Mass Shooting in Nova Scotia

Maybe Dragonlady should worry about her own country for a while.

Canada shooting rampage kills at least 10 including policewoman; gunman dead, investigators say

A shooting rampage Sunday in Nova Scotia, Canada, killed at least 10 people including a policewoman, investigators said, adding that the shooter also died.

The lone gunman, 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman, "moved across the northern part of the province and committed what appears to be several homicides," Royal Canadian Mounted Police [RCMP] Chief Superintendent Chris Leather said. A possible motive was unclear. At one point, he apparently disguised himself as a police officer, investigators added.

At least one officer died and another suffered injuries, according to Brian Sauvé, the president of the National Police Federation union.

Investigators said earlier that they took Wortman into custody before later adding that he died. They did not give specifics.

Police said the incident began late Saturday in the tiny town of Portapique, initially reporting "multiple victims" and describing the suspect as possibly disguised as a mountie.

Wortman's name was released about nine hours after an initial tweet around midnight asking people to avoid the Portapique area and stay indoors as officers responded to a firearms complaint.

Nova Scotia again?

Dafuk is this thread doing in "Politics"?

Looks like Canada has a shooting spree epidemic on it's [sic] hands.

I know right? Why the last one was only six short years ago. Well, except for the Rumper guy at the mosque.
A shooting spree epidemic on it is hands indeed, he said redundantly.

Canada isn't "gun free," moron.
He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

Or in the case of Canada, because they have them right next door, eh?

I saw a witness say two police cars were on fire. What in hell kind of gun was he using? A bazooka? A flame thrower? The computer is not working right and I can't pull up any more articles. Share, folks.

A 9mm full-metal jacked handgun round can easily penetrate automotive sheet metal. There are any number of components under the hood that when struck with a bullet, can leak gasoline onto a hot engine, thereby starting a fire.

Don't ask me how I know this.

That's the point. Obviously nobody fired back at him.

The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back.

It's a nice fantasy. But it's divorced from reality.

Do you mean I've carried that Glock every day for the last 10 years, for nothing?

Please don't tell me that.
:eek-52:

He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

Or in the case of Canada, because they have them right next door, eh?
He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back.

Wrong, Americans don't have a 'right' to shoot back in 'gun free' zones. Also, if you so happen to kill a perp, you'll be in the back of a police car and possibly charged.

Wrong, Americans don't have a 'right' to shoot back in 'gun free' zones. Also, if you so happen to kill a perp, you'll be in the back of a police car and possibly charged.

Better tried by 12 than carried by 6, someone said.

Not gun free...but restricted...didn't C-12 or something heavily restrict privately owned handguns and semi-automatics?

Correct.

Almost all illegal handguns and semi-automatics are smuggled illegally into Canada from the US.

There are millions of rifles, however. I've fired one, though I never owned one. Many of my friends as kids took firearms training so they could hunt. It's very common.

Forum List

Back