Man (violence interrupter) shot, killed by police after crashing into SE DC McDonald's, grabbing officer's gun

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

WASHINGTON (7News) — A man is dead following an officer-involved shooting Sunday morning in D.C., according to the Metropolitan Police Department Police Chief Pamela Smith.

Police identified the deceased as 26-year-old Justin Robinson of Southeast D.C. on Monday afternoon.

7News I-Team Reporter Scott Taylor has learned Robinson was a violence interrupter with the D.C. Attorney General's Office and Cure The Street program.

The D.C. AG's office did not have further comment on Robinson's time with Cure The Streets.

"We are still learning details of the incident and will follow up when we have more to share," the office spokesperson said.

According to Smith, the shooting occurred at the McDonald's in the 2500 block of Marion Barry Avenue SE. Police were initially called to the scene around 5:30 a.m. for a report of a crash, she said. When officers arrived, they saw a vehicle had crashed into the McDonald's, causing some damage.

Robinson, who was the driver of the vehicle, was still inside the car, Smith said, but was unresponsive. She said Robinson allegedly had a gun in his lap.

Officers called for backup and shortly thereafter, Robinson reportedly started to wake up.

That's when officers drew their guns and commanded Robinson to drop his weapon. But Smith said, Robinson instead allegedly grabbed the officer's service weapon.

That's when two officers fired their guns, striking him.

WTF is a “violence interruptor”?

Is that what they got when they traded PD in for ‘defund the police’?

That’ll help recruitment, I'm sure.

There are several WTFs in this article, and I'm going with two.

1. Why did they not remove the weapon from his lap while he was out?

2. It's shameful that there's even a Marion Barry Avenue in DC.

Sigh, It seems just like all the MLK Avenues in America.....Nothing good ever happens on Marion Barry Ave. either. ;)

He looked like a typical leftist idiot. But at least even dead, he can vote for Kamalalala.

1725455136948.png

He was out and no paramedics called? Waking up I am sure he was startled to see a gun and is why maybe he grabbed it. More questions than answers I hope a detailed investigation is done.

Forum List

Back