Man Made Religions

see Faustina Diary 741 if you think Hell is a good destination

Then there are the children spoken to by the Virgin Mary... who usually appears to children bc adults are so corrupt and awful...

Fatima account of Hell... if you want that over "boredom"... you are one masochistic person
You sure we aren't already in Hell?

You can call it anything you want. Then we can get 100 spectrometers and check and get 100 identical results. We don't have to rely on your anecdote.
"Anecdote" does not apply.
As for the spectrometers, would you call the your conclusions from the results you see on your instruments 'beliefs'?

Anecdote" does not apply.
Your recounting of the color of the sky according to your own eyes is, indeed, an anecdote. Yes, it applies.

Get with a graphic designer and tell them the sky is just "blue". Watch them tell you differently. Who is correct? Two anecdotal accounts. Time to get out the measuring stick, so we aren't relying on anecdotes.

Yes, it applies 100%

No, recounting and compiling the results of spectrometers measuring light is not a belief or anything even close to it.

I sure hope you aren't about to fall into the dumb, failed tactic of calling scientific knowledge "faith".

Your recounting of the color of the sky according to your own eyes is, indeed, an anecdote. Yes, it applies.

Get with a graphic designer and tell them the sky is just "blue". Watch them tell you differently. Who is correct? Two anecdotal accounts. Time to get out the measuring stick, so we aren't relying on anecdotes.

Yes, it applies 100%

No, recounting and compiling the results of spectrometers measuring light is not a belief or anything even close to it.

I sure hope you aren't about to fall into the dumb, failed tactic of calling scientific knowledge "faith".
"If you look at the sky and you say it is blue, is that belief?" That is the post to which you referred. It is, obviously, a question posed to another person, recounting and proposing nothing. It is not an anecdote.
Then you were asked what you would call what you found with your instruments. The ball is in your court.

"If you look at the sky and you say it is blue, is that belief?
And I said it is anecdote. The level of belief is up to the individual. You would have to ask them. If I say, "no it isn't, it's lots of colors", is that belief?

These are not comparable scenarios to belief in gods and demons and magical spells and magical threats.

Because we can measure the color of the sky at any given moment and do not have to rely on these anecdotes.

Religious hooha has no such method for testing the truth of its claims.

And I said it is anecdote. The level of belief is up to the individual. You would have to ask them. If I say, "no it isn't, it's lots of colors", is that belief?

These are not comparable scenarios to belief in gods and demons and magical spells and magical threats.

Because we can measure the color of the sky at any given moment and do not have to rely on these anecdotes.

Religious hooha has no such method for testing the truth of its claims.
You are very much missing the point.
If someone tells you something, you may or may not believe it. What do you call it when you see something for yourself?

You are very much missing the point.
If someone tells you something, you may or may not believe it. What do you call it when you see something for yourself?
Uh, I would call it having seen something. Go ahead and make your point. If it is a strong point, ou won't need my assistance to make it.

Uh, I would call it having seen something. Go ahead and make your point. If it is a strong point, ou won't need my assistance to make it.
It isn't complicated; direct experience is not belief, except to the extent that one believes one's perceptions. When one realizes perceptions can be totally subjective, one becomes capable of suspending belief.
Personal revelation is a category of human experience that is not subject to the opinions of others.

It isn't complicated; direct experience is not belief, except to the extent that one believes one's perceptions. When one realizes perceptions can be totally subjective, one becomes capable of suspending belief.
Then one should also be capable of realizing that there are much simpler, physical explanations for a memory of feeling or seeing or talking to gods that don't involve the existence of a magical, omnipotent sky slaver.

Right?

Then one should also be capable of realizing that there are much simpler, physical explanations for a memory of feeling or seeing or talking to gods that don't involve the existence of a magical, omnipotent sky slaver.

Right?
You are as right in your perceptions as anyone else.

You are as right in your perceptions as anyone else.
A feel good thing to say. Where is the problem in that? There isn't one.

The problem is when these ideas are trotted out in rhe public square as the first premises to enact policy or law. Then the reasons and motives for the beliefs are fair game.

Anyone can argue anything using valid logic and dubious premises. Anything at all.

So we inspect the premises.

It is sad that people will end up in Hell because of bad religion and BAD people inside that religion (clergy). A lot of molested (by priests) boys grew up and left the Church..

The fake Church didn't seem to want to help the victims of perverts, most of whom were never Catholic in the first place... were just liberals infiltrating the Church so as to destroy it...

Then Christ's Church gets a bad name and .. the infiltrators achieve what they want..

bishop Marcel Lefebve resisted Vatican II and all the liberal changes... He wasn't the only one but he did something about, started the SSPX Church to continue what the good popes had always taught... one of whom was a canonized saint Pius X (2 miracles have to occur after a person's death to be canonized.. to show the person was in Heaven o I think we can trust Pius X.. but liberals who aren't Catholic cannot make someone a saint.. John XXIII was no saint.. He wasn't even Catholic, just an infiltrator.. but somehow he got declared a saint... Please.)

Forum List

Back