Illinois sheriff’s deputy charged with murder shot Black woman in face after she called police for help

The part of this story that mystifies me is, when he told her to put the pot of hot water down... why didn't she just set it down?

Later in the video, while inside Massey's home as she searched for her ID, Grayson pointed out a pot of boiling water on her stove and said, "We don't need a fire while we're in here."

First off the officer directed her to address the water.

Massey then poured the water into the sink and told the deputy, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."

Ex-deputy who fatally shot Sonya Massey was discharged from the Army for serious misconduct

The part of this story that mystifies me is, when he told her to put the pot of hot water down... why didn't she just set it down? If he's some kind of racist nutjob, maybe he'd have shot her anyway but these situations almost always include a cop giving a simple command and the soon to be dead person refusing to comply. I just don't get it.

He says to her - put down your hot steaming water and she says "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". SOMETHING has to be missing in this story. That exchange between them makes no sense at all.

Asking, taunting and mocking the Police....."why are you backing away"?

As posted above, he had went through 6 law enforcement jobs in 4 years. Now it's noted he was discharged from the Army for serious misconduct.

He also had two DUI's.

How was it this guy had a job in law enforcement in the first place?

Ex-deputy who fatally shot Sonya Massey was discharged from the Army for serious misconduct

Because you arm-chair BoardStain have made so anyone any good would never consider becoming a Police Officer and get Chauvined for doing your job (per the MINN Police training manual, kneel on the kneck for unruly suspects). Enjoy your remaining days. When you die you caused all the chaos that awaits US Children. Worse every single year. Criminals and GOVT are the problem.

Later in the video, while inside Massey's home as she searched for her ID, Grayson pointed out a pot of boiling water on her stove and said, "We don't need a fire while we're in here."

First off the officer directed her to address the water.

Massey then poured the water into the sink and told the deputy, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."

I don't remember seeing anyone empty the pot of boiling water in the video. I suppose I will have to watch it again to see if you are making stuff up again.

Not me. It's often times used as an excuse to harass minorities.

Police punch teen girl after mistaking her for wanted man
If you have actual evidence of police misconduct, share it. But this selectively evidenced narrative building is garbage.

She fit the description of a suspect who was BLACK.

Again, if you don’t want to win stupid prizes, don’t play stupid games. Cooperate with the police.

A federal jury has found Bakersfield police did not use excessive force or violate the civil rights of a young woman whom officers released a K-9 against after mistaking her for a much bigger male suspect….

…..He said the description he received of the suspect with the machete was “black male, white shirt, carrying a pink backpack,” and he thought Hargrove, who had short hair, was the suspect.
A detailed description of the man including height, weight and that he was bald didn’t come until about an hour after Hargrove was contacted, Moore wrote.

Hargrove was uncooperative from the beginning, he wrote, and when the other officer attempted to detain her she interlaced her fingers behind her head while straddling the bicycle.

I quoted the article.

Quote all you want of LW hogwash...Cop kept yelling "Drop the pot" in the video. Not clear what she did with it? And why go down behind the cabinet out of sight? Maybe he thought she had a gun stuffed back there. She began to peek back out when shot?

Of course, he should have never went inside. Or even better never attend to the call. He should not have fired unless she was reaching for a gun. Thats' it. Manslaughter at least?

If you have actual evidence of police misconduct, share it. But this selectively evidenced narrative building is garbage.

She fit the description of a suspect who was BLACK.

Yes, any old black will do obviously. They were seeking a male. She was a female. (maybe cops don't know what a girl is)?

He was appx 5'10. She was 5'2. He was 170lbs, she was 115.

Again, if you don’t want to win stupid prizes, don’t play stupid games. Cooperate with the police.

Cooperated and was assualted.

$350,000 settlement offered in police takedown of wrong man

Cooperated and was shot dead.

Ohio mayor calls fatal police shooting of Black man a 'stunning disregard for life'

A federal jury has found Bakersfield police did not use excessive force or violate the civil rights of a young woman whom officers released a K-9 against after mistaking her for a much bigger male suspect….

…..He said the description he received of the suspect with the machete was “black male, white shirt, carrying a pink backpack,” and he thought Hargrove, who had short hair, was the suspect.
A detailed description of the man including height, weight and that he was bald didn’t come until about an hour after Hargrove was contacted, Moore wrote.

Hargrove was uncooperative from the beginning, he wrote, and when the other officer attempted to detain her she interlaced her fingers behind her head while straddling the bicycle.

This is why we had the protests.

Quote all you want of LW hogwash...Cop kept yelling "Drop the pot" in the video. Not clear what she did with it? And why go down behind the cabinet out of sight? Maybe he thought she had a gun stuffed back there. She began to peek back out when shot?

Of course, he should have never went inside. Or even better never attend to the call. He should not have fired unless she was reaching for a gun. Thats' it. Manslaughter at least?
and he had two unfunded accusatons againt him. and he got repremended couple time for how he drove the patrol car and he had drinking issue in army but not as of cirrent. crumps lieing to make case again. her family just admitted she had mental issue and cop tried to help her before and she refused help.

Well jeez, only manslaughter over someone who called the police for help.

Her mistake was getting an officer who had no business being a police officer.

hot water is a weapon too.

Forum List

Back