Mass Exodus From States Run By Top Democratic Governors Continues

Interestingly...that might bring demographic changes to those states.

Those 247,410 people who left during Gov. Quinn’s time in office, according to IRS migration data, took $13.7 billion with them to states that that are better run and have lower taxes.

Bye bye tax base

The same mantra cons have been spitting up for the last 20 years. Yet California's economy has gone from the 8th largest in the world among nations to the 6th largest in the world.

Apparently only the dead weight has been leaving the state to settle in places like Taxus and Alabama where you can find a job for $7.50 an hour almost anywhere. Be sure to wear your hair net.

Are they moving to republican states that take more federal dollars?

If I had the finances and other wherewithall to do it, I'd move to another state in a second, but it's simply not feasible for me at this point Even a blue state like HI is better-managed than California. The funny thing about Hawaii is that even though it's a liberal state which hosted a portion of Obama's life, you would be amazed by the level of their hatred of Obama if you read Hawaiian cyberspace. Polynesians and Asians - 2 of the largest racial groups in HI - have even less use for blacks than we whites do. I've never seen an Asian or a Maori have anything good to say about the blacks and I don't blame them.

4 of the top 6 states HAVE NO STATE INCOME TAX KABOOM! :eusa_clap:

Here’s what people do . They work and raise their kids in blue states . Good paying jobs, good schools, infrastructure, city life .

When they retire they move to some warm red state . Why? The money goes further . They don’t care about the shit schools . And they can live in some gated community and keep the rubes at bay .

4 of the top 6 states HAVE NO STATE INCOME TAX KABOOM! :eusa_clap:

Here’s what people do . They work and raise their kids in blue states . Good paying jobs, good schools, infrastructure, city life .

When they retire they move to some warm red state . Why? The money goes further . They don’t care about the shit schools . And they can live in some gated community and keep the rubes at bay .

Washington is a blue state and has no state income tax you are Fake News :itsok:

You think people only move when they retire?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I fled Massachusetts ten years ago in my early twenties with a child, assclown

The reason's people are migrating not just tax policy, political ideology etc.

Fastest growing states for 2017 are: ND, DC, TX, WY, UT, NV, CO, AZ, FL and SD.

Yet - but between 2015-16, WY was LOSING population.

What’s Driving Population Declines in More States?

The reasons vary - economic reasons, for example some states seeing a decline were affected by low energy prices, others were dependent on coal and when coal went, no new jobs came in. Some are states with an aging population, others are aging baby boomers seeking warmer climates for retirement.

The States People Are Fleeing
New Jersey, Illinois, New York and Connecticut were the top states where more people are departing than arriving. An aging population is partly driving this trend, according to Michael Stoll, an economist and public policy professor at UCLA who partners with United Van Lines to interpret the migration study. “Compared to the South and West, the Midwest and Northeast have older populations,” he says. “As baby boomers reach retirement age, they’re thinking about places that have the amenities they’re looking for: warmer, more temperate climates and lower cost of living.

Forum List

Back