Many electric vehicle-owners are finding that charging on the go is neither easy nor fast

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
ELECTRIC SHOCK: Many electric vehicle-owners are finding that charging on the go is neither easy nor fast.

Electric vehicle drivers get candid about charging: 'Logistical nightmare'​

Charging on the go is neither easy nor fast.

I know. Nobody saw this coming.
Except everyone with an above room temperature IQ.

ELECTRIC SHOCK: Many electric vehicle-owners are finding that charging on the go is neither easy nor fast.

That’s why the infrastructure bill has a lot of money fiwncharfing stations.

And?

Hybrids are better.

And?
So you trust the government to solve a shortage in which they have zero accountability in doing so?
1690935668646.gif

Add this on to the total cost to America of the most obvious scientific fraud in history, the Co2 fraud

And?

You know it would cost the federal government 10 times the amount to build a fiwincharfing station, than it would occur normally. Their bill is guaranteed to waste money.... plus those stations are going to be hooked up to coal and gas fired power grids, so your not really accomplishing much at this point. Better of buying a hybrid vehicle and just getting better gas mileage. You actually do more benefit than going full electric.

And?
Gonna take a while to develop that infrastructure. I'm not even sure it's worth it to go down that road. It quickly becomes apparent that charging is not going to win the day if you're spending 15-30 minutes at a gas station every 400 miles on a road trip. Gasoline engines take 5 minutes tops. Americans, by and large, have money for more expensive gas if they are taking road trips. What they don't have is an abundance of time.

The better option going forward would be to do what the Chinese have done. Just like you have an Exxon or Chevron credit card, you get an account with a company that supplies batteries for cars. When you need one, you pull in to the station. A robot from under your car takes out your depleted battery and puts it into a charger located under ground. Once it does that, it takes a charged battery and installs it. You're on your way. They have it down to 3 minutes in some cases. You never get out of your car.

Gonna take a while to develop that infrastructure. I'm not even sure it's worth it to go down that road. It quickly becomes apparent that charging is not going to win the day if you're spending 15-30 minutes at a gas station every 400 miles on a road trip. Gasoline engines take 5 minutes tops. Americans, by and large, have money for more expensive gas if they are taking road trips. What they don't have is an abundance of time.

The better option going forward would be to do what the Chinese have done. Just like you have an Exxon or Chevron credit card, you get an account with a company that supplies batteries for cars. When you need one, you pull in to the station. A robot from under your car takes out your depleted battery and puts it into a charger located under ground. Once it does that, it takes a charged battery and installs it. You're on your way. They have it down to 3 minutes in some cases. You never get out of your car.
Except you eco-nazi loons want millions of these arsonmobiles on the road. Meaning hundreds of millions of batteries just lying around as spares. Explain how that is possible in both production and logistics. I'll wait.

Wait till that 6 or 8 year mark when they have to fork over 8 to 15 thousand to replace their batteries. They will have to take out another loan to pay for the batteries in the car they just paid off after buying it new.

The vast majority of people who buy electric cars fully understand the logistics in owning one.

Wait till that 6 or 8 year mark when they have to fork over 8 to 15 thousand to replace their batteries. They will have to take out another loan to pay for the batteries in the car they just paid off after buying it new.

Is there a timer on them that make them go bad?

If I'm not mistaken all EV batteries have warranties for 10 years.

Years from now, when say 50% of the vehicles on the road are EV's, imagine the snarl you'll have when all these vehicles are constantly looking for charging stations.
When it takes as long as it does to charge, they'll need several times as many charge stations as there are gas stations.

Forum List

Back