Manhattan DA: We Won't Prosecute Subway Fare Evasion Anymore

And you can't read.

BFD they get a ticket. They do that here in KKKalifornia if you steal less than $950. The homeless get a ticket then while the cop is watching steal something else while they laugh at the cop.
MTA's Fine For New York Subway Fare Hoppers May Reach $500 | HuffPost

MTA’s Fine For New York Subway Fare Hoppers May Reach $500
Oh wow. So anyone showing up to court will have to pay. I'm sure those with rolls of tickets in their pockets will line up at the court Monday!

Dumbass.

It's just like any other ticket. You can ignore it, right up until the next time you encounter a cop.

In NYC, that's often not very long. If they don't pay the ticket, then they get arrested. It's still a criminal violation.

In NYC, that's often not very long. If they don't pay the ticket, then they get arrested. It's still a criminal violation.

The average ticket takes 15 minutes. The average arrest takes four hours.

So that's 40 tickets a day, vs 2 arrests.

The average ticket takes 20 minutes. The average arrest takes four hours.

I am well aware.

I have in fact, both been arrested, and given a ticket, in New York.

Entertainingly enough, both were for Fare Evasion.

The resources put into prosecuting, can be switch to enhanced enforcement People react more to enhanced enforcement, than to enhanced punishment.

Just look at red-light cameras. The punishment isn't even a moving violation. Just a fine.

:lol:

How exactly does this "screw" anyone?

One...those payments to ride pay for the system

Two...by stopping the jumpers, they get to check them out, catching a lot of criminals wanted for other things...this is how Guililiani brought the law back to New York.....

One...those payments to ride pay for the system

Two...by stopping the jumpers, they get to check them out, catching a lot of criminals wanted for other things...this is how Guililiani brought the law back to New York.....

That'll still happen. Whether they're getting arrested or just getting a ticket, the cop is still going to radio their information in, and see if anything comes up.

I am well aware.

Your admission that you are a dishonest person has been duly noted, and will be used against you in all future discussions.

I am well aware.

Your admission that you are a dishonest person has been duly noted, and will be used against you in all future discussions.

Go for it, shitclown. I'm not the slightest bit ashamed for getting a ticket when I was in high school.

I'm sure you've never gotten a ticket before - after all, that would be staggeringly hypocritical - and we all know that you, as a good Christian, would never do something as hateful and hypocritical as condemning another for crimes you yourself have committed.

Oh wait. This is you that we're talking about. Nevermind. Of course you would.

I am well aware.

Go for it, shitclown. I'm not the slightest bit ashamed for getting a ticket when I was in high school.

I'm sure you've never gotten a ticket before - after all, that would be staggeringly hypocritical - and we all know that you, as a good Christian, would never do something as hateful and hypocritical as condemning another for crimes you yourself have committed.

You're a liberal, so of course you are dishonest. But now you've admitted to it. From now on, I will be reminding people of that fact.

I am well aware.

You're a liberal, so of course you are dishonest. But now you've admitted to it. From now on, I will be reminding people of that fact.

So you're saying you've never gotten a ticket?

Come on, I want to hear you lie to my face. Man up.

I am well aware.

I have gotten traffic tickets, but never for a crime of moral turpitude, like cheating, stealing, lying.

I am well aware.

I have gotten traffic tickets, but never for a crime of moral turpitude, like cheating, stealing, lying.

So you have no moral qualms about putting any driver unlucky enough to share the road with you in immediate physical danger by your wanton disregard for traffic laws - but a 16 year old me using my school subway pass on a non-school day is morally outrageous to you?

You really take the fucking cake. I couldn't make this shit up.

So you have no moral qualms about putting any driver unlucky enough to share the road with you in immediate physical danger by your wanton disregard for traffic laws - but a 16 year old me using my school subway pass on a non-school day is morally outrageous to you?

I don't believe anything you say, you are a liar and a cheat.

it's another nail in the coffin of "broken windows" policing. It's almost like they want to go back to the NYC of the late 60's, 70's and early 80's.

If you read at the bottom of them article two idiots want to decriminalize it entirely.

Morons.

I don't believe anything you say, you are a liar and a cheat.

Res Ipsa Loquitor.

We all see what you are.

Once again those that work hard and try to follow the law and pay their fare share (clever, aren't I?) get screwed.

Manhattan D.A. Office Moves to Stop Prosecuting Subway Fare Evasion

Of course you leave out the details

He aims to replace criminal prosecution by issuing more summons instead of arresting turnstile jumpers

It costs more to prosecute a turnstile jumper than they get in fines. Add to that the cost of incarceration, and somebody arrested literally gets a free lunch.
Simple fix: install different turnstiles that can't be dodged. Problem solved.

Forum List

Back