Man Made Religions

That's right! No iron age mythologies needed. You could not name a single moral act or statement that requires the iron age religions to puzzle out.
Why do Iron Age stories bother you so much? Seriously, you remind me of my middle school students grumbling over being taught geometric proofs. When will they ever need those proofs once they are through school.

One class demanded I tell them when I needed them, and were confused when I burst out laughing. I had to explain to them that when I was learning those proofs I couldn't think when I would ever need them....but here I was in a math class where I needed to use them again.

My first hero was Harriet Tubman. I read all I could find on her. Are you thinking I certainly didn't need stories about Harriet Tubman--she lived so long ago in a different time. Before that were a couple of female ancestors making their ways through the wilderness or overseas on their own. So what, right? Don't need their stories to travel on my own.

They don't. Stop trolling. Weak trolling attempt.
Being genuinely curious is not trolling. So it is not the morality by which our Iron Age ancestors lived that bothers you, it is the fact they thought so highly of it, it evolved into religions?

Christians believe that if you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you will not enter Heaven. What if you don't want to go to Heaven, it sounds boring to me.
see Faustina Diary 741 if you think Hell is a good destination

Then there are the children spoken to by the Virgin Mary... who usually appears to children bc adults are so corrupt and awful...

Fatima account of Hell... if you want that over "boredom"... you are one masochistic person

The above statement needs a qualifier. "Some."

Catholics and Orthodox (the greater majority of Christians) teach non-believers are left in the hands of a merciful and loving God.
Somewhere in the Bible it says that even the just are "barely saved"

so how is it going to be for all those who ignored Christ and His Church... Jesus appeared to St Faustina and said that the time of His Mercy is coming to an end.

Then there is the psg that says God is merciful to those who fear Him (obey Him, seek not to offend HIm..)
+

There is nobody to judge and nobody to punish anyone.

the metaphysical, physiological presence with its spiritual content does provide a path for future existence proven by its presence from the beginning to the present time and the future that remains possible for spiritual evolution.

Let's back up...

The OP is about man-made religions.

Which is all of the religions ever made. Period. Full stop.

No god has ever made a religion. Yet we kill on a man's behalf, because a man told us to, that made up your religion.

1654841329218.png

How does the thread title match the OPs opening rant about Christianity?

If the OP was objective the opening statement would be about all religions.

Sounds like the OPs only purpose is to get abound Zone 1 rules of this forum.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back