Mandatory Trick-Or-Treating?

I have heard that the drug is making it into some bona fide candy packages, and it scares me. I couldn't live if something I did or failed to do harmed a child. It makes me want to just give out dollar bills instead. Kids still like money don't they? We used to occasionally get someone who handed out dimes, when I was a kid, back when a dime could buy a candy bar.
With inflation what it is, you may have to give out $2 or $3 per kid for a full size candy bar. I don’t want to see any parent face charges for giving out candy they didn’t know was laced with fentanyl.

We don't get any trick or treaters. When I lived in Los Angeles I would close all shades and lights and spend the evening in the back bedroom.

Little kids at dusk. Teens from 8 to around 9. Adult men from 10 to after midnight. I have no idea who would be opening the door to these guys.
Yeah, same thing here when we lived in the SF bay area. Teens with no costumes too. I live in a small, rural mountain town today and they close down the main street and all the store owners give out candy to the kids. The Lions Club provides traffic control so the kiddies can be safe. Great place to live!

I have heard that the drug is making it into some bona fide candy packages, and it scares me. I couldn't live if something I did or failed to do harmed a child. It makes me want to just give out dollar bills instead. Kids still like money don't they? We used to occasionally get someone who handed out dimes, when I was a kid, back when a dime could buy a candy bar.
The first time I took my daughter T or T'ing, 1990, we went fairly early, 5:30 or so and we apparently caught the first house off guard. She came back to me and handed me a $5 bill. I thought that Halloween was much more lucrative than I remembered but sent her back to return it. The guy waved at me and told me it was his wife's fault and she was out getting candy. LOL

Yeah, same thing here when we lived in the SF bay area. Teens with no costumes too. I live in a small, rural mountain town today and they close down the main street and all the store owners give out candy to the kids. The Lions Club provides traffic control so the kiddies can be safe. Great place to live!
Ditto here, except I'm on the prairie. Everyone in my small town stay off the streets on Halloween so the kids can run wild and parents don't have to worry.

Forum List

Back