🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Marco Rubio votes "NO" on Violence Against Women Act

SO which is it?

Are women, as a class, strong and powerful enough to be allowed to enter Combat career fields in the Military, subject to the stresses (Both physical and Emotional), the greater potential of being shot, maimed, mangled, and mutilated by enemy fire, the very real potential of being captured by the enemy and subject to physical and emotional tortures as well as being raped multiple times a day for days on end........

Or are they special creatures who need to have special laws giving them special protections from their boyfriends and husbands?

You really can't have it both ways.

I would have voted "No" also.

THAT is a damn good point
If they want the front line against crazed fucks with guns and bazookas, they can handle themselves against a simple domestic dispute!
Plus the bill is BS

I thought men and women were equal now, or is this just another ruse of women having their cake and eating it too?

I have a feeling that it is going to be a very long time before Republicans receive major support from women, judging from the comments on this thread.

I have a feeling that it is going to be a very long time before Republicans receive major support from women, judging from the comments on this thread.

Do women require "special" treatment in order garner their votes?

I thought they wanted "equal" treatment.

Or is it only "equal" until they want it be "special"?

Thanks for illustrating my point.

If special treatment means added protection against domestic violence that is the leading cause of murder among women

Then I guess they do

The murder rate attributed to domestic violence is not "equal"

Marco Rubio, Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell all say........Just say YES about violence against women

vawavote-50-e1360699858511.png

I guess we could call these dudes.....

:eusa_whistle:

oh sure, like the Democrats do with abortions?
most women who are Republicans want the damn government to STAY THE HELL out of lives..They are very capable of TAKING CARE of themselves..

At this point, most women who are Republicans seem to have adams apples.:razz:

and dem men have no testicles and dem women have penises

Too many GOP women want to tell other women what to do with their bodies, and that, my friends, is not conservative. It is statist right wing progressivism.

Whatever it is in principle, VAWA has proved to be disastrous in practice. It should be eliminated.

Do any of you believe that throwing tax dollars at feel good shit like this will actually accomplish anything?

I'm curious, why do you think violence against one group of people requires some sort of special consideration? Shouldn't all violence against all people be treated with the same laws? Or do you think that some class of people should be given special treatment?

Your comment proves that you don't fully understand the issue. Native women aren't seeking "special" legal treatment - they're just seeking legal treatment that has been falling between the legal cracks.

Tribal Provision: Myths v. Facts - VAWA Reauthorization

In some instances like for instance laws for disabled people in which it addresses a specific need that would be uncommon to all people.

Also occurs to me that people who oppose abortion state the rights of the unborn.

And rights of children not to be coerced by adults into sexual activities that they have not reached maturity to participate in.

In regards to special laws I would say that they come about because a particular group is at a disadvantage that the majority is not in that unique position of having a need of protection for.

Last edited:
SO which is it?

Are women, as a class, strong and powerful enough to be allowed to enter Combat career fields in the Military, subject to the stresses (Both physical and Emotional), the greater potential of being shot, maimed, mangled, and mutilated by enemy fire, the very real potential of being captured by the enemy and subject to physical and emotional tortures as well as being raped multiple times a day for days on end........

Or are they special creatures who need to have special laws giving them special protections from their boyfriends and husbands?

You really can't have it both ways.

I would have voted "No" also.

oh good one...can't wait to hear the answers on that...bet you'll get silence

omg...
too friggen funny..most people probably didn't even hear of this bill

omg...
too friggen funny..most people probably didn't even hear of this bill

Democrats will remind them of it...
Of course they will.....and clear thinking people will think,..... "pfffffffft, who cares, where's the fucking jobs, and why am I having so much trouble paying the bills after all these years of Obama's presidency?"

War on Women Hall of Fame:
Bill Clinton
John F. Kennedy
Jesse Jackson
John Edwards
Gary Hart
Eliot Spitzer
Anthony Weiner
Wayne Hays
James McGreevy
Thomas Jefferson

Why did he do that?? Here I actually defended his clumsy water drinking last night, too!!! I kind of felt sorry for him. Now I wish he had dribbled it down his shirt!!! :lol:

Forum List

Back