many times, I have fired 1000+ rds per day

normally, half of those rds of ammo wer .22, but I've had dozens of days when they were all my cast bullet .45 reloads, too. When I was active in competition, I went thru 120,000 rds of ammo in 3 years, and hundreds, if not thousands of people do the same thing, 10's of thousands fire 10,000 + rds per year. So a guy having 10,000 rds in his house means exactlly nothing, folks. it just means that he knows he's going to shoot a lot, so he saves money by making bulk purchases.

Wow, how creative.

normally, half of those rds of ammo wer .22, but I've had dozens of days when they were all my cast bullet .45 reloads, too. When I was active in competition, I went thru 120,000 rds of ammo in 3 years, and hundreds, if not thousands of people do the same thing, 10's of thousands fire 10,000 + rds per year. So a guy having 10,000 rds in his house means exactlly nothing, folks. it just means that he knows he's going to shoot a lot, so he saves money by making bulk purchases.

These paranoid lefties would freak out if they went to my father in law's house. We reload at his place and have 5 gallon buckets full of shotgun shells cover the garage floor when I help him reload. He and I will shoot 3-400 rounds in a day at the skeet or trap range. Hell we will go through 500 rounds in a day just shooting the .45's, more if my nephew's come along. I don't know how many .22's my kid and I shot playing a game of reverse the spinner target but the ground was pretty much a brass floor by the time we were done.

Having 10,000 plus rounds on hand isn't crazy, we need that many.

Wow, how creative.

Your pathetic post wasn't.

I've gone through 1k rounds in a day quite a few times. shooting an AR or an AK at steel you just tend to peel them off. at 30 rounds a pop it adds up quick. even pistol you blow through pretty quick.

I think you want to maintain at least 10k rounds of each caliper you shoot. plus we probably have at least that in reloading components for each.

Some days it takes all day to unload my new ammo from the truck. I'm thinking I could put in a bunker for storage up by my range so I would only have to start the fork lift once a month.
I need a forklift for the BS in this post.

Think I'm exaggerating? This is last week's shipment of 7.62×51. It's fairly reasonable if you buy it by the ton.

ammo-online.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back