Mandatory Trick-Or-Treating?

I can't be a hundred percent sure, but I suspect that somebody is playing a trick.

Weird.

I really enjoyed handing out candy in my new home in small-town Midwest heaven last year. TONS of trick-or-treaters!

After moving from the West Coast, where we might see one or two surly looking teenagers a year, it was glorious to see so many happy kids!

We don't get any trick or treaters. When I lived in Los Angeles I would close all shades and lights and spend the evening in the back bedroom.

Little kids at dusk. Teens from 8 to around 9. Adult men from 10 to after midnight. I have no idea who would be opening the door to these guys.

It's more of a social mandate than a legal one. The mandatory part comes in when a kid knocks on your door on Halloween. Either you hide and risk property damage or you throw a candy bar in the sack.

It's more of a social mandate than a legal one. The mandatory part comes in when a kid knocks on your door on Halloween. Either you hide and risk property damage or you throw a candy bar in the sack.
My folks didn't believe in T or T. We would give out candy or popcorn balls or candied apples, but we, kids were not allowed to go. Folks compared it to begging.

Either that or you can just go ahead and turn the porch lights off.

Either that or you can just go ahead and turn the porch lights off.
I think I might try to dodge the ritual this year. My sleeping schedule has gotten thrown bizarrely out of whack for some reason and I've been going to bed really early. But turning off the lights won't accomplish anything. The kids here start well before dark and I've been crawling in bed well before dark. We'll see.

I think I might try to dodge the ritual this year. My sleeping schedule has gotten thrown bizarrely out of whack for some reason and I've been going to bed really early. But turning off the lights won't accomplish anything. The kids here start well before dark and I've been crawling in bed well before dark. We'll see.
In a couple weeks you'll be going to bed an hour later. Hope it improves your sleep quality

I see what you mean. Funny how this ad predicted the future. In the non-comical sense that is. I mean it's sort of funny, but at the same time it's not you know? Also, their supporters started adding drugs into the candy. I sure hope the kids will be safe this year to trick-or-treat. Parents always need to examine their children's candy first, before they eat it anyways though.

Forum List

Back