Zone1 First Millennial Saint

We have a an entire church full of living ones. in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Faithful members of Jesus Christ's church are known as saints.

Oh? They're actual saints? I just thought that's what the name of the church was. I didn't realize that its members were saints. Lol you can really tell how little that I know about this. 😆

the only thing that I know about saints is that they're all dead.
That is true. Unless one is referring to the communion of saints - which in Christian theology - is the spiritual union of all Christians, living and dead, who are baptized and united to Jesus Christ.... as Meriweather so aptly and accurately informed us.

Here are some references to "saints" in scripture.

Saint

A faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ.
  • Gather my Saints together unto me, Ps. 50:5.
  • Saul did much evil to the Saints at Jerusalem, Acts 9:1–21.
  • Peter came down also to the Saints which dwelt at Lydda, Acts 9:32.
  • Grace and peace to all that be in Rome, called to be Saints, Rom. 1:7.
  • Ye are fellowcitizens with the Saints, Eph. 2:19–21.
  • I beheld the Church of the Lamb, who were the Saints of God, 1 Ne. 14:12.
  • The natural man is an enemy to God unless he becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ, Mosiah 3:19.
  • I, the Lord, have blessed the land for the use of my Saints, D&C 61:17.
  • Satan maketh war with the Saints of God, D&C 76:28–29.
  • Labor diligently to prepare the Saints for the judgment which is to come, D&C 88:84–85.
  • Saints should impart of their substance to the poor and afflicted, D&C 105:3.
  • The above offices I have given for the work of the ministry and the perfecting of my Saints, D&C 124:143 (Eph. 4:12).

Forum List

Back