“Many People Died, and What For?”: More and More Ukrainians Just Want Peace

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
A mess from the moment Biden was installed in the White House.

But ask yourself this. Why did the deep state so want Biden over Trump?

Well?

War. Because there is so much money in war for so many people.

And that is why the same people want Harris.

Ukrainians are increasingly open to negotiating an end to the war with Russia, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

The growing frustration with the war is leading more Ukrainians to consider the possibility of a negotiated peace. In July, a Kyiv International Institute of Sociology(KIIS) survey found that about 44% of Ukrainians are open to territorial concessions to achieve peace and preserve independence, according to The New York Times.

Nadia Ivashchenko, 28, a railway signal operator from central Kirovohrad, admitted she couldn’t outline what a favorable peace settlement would look like. Her husband has been serving in the army since Russia’s invasion in February 2022, and their five-year-old son has not seen his father for years. “So many people died, and what for?” Ivashchenko said. “But I want everything to be finished, at least somehow, because I have a son, and I don’t want him to grow up in such a wartime as now,” according to The New York Times.

The KIIS poll reveals that between May 2022 and May 2023, roughly 8% to 10% of respondents were open to territorial concessions, while a significant majority, 82% to 87%, consistently opposed them. However, since May 2023, more people have become willing to consider concessions. By the end of 2023, 19% were ready to make concessions; this figure grew to 26% by February, and increased to 32% in May.

Well?

Ukrainians are increasingly open to negotiating an end to the war with Russia, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.
The growing frustration with the war is leading more Ukrainians to consider the possibility of a negotiated peace. In July, a Kyiv International Institute of Sociology(KIIS) survey found that about 44% of Ukrainians are open to territorial concessions to achieve peace and preserve independence, according to The New York Times.
Nadia Ivashchenko, 28, a railway signal operator from central Kirovohrad, admitted she couldn’t outline what a favorable peace settlement would look like. Her husband has been serving in the army since Russia’s invasion in February 2022, and their five-year-old son has not seen his father for years. “So many people died, and what for?” Ivashchenko said. “But I want everything to be finished, at least somehow, because I have a son, and I don’t want him to grow up in such a wartime as now,” according to The New York Times.
The KIIS poll reveals that between May 2022 and May 2023, roughly 8% to 10% of respondents were open to territorial concessions, while a significant majority, 82% to 87%, consistently opposed them. However, since May 2023, more people have become willing to consider concessions. By the end of 2023, 19% were ready to make concessions; this figure grew to 26% by February, and increased to 32% in May.

~~~~~~
Peace At What Price?

**********​

Last edited:

Well?

Interesting. The Russian troops do not want to fight in Ukraine. Putin should just call it off, like their attempt in Afghanistan.

Well?

War is the banality of evil. Unfortunately we will have to wait for our Boss to return to accomplish what all of humanity combined could not accomplish(so humiliating). Until then I will support the below link as an alternative to the wars of human death & mass destruction.

The 'Peter Pan' deer; don't go into hysterical laughter without them!

More and More Ukrainians Just Want Peace​

More and more? The only Ukrainians who do not welcome peace are the Ukrainian Nazis and the only people who want war is the American Military-Industrial Complex. Had the US stayed out of it Russia would have lent a hand in rooting out the faction of Ukrainian Nazis and Donbas would be prospering. Whether or not Russia would also be willing to help Ukraine weed out its political corruption ..... that I don't know.

Forum List

Back