Manhunt On for Road Rage Shooter

So a pair of rude hoodlums who each tried to cut in front of traffic, creating a bottleneck and stealing time from motorists behind them, settled their falling-out through darwinism with the one with the gun winning.
That is the fault of a gun, how? Shouldn't it be the fault of the cars and the road merge design, too?

Link / quote to anywhere anyone suggested "it's the fault of the gun"?

What's the first word in the title here Einstein?

A gun cannot initiate an action and therefore cannot be "at fault". Nor can it "win" for the same reason. What "won" here is the gun culture. Again --- the idea that "I can get to this ramp one car faster by shooting at that car".

Why is this sailing over your tiny little head?

Why are you continuing to backpedal on the fact that you politicized this incident with a gun control reference?

Are every one of you fucking people completely illiterate?

I made no mention of "gun control". Anywhere. Prove me wrong.
You illiterati have to quit blaming the writer for your own failure of reading comprehension.
You are asking too hard a question. I have no idea how to start what you're saying, even though I agree it's entirely sensible.
And I'm the one muddying your water with gun control threats. Lo siento.
France requires a psychological evaluation prior to getting a firearms license and it is regularly renewed. Not a bad idea.

France doesn't have a Constitution guaranteeing a right to bear arms.
The Constitution doesn't specify that domestic abusers cannot own a gun, yet we have that law. We can require a psychological evaluation if we want to.

The Constitution doesn't declare a right to bear arms as long as the federal government deems you competent after passing a test and I guarantee you such an attempt by any state or the federal government to implement such a requirement would be shot down in flames by the courts. Not even the Ninth Circus would be so bold to enforce something like that.
Well, since most of the mass shootings in the past few years that weren't terror related were performed by mentally unstable people, why not? We give psych evals to people entering the military and law enforcement who will be handling guns. Why not our civilians? Your argument doesn't actually hold water. We DO have laws and restrictions around gun ownership and passing a test showing you are not a violent whack job would probably be one of the more sensible laws.

Except it is a Right, and you can't block someones access to a Right with psyche tests just because you feel like doing it....
Neither of you (you or Taz) have told me WHY not, when people's right to own a gun can be blocked if they are a felon or diagnosed as a danger to self and others. Or a perpetrator of domestic violence. So failing to have a clean bill of mental health is somehow different? How?

France requires a psychological evaluation prior to getting a firearms license and it is regularly renewed. Not a bad idea.

Once again Heroin is illegal yet pours across wide open Southern border ( money-maker). Guns would pour across also for the huge profits.

Did this guy have a legal gun? Loaded in car? is that legal?

Why 18 yr. Old girl fight a guy in pickup truck? Hello? Can't win? Back off. Let the nut go.
Well, most of those guns in Mexico came from us, so I suppose there would be some justice in that.
If there are many less legal guns in the country, there will also be less illegal guns in the country. The vast majority of guns used in crimes that were owned illegally had originally been purchased legally from a store. Then they were stolen or transferred without a background check.
Really, you're going to blame the victim here? That is not supposed to be a life and death decision. It was made such by a guy with a gun.

Wrong....most of their guns come from China and Europe....the drug cartels actually need military weapons and they get the majority of those from overseas, not the U.S....they do get rifles from the U.S. military....which their military then sells to the cartels......and from obama and eric holder...

I agree, Pogo, that the culture of "I'll fix this problem by shooting at it" covers most bases. I'm not sure how we begin to do that without curtailing the guns themselves, though. NOT having the gun will FORCE people to chose an alternate route. Won't it? Then the education on alternate problem solving comes in.

No...they will get them illegally.....they banned guns in Britain, and their gun crime rate in London is up 42%....and it is up 10% or more around the rest of the country...criminals will get guns.

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem".

theHawk

It is not the gun but the retardation of the person behind the gun. Also I am willing to bet he would have ran her off the road if he did not have a gun seeing he did not care about her life.

In the end monsters will kill and hope they drag him behind his truck when they find his worthless ass...

Link / quote to anywhere anyone suggested "it's the fault of the gun"?

What's the first word in the title here Einstein?

A gun cannot initiate an action and therefore cannot be "at fault". Nor can it "win" for the same reason. What "won" here is the gun culture. Again --- the idea that "I can get to this ramp one car faster by shooting at that car".

Why is this sailing over your tiny little head?

Why are you continuing to backpedal on the fact that you politicized this incident with a gun control reference?

Are every one of you fucking people completely illiterate?

I made no mention of "gun control". Anywhere. Prove me wrong.
You illiterati have to quit blaming the writer for your own failure of reading comprehension.
You are asking too hard a question. I have no idea how to start what you're saying, even though I agree it's entirely sensible.
And I'm the one muddying your water with gun control threats. Lo siento.
The Constitution doesn't specify that domestic abusers cannot own a gun, yet we have that law. We can require a psychological evaluation if we want to.

The Constitution doesn't declare a right to bear arms as long as the federal government deems you competent after passing a test and I guarantee you such an attempt by any state or the federal government to implement such a requirement would be shot down in flames by the courts. Not even the Ninth Circus would be so bold to enforce something like that.
Well, since most of the mass shootings in the past few years that weren't terror related were performed by mentally unstable people, why not? We give psych evals to people entering the military and law enforcement who will be handling guns. Why not our civilians? Your argument doesn't actually hold water. We DO have laws and restrictions around gun ownership and passing a test showing you are not a violent whack job would probably be one of the more sensible laws.

Except it is a Right, and you can't block someones access to a Right with psyche tests just because you feel like doing it....
Neither of you (you or Taz) have told me WHY not, when people's right to own a gun can be blocked if they are a felon or diagnosed as a danger to self and others. Or a perpetrator of domestic violence. So failing to have a clean bill of mental health is somehow different? How?

Because it violates the Due Process protections in the Bill of Rights...the 5th Amendment for one....you actually support the government coming in and forcing people in mass to go through government evaluations before they can exercise basic Rights?

This is why you can't be in charge of the country, you and the other left wingers...

It would be a violation...a domestic abuser has been arrested, had his day in court and been found guilty by a jury of their peers.......then they get stripped of their Bill of Rights protection...

Notice the whole, Due Process thing...?

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem".

theHawk
I never expected you to take a tragedy and make it political.
The conversation needs to be had. People would like to prevent these tragedies.

If you just banned people then you wouldn't have these problems :smoke:
"Guns are completely safe..." "Guns are inanimate objects..." "People kill people."
Pressure cooker bombs are completely safe, too, until detonated by a person. Doesn't mean we sell them in WalMart. Guns are killing machines. That is their purpose. You can kill a person with a gun driving your car with nary a scratch, and sometimes you don't even get caught. Drive by shootings and this road rage incident are examples. Yes, a person operated the gun. Of course that's how it works and the person is responsible for using that killing machine. Without the gun, the person would have had the messy option of banging up his own truck in order to force her off the road. Drive by knifings? How well do those work? Walking into the Bronx hospital and stabbing six selected ex-coworkers on two floors? I don't think he would have gotten that far.
Harm reduction, Lucy.
Sure murderers will always be with us. They'll be slowed down a lot without guns.

The hospital shooter...with that rifle that you hate...killed on, injured 6.

If he had rented a truck and driven through the parking lot.....he could have killed more people.....the Nice, France killer used a rental truck and killed 89 and injured 400....

Knives kill over 1,500 people every single year.....
Yes, and so far this year, half the way through, guns have killed 7,619, not including suicides. So figure it out.
And the hospital shooter who could drive a truck to the 15th floor of the hospital would get my kudos for stunt driving. Imagine the stairs!
Gun Violence Archive

Once again Heroin is illegal yet pours across wide open Southern border ( money-maker). Guns would pour across also for the huge profits.

Why 18 yr. Old girl fight a guy in pickup truck? Hello? Can't win? Back off. Let the nut go.
Well, most of those guns in Mexico came from us, so I suppose there would be some justice in that.
If there are many less legal guns in the country, there will also be less illegal guns in the country. The vast majority of guns used in crimes that were owned illegally had originally been purchased legally from a store. Then they were stolen or transferred without a background check.
Really, you're going to blame the victim here? That is not supposed to be a life and death decision. It was made such by a guy with a gun.

Wrong....most of their guns come from China and Europe....the drug cartels actually need military weapons and they get the majority of those from overseas, not the U.S....they do get rifles from the U.S. military....which their military then sells to the cartels......and from obama and eric holder...
2000 Illegal Weapons Cross US-Mexico Border Per Day: Report

"Guns are completely safe..." "Guns are inanimate objects..." "People kill people."
Pressure cooker bombs are completely safe, too, until detonated by a person. Doesn't mean we sell them in WalMart. Guns are killing machines. That is their purpose. You can kill a person with a gun driving your car with nary a scratch, and sometimes you don't even get caught. Drive by shootings and this road rage incident are examples. Yes, a person operated the gun. Of course that's how it works and the person is responsible for using that killing machine. Without the gun, the person would have had the messy option of banging up his own truck in order to force her off the road. Drive by knifings? How well do those work? Walking into the Bronx hospital and stabbing six selected ex-coworkers on two floors? I don't think he would have gotten that far.
Harm reduction, Lucy.
Sure murderers will always be with us. They'll be slowed down a lot without guns.

If he had rented a truck and driven through the parking lot.....he could have killed more people.....the Nice, France killer used a rental truck and killed 89 and injured 400....

Yes, and so far this year, half the way through, guns have killed 7,619, not including suicides. So figure it out.
And the hospital shooter who could drive a truck to the 15th floor of the hospital would get my kudos for stunt driving. Imagine the stairs!
Gun Violence Archive

No....criminals, 90% of whom have long criminal histories and multiple felonies have murdered other criminals.......

And half of 1,500,000 is 750,000 ....that means half way through the year , Americans used guns 750,000 times to stop violent criminals........which is more than the gun murders that happen...

Here it is...the 4th amendment protects against random psyche evaluations by you and other left wingers...

Fourth Amendment

It would be a violation...a domestic abuser has been arrested, had his day in court and been found guilty by a jury of their peers.......then they get stripped of their Bill of Rights protection...

In what way is a valid mental health evaluation by a licensed professional different? I think you're grasping at straws.

Sorry...that is a crap article......

Mexico’s gun control laws: A model for the United States?

Whatever the exact percentage, it is incorrect to assert that purchases from American gun stores for the purposes of smuggling into Mexico are the prime source of American guns in Mexico. To the contrary, of the Mexican guns that are successfully traced to the U.S., the average firearms age is fifteen years, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives. The age of these guns is strong evidence that they were legal American guns that were stolen and then sold into the black market–and not guns which were bought at a gun store as part of a plan for them to be immediately transported to Mexico.

And here is an accurate account of guns in Mexico...

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

Type 3: Guns Not Available for Civilian Purchase in Mexico or the U.S.
The third category of weapons encountered in Mexico is military-grade ordnance not generally available for sale in the United States or Mexico. This category includes hand grenades, 40 mm grenades, rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), automatic assault rifles and main battle rifles and light machine guns.

This third type of weapon is fairly difficult and very expensive to obtain in the United States, especially in the large numbers in which the cartels are employing them. They are also dangerous to obtain in the United States due to heavy law enforcement scrutiny. Therefore, most of the military ordnance used by the Mexican cartels comes from other sources, such as the international arms market — increasingly from China via the same networks that furnish precursor chemicals for narcotics manufacturing — or from corrupt elements in the Mexican military or even deserters who take their weapons with them. Besides, items such as South Korean fragmentation grenades and RPG-7s, often used by the cartels, simply are not in the U.S. arsenal. This means that very few of the weapons in this category come from the United States.

Harm reduction, Lucy.

Gun Violence Archive

No....criminals, 90% of whom have long criminal histories and multiple felonies have murdered other criminals.......

And half of 1,500,000 is 750,000 ....that means half way through the year , Americans used guns 750,000 times to stop violent criminals........which is more than the gun murders that happen...

Here it is...the 4th amendment protects against random psyche evaluations by you and other left wingers...

Fourth Amendment
Guy, that's horseshit. You can't be licensed to practice medicine without taking an examination and passing it. You shouldn't be licensed to own a killing machine unless you can pass a mental health evaluation showing that you aren't violently unstable. Gun owners need to start taking some responsibility here. Man up.

In what way is a valid mental health evaluation by a licensed professional different? I think you're grasping at straws.

No....the 4th Amendment protects us from random searches ....and mental health exams by the government...

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Harm reduction, Lucy.

Gun Violence Archive

Fourth Amendment
Guy, that's horseshit. You can't be licensed to practice medicine without taking an examination and passing it. You shouldn't be licensed to own a killing machine unless you can pass a mental health evaluation showing that you aren't violently unstable. Gun owners need to start taking some responsibility here. Man up.

Practising medicine is not a Right, owning a gun is......you don't have to be licensed to write a book or to be a journalist.....

Gun owners are already taking responsiblity..that is why gun accident death rates and non fatal death rates are going down, not up...there is nothing you post that actually reflects reality...just what you think without actual facts....

Non fatal gun accidents.....

Nonfatal and Fatal Firearm-Related Injuries -- United States, 1993-1997
1993... 104,390
1994... 89,744
1995... 84,322
1996... 69,649
1997... 64,207
Surveillance for Fatal and Nonfatal Firearm-Related Injuries --- United States, 1993--1998
1998... 79,384
WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports

CDC non fatal gun accident.....

2001.... 17,696

2002... 17,579

2003... 18,941

2004... 16,555

2005... 15,388

2006... 14,678

2007... 15,698

2008... 17,215

2009... 18,610

2010... 14,161

2011... 14,675

2012... 17,362

2013... 16,864

2014..... 15,928

2015... 17,311

Fatal accidents...

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

T

Whatever the exact percentage, it is incorrect to assert that purchases from American gun stores for the purposes of smuggling into Mexico are the prime source of American guns in Mexico. To the contrary, of the Mexican guns that are successfully traced to the U.S., the average firearms age is fifteen years, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives. The age of these guns is strong evidence that they were legal American guns that were stolen and then sold into the black market–and not guns which were bought at a gun store as part of a plan for them to be immediately transported to Mexico.

The third category of weapons encountered in Mexico is military-grade ordnance not generally available for sale in the United States or Mexico. This category includes hand grenades, 40 mm grenades, rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), automatic assault rifles and main battle rifles and light machine guns.

This third type of weapon is fairly difficult and very expensive to obtain in the United States, especially in the large numbers in which the cartels are employing them. They are also dangerous to obtain in the United States due to heavy law enforcement scrutiny. Therefore, most of the military ordnance used by the Mexican cartels comes from other sources, such as the international arms market — increasingly from China via the same networks that furnish precursor chemicals for narcotics manufacturing — or from corrupt elements in the Mexican military or even deserters who take their weapons with them. Besides, items such as South Korean fragmentation grenades and RPG-7s, often used by the cartels, simply are not in the U.S. arsenal. This means that very few of the weapons in this category come from the United States.
Your response is typical; anything that refutes your propaganda is always "crap" in your book. Doesn't make it so.
I have been hearing that Mexico is very concerned about the guns coming into their country from here, and that is why the Mexican president is willing to talk to Trump about border security. We are not wholly the victims in that border problem.
That is Mexico talking, not Dems or gun grabbers here. It is MEXICO reporting the problem, as was the article I put up.

Harm reduction, Lucy.

Gun Violence Archive

Fourth Amendment

They aren't killing machines.....we have close to 600 million guns and only 9,616 gun murders, 70-80% of which are criminals killing criminals...

knives murder 1,500 people every single year.....

Harm reduction, Lucy.

Gun Violence Archive

Gun Violence Archive

upload_2017-7-1_11-32-23.png

Looks like 3 of 4 bottom categories are good guys with gun stopping an attack? Over 3000 to pull out.

"Teens" killed is 1600 gang bangers' shooting it up. Go ahead, stop that. Trump is trying at least.

1000 un-intentional? 30K die in car accidents. Many by people behaving badly behind wheel. Stop that too.

No....the 4th Amendment protects us from random searches ....and mental health exams by the government...

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
You can repeat that two hundred times and it still won't apply. Take it to the Supreme Court. It won't find in your favor, I'm positive.

Your response is typical; anything that refutes your propaganda is always "crap" in your book. Doesn't make it so.
I have been hearing that Mexico is very concerned about the guns coming into their country from here, and that is why the Mexican president is willing to talk to Trump about border security. We are not wholly the victims in that border problem.
That is Mexico talking, not Dems or gun grabbers here. It is MEXICO reporting the problem, as was the article I put up.

The Mexican police and military are providing guns to the drug cartels.......and they disarmed their people, that is the biggest reason their murder rate is so high...their people are defenseless when the police, military and drug cartels murder them.

You can repeat that two hundred times and it still won't apply. Take it to the Supreme Court. It won't find in your favor, I'm positive.

You think the Supreme Court....is going to allow random psych evaluations for people without due cause...really....I am so glad you aren't in public office...it is a shame you get to vote for those who are....

Forum List

Back