money has a responsibility to provide the other spouse a continuation of the same lifestyle. It's basically a numbers game and a negotiation between the two sides as to who gets what.
Agreed that happens, but I disagree with the practice of alimony/"continuation of the same lifestyle", especially if it's the person doing the divorcing. If one spouse betrayed the other, I can see why the offended spouse would want compensation from the other for destroying the marriage, but not this "Irreconcilable differences" bullshit. Just split the assets acquired during the marriage and be done with it.

What, you think there aren't situations where the woman pays alimony to the man? You're very ignorant.
Straw man. Feel free to quote me where I said anything like that or be man enough to admit you lied like Hillary "Sniper Fire" Clinton.
Chill out, all I'm saying is there is a rise in women paying alimony payments. And yes, I do know a couple that will be like that, should they get divorced.

Thanks for the links. As the first one mentioned "Unlike child support, which is common when divorcing couple has kids, alimony awards have always been very rare, going from about 25% of cases in the 1960s to about 10% today". I suspect this is because most states are No-Fault Divorce states. Children, OTOH, are a different matter.
It depends on who's been supporting the marriage more. In divorce court it's pretty straight forward, they ask for financials, tax returns, assets, salaries, and job stability. The spouse bringing in more money has a responsibility to provide the other spouse a continuation of the same lifestyle. It's basically a numbers game and a negotiation between the two sides as to who gets what.
Agreed that happens, but I disagree with the practice of alimony/"continuation of the same lifestyle", especially if it's the person doing the divorcing. If one spouse betrayed the other, I can see why the offended spouse would want compensation from the other for destroying the marriage, but not this "Irreconcilable differences" bullshit. Just split the assets acquired during the marriage and be done with it.
I agree but it isn't as black and white obviously. That said, in most states, it is still the case that men stand to lose far more than women.

I agree but it isn't as black and white obviously. That said, in most states, it is still the case that men stand to lose far more than women.
Agreed about not being B&W. OTOH, the instances I've seen of husbands forced to pay alimony to women (no kids) is where the husband demanded the wife to give up a career or not work at all.

Agreed about not being B&W. OTOH, the instances I've seen of husbands forced to pay alimony to women (no kids) is where the husband demanded the wife to give up a career or not work at all.

Well of course each side will try to make it harder for the other. Divorce is a nasty thing and usually brings out the worst in people.

Forum List

Back