Marine vet speaks out about viral video supporting Trump travel ban

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Lance Corporal Steven Gern, 42, who worked as a contractor in Iraq starting in 2005, posted his video on February 1, and told Fox News he was evacuated from Iraq the next day because of it.

In the video, Gern said he had spoken to a group of Iraqi men about the travel ban, without getting into specifics. "My simple question was, 'As an American, if I went out in town right now, would I be welcome?' And they instantly said, 'Absolutely not, you would not be welcome.' And I said, 'OK, so what would happen if I went out of town?' And they said the locals would snatch me up and kill me within an hour."

“The Iraqis, in general, have very little respect for any America –regardless of whether you’re a Marine, a contractor, or a civilian—they have very little respect for you,” Gern told Fox News. “The United States pumps more and more money and it’s not appreciated –why don’t we just take care of our own?”

*The video would not copy.

So, he asked a good question. "Why are we wasting resources on people with that kind of culture. Why bring them here?"

Forum List

Back