Manhunt On for Road Rage Shooter

Using a firearm to resolve a traffic dispute certainly indicates a serious problem, and firearms are involved.

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem".

theHawk
I never expected you to take a tragedy and make it political.
The conversation needs to be had. People would like to prevent these tragedies.
Then focus on the problem not the tool.
I am focusing on the tool because without the tool so easily accessible to the majority of the population, this young woman most likely would not be dead. The Bronx hospital shooting yesterday would not have happened. The 25 concert goers shot in Arkansas last night would not have happened. Yes, I agree we need to combat the violent mentality in this country, reteach the value of human life, but taking away the TOOL most easily used to commit these acts of violence against the innocent would sure help.

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

theHawk

I don't see any "political" in this story. It's a road rage shooting.

Actually I remember a very similar incident from about 25 years ago on a day I was leaving the city. During the morning rush hour a woman passenger was shot through her window by some driver angry at the car. Mother of three, shot to death, on the road, for being a passenger.

I don't see anything "political" in that. :dunno:
Insisting that it's a "gun" problem when it's a rage problem, a control fixation issue makes it political.
Insisting it's a gun problem is exactly the same as blaming the keyboard when someone melts down on the forum. Granted no one dies (hopefully) due to melt downs on a forum but the association is the same, blaming the inanimate item as opposed to the person.
Road Rage Root Cause

Where the fuck did anyone "blame an inanimate object"?
What does the word "manhunt" mean?

I did not "insist it's a gun problem" --- I mocked a poster (who's named in the OP) who insists that no such problem exists. Don't you GET that?

Where exactly do you see this "control fixation"? Social control fixation, really?
Pogo, if it appeared to me that you were blaming the gun and not simply mocking a specific poster then it's obvious (at least to me) that you should have made reference to it being a mocking statement. Hell, I don't know all of your interactions on the board and I'm sure not everyone else does either. Clarity would have prevented this interaction, it is typed communication after all lacking the face to face physical nuances that are often dead giveaways to meanings. :dunno:

theHawk
I am focusing on the tool because without the tool so easily accessible to the majority of the population, this young woman most likely would not be dead. The Bronx hospital shooting yesterday would not have happened. The 25 concert goers shot in Arkansas last night would not have happened. Yes, I agree we need to combat the violent mentality in this country, reteach the value of human life, but taking away the TOOL most easily used to commit these acts of violence against the innocent would sure help.
I reality attempting to remove that tool is a pipe dream at best in this country and the real problem is with the individual not the tool so that's where the real focus should be.

theHawk

That is exactly what I've been doing on this site since literally the day I got here.
I've never made that political. On the contrary I've always insisted it ISN'T political.

theHawk

Actually I remember a very similar incident from about 25 years ago on a day I was leaving the city. During the morning rush hour a woman passenger was shot through her window by some driver angry at the car. Mother of three, shot to death, on the road, for being a passenger.

Insisting that it's a "gun" problem when it's a rage problem, a control fixation issue makes it political.
Insisting it's a gun problem is exactly the same as blaming the keyboard when someone melts down on the forum. Granted no one dies (hopefully) due to melt downs on a forum but the association is the same, blaming the inanimate item as opposed to the person.
Road Rage Root Cause

I did not "insist it's a gun problem" --- I mocked a poster (who's named in the OP) who insists that no such problem exists. Don't you GET that?

Guns are completely safe, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Correct. And this person killed a person. What's your point?

Last edited:

theHawk

Road Rage Root Cause

Where exactly do you see this "control fixation"? Social control fixation, really?
Pogo, if it appeared to me that you were blaming the gun and not simply mocking a specific poster then it's obvious (at least to me) that you should have made reference to it being a mocking statement. Hell, I don't know all of your interactions on the board and I'm sure not everyone else does either. Clarity would have prevented this interaction, it is typed communication after all lacking the face to face physical nuances that are often dead giveaways to meanings. :dunno:

You weren't the target of the mock so it need not apply at all. More to the point nothing I posted here was "political". Not even the mock was "political".

theHawk
I reality attempting to remove that tool is a pipe dream at best in this country and the real problem is with the individual not the tool so that's where the real focus should be.

Precisely That's the whole point.

theHawk

If you just banned people then you wouldn't have these problems :smoke:
"Guns are completely safe..." "Guns are inanimate objects..." "People kill people."
Pressure cooker bombs are completely safe, too, until detonated by a person. Doesn't mean we sell them in WalMart. Guns are killing machines. That is their purpose. You can kill a person with a gun driving your car with nary a scratch, and sometimes you don't even get caught. Drive by shootings and this road rage incident are examples. Yes, a person operated the gun. Of course that's how it works and the person is responsible for using that killing machine. Without the gun, the person would have had the messy option of banging up his own truck in order to force her off the road. Drive by knifings? How well do those work? Walking into the Bronx hospital and stabbing six selected ex-coworkers on two floors? I don't think he would have gotten that far.
Harm reduction, Lucy.
Sure murderers will always be with us. They'll be slowed down a lot without guns.

France requires a psychological evaluation prior to getting a firearms license and it is regularly renewed. Not a bad idea.

So a pair of rude hoodlums who each tried to cut in front of traffic, creating a bottleneck and stealing time from motorists behind them, settled their falling-out through darwinism with the one with the gun winning.
That is the fault of a gun, how? Shouldn't it be the fault of the cars and the road merge design, too?

France requires a psychological evaluation prior to getting a firearms license and it is regularly renewed. Not a bad idea.

Once again Heroin is illegal yet pours across wide open Southern border ( money-maker). Guns would pour across also for the huge profits.

Did this guy have a legal gun? Loaded in car? is that legal?

Why 18 yr. Old girl fight a guy in pickup truck? Hello? Can't win? Back off. Let the nut go.

theHawk

If you just banned people then you wouldn't have these problems :smoke:
"Guns are completely safe..." "Guns are inanimate objects..." "People kill people."
Pressure cooker bombs are completely safe, too, until detonated by a person. Doesn't mean we sell them in WalMart. Guns are killing machines. That is their purpose. You can kill a person with a gun driving your car with nary a scratch, and sometimes you don't even get caught. Drive by shootings and this road rage incident are examples. Yes, a person operated the gun. Of course that's how it works and the person is responsible for using that killing machine. Without the gun, the person would have had the messy option of banging up his own truck in order to force her off the road. Drive by knifings? How well do those work? Walking into the Bronx hospital and stabbing six selected ex-coworkers on two floors? I don't think he would have gotten that far.
Harm reduction, Lucy.
Sure murderers will always be with us. They'll be slowed down a lot without guns.

And more to my point, they'd be slowed down a lot without the continuous fetish-glorification of them, which appears to be the motivation of some wags here who want to take an obvious social sickness and make it "political" or "guns shooting themselves" or whatever other lunacy nobody brought up.

This is the same issue that was flaring the day I joined this site, being just after the Bob Costas Monday Night Football commentary on Jovan Belcher, and a few days before Adam Lanza punctuated the entire issue with twenty exclamation points in Connecticut.

Costas' commentary has been uploaded literally thousands of times on YouTube. Nearly every one of these uploads describes it as a "gun control rant".....

----- DESPITE the naked fact that Costas never once mentions "gun control", never once alludes to any laws, never once makes any mention of Second Amendment rights. The entire commentary is centered on the illness of a society that thinks the solution to everybody's problem is "a gun". Football player Jovan Belcher had just shot his wife and infant, then drove to his football practice and blew his own brains out in front of his coaches. A week before that a driver in Jacksonville Florida had shot into a car parked next to him objecting to its loud music (and killed a kid). Then just after that, the commentary was pushed off the front pages by Lanza, and a week after that, William Spegler ambushing firefighters in Webster New York.

All different shootings, all different motivations, with one thing in common --- "I can deal with this problem by shooting at it" THAT is, and always was, the issue. That's what the Costas commentary addressed, and yet all these YouTubers and commenters here, and elsewhere, desperately tried to morph it into "gun control" apparently because they can't stand to face the social-values issue this actually IS.

Oh no, we don't DARE talk about that. Engage deflector shields!

That's been my message the entire time I've been here at USMB (and before). And here five years later, Ignorami are still here going :lalala:

Last edited:
So a pair of rude hoodlums who each tried to cut in front of traffic, creating a bottleneck and stealing time from motorists behind them, settled their falling-out through darwinism with the one with the gun winning.
That is the fault of a gun, how? Shouldn't it be the fault of the cars and the road merge design, too?

Link / quote to anywhere anyone suggested "it's the fault of the gun"?

What's the first word in the title here Einstein?

A gun cannot initiate an action and therefore cannot be "at fault". Nor can it "win" for the same reason. What "won" here is the gun culture. Again --- the idea that "I can get to this ramp one car faster by shooting at that car".

Why is this sailing over your tiny little head?

Once again Heroin is illegal yet pours across wide open Southern border ( money-maker). Guns would pour across also for the huge profits.

Did this guy have a legal gun? Loaded in car? is that legal?

Why 18 yr. Old girl fight a guy in pickup truck? Hello? Can't win? Back off. Let the nut go.
Well, most of those guns in Mexico came from us, so I suppose there would be some justice in that.
If there are many less legal guns in the country, there will also be less illegal guns in the country. The vast majority of guns used in crimes that were owned illegally had originally been purchased legally from a store. Then they were stolen or transferred without a background check.
Really, you're going to blame the victim here? That is not supposed to be a life and death decision. It was made such by a guy with a gun.

Link / quote to anywhere anyone suggested "it's the fault of the gun"?

What's the first word in the title here Einstein?

A gun cannot initiate an action and therefore cannot be "at fault". Nor can it "win" for the same reason. What "won" here is the gun culture. Again --- the idea that "I can get to this ramp one car faster by shooting at that car".

Why is this sailing over your tiny little head?

Why are you continuing to backpedal on the fact that you politicized this incident with a gun control reference?

I agree, Pogo, that the culture of "I'll fix this problem by shooting at it" covers most bases. I'm not sure how we begin to do that without curtailing the guns themselves, though. NOT having the gun will FORCE people to chose an alternate route. Won't it? Then the education on alternate problem solving comes in.

Forum List

Back