Mask freedom

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
Some feel that it is a good idea to wear masks in public, and some don't want any part of it. If one wants to go into an environment that they think could be contaminated, they have the freedom and the ability to take whatever protective measures are appropriate. If people who don't want to wear a mask want to take the risk of being unprotected in public, those who are afraid can still share the same space without being infected if they wear their gear. There is no need for those who don't like wearing masks to force mask believers to not wear masks, and there is no need for mask believers to force those who don't want a mask to wear one. The whole point of protective gear is to isolate from hazardous air, so why would mask believers care if anybody else wears one or not?

Still a free country...but watch what happens....I bet masks will be mandatory in super markets...church and sporting events and concerts and theaters for a period of time...just to ease people into being together again...

Some feel that it is a good idea to wear masks in public, and some don't want any part of it. If one wants to go into an environment that they think could be contaminated, they have the freedom and the ability to take whatever protective measures are appropriate. If people who don't want to wear a mask want to take the risk of being unprotected in public, those who are afraid can still share the same space without being infected if they wear their gear. There is no need for those who don't like wearing masks to force mask believers to not wear masks, and there is no need for mask believers to force those who don't want a mask to wear one. The whole point of protective gear is to isolate from hazardous air, so why would mask believers care if anybody else wears one or not?

Masks don't protect the wearer.

They are to protect others FROM the wearer.

I believe the logic stems from the fact that people feel that if they are inconvenienced..all should be.

there is a lot of misinformation out there about masks..a properly worn N95 mask has been proven to be helpful..a painters mask is next to useless. A homemade mask is not recommended by professionals..and the moisture trapped can be problematic. if you are not used to wearing a mask..you may find yourself adjusting it often..and touching your face more..not good. A tight seal is imperative..if air can leak through the sides or nose area..it defeats the whole point.

Last edited:

I've worked with hazmat for most of my career, and have noticed that the reason why I select various cartridges for my respirator, or when I wear n95 masks, it is specifically for my own protection. There are guides on selecting the right masks and cartridges for each kind of hazmat that one doesn't want to breathe. One can wear the correct gloves and or masks to go into almost any hazmat environment.

I've worked with hazmat for most of my career, and have noticed that the reason why I select various cartridges for my respirator, or when I wear n95 masks, it is specifically for my own protection. There are guides on selecting the right masks and cartridges for each kind of hazmat that one doesn't want to breathe. One can wear the correct gloves and or masks to go into almost any hazmat environment.

N95 masks are illegal for the sheep. You're to turn them in to hospitals.

I believe the logic stems from the fact that people feel that if they are inconvenienced..all should be.

there is a lot of misinformation out there about masks..a properly worn N95 mask has been proven to be helpful..a painters mask is next to useless. A homemade mask is not recommended by professionals..and the moisture trapped can be problematic. if you are not used to wearing a mask..you may find yourself adjusting it often..and touching your face more..not good. A tight seal is imperative..if air can leak through the sides or nose area..it defeats the whole point.

The homemade mask thing sounds pretty sketchy to me, after having to select the correct respirator cartridges, suits, gloves, masks, and eye protection for the last 30 years. After all the hazmat training I have had to do over the years, I can't imagine making a mask out of some cloth. My natural instinct is to use NIOSH approved n95 or p100 for my own protection from viruses.

I have purchased my n95 masks from wal mart, home depot, Ebay, and Amazon for years for use at my job, but I have never heard anything about laws about having or buying them. I learned that n95 masks were hard to find during the ca paradise fire, so I started stocking cases of them once the masks were easy to find again. I need them to do my job, so I make sure to keep at least enough to get through another forest fire event.

I just checked out Ebay, there are a couple respirators with p100 filters for pretty cheap....

I like to wear a mask in commercial places around many visiting people in the tourist community in which I live. Yes, tourism is down but they are still coming here to their second homes, condos, or just to see the ocean and shop at the stores that are still open.

I like to wear a mask also because it protects cashiers, employees, and any shoppers in too close proximity to me from any virus I might be carrying due to a possible incubation period. It is a courteous thing to do.

I look out for myself and others any chance I get unless someone driving behind me is on my tail and PITY them if that ever happens! Ha! There is no reason for anyone to be on my tail as I drive several miles past the speed limit and practice defensive driving. My inner Danica Patrick comes out when I am in my car. I have never been involved in any kind of accident or incident and have had one ticket for driving 7 miles over the speed limit. ( radar ) :mad: I do slow it down in inclement weather. I love to drive and I love speed and always have my rhythmic music cranked. FUN!

I don't believe that they will make mask mandatory as in the beginning they were dead set against it except in specific circumstances. Its up to the wearer, as they must decide with what is comfortable for them. A lot of stores are putting up some type of enclosure for cashiers. Not a problem as it may help. It keeps them open and they are doing something. Restrooms have never been cleaner since the pandemic. Store personnel have the option of wearing mask. I heard of one store that already had an employee test positive for the disease.

The cloth masks being recommended are not for the wearer's protection. They are to.keep people who may be infected but asymptomatic from spreading the disease.

If you're gonna piss and moan, at least understand what you are pissing and moaning about.

To me, wearing one definitely makes sense when going for a bike ride because then you don't have to worry about bugs or anything else flying into your mouth.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I have been known to wear them occasionally for outdoor activities or particularly dusty or damp/moldy environments.

I have purchased my n95 masks from wal mart, home depot, Ebay, and Amazon for years for use at my job, but I have never heard anything about laws about having or buying them. I learned that n95 masks were hard to find during the ca paradise fire, so I started stocking cases of them once the masks were easy to find again. I need them to do my job, so I make sure to keep at least enough to get through another forest fire event.

I just checked out Ebay, there are a couple respirators with p100 filters for pretty cheap....

It's just a Wuhan Virus thing.

{
"CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission," read the CDC website.

Medical-grade face coverings, such as N95 respirators or surgical masks should be reserved for health care workers.

}

I like to wear a mask in commercial places around many visiting people in the tourist community in which I live. Yes, tourism is down but they are still coming here to their second homes, condos, or just to see the ocean and shop at the stores that are still open.

I like to wear a mask also because it protects cashiers, employees, and any shoppers in too close proximity to me from any virus I might be carrying due to a possible incubation period. It is a courteous thing to do.

I look out for myself and others any chance I get unless someone driving behind me is on my tail and PITY them if that ever happens! Ha! There is no reason for anyone to be on my tail as I drive several miles past the speed limit and practice defensive driving. My inner Danica Patrick comes out when I am in my car. I have never been involved in any kind of accident or incident and have had one ticket for driving 7 miles over the speed limit. ( radar ) :mad: I do slow it down in inclement weather. I love to drive and I love speed and always have my rhythmic music cranked. FUN!

I like wearing masks in dark alleys and banks.

1586816701047.png

It is crazy how one branch of the government (cdc) would recommend safety equipment that another branch of the government (OSHA) forbids.

Forum List

Back