Mass Shooting in Nova Scotia

It’s certainly not a time to be so disgusting as to politicize this.

What kind of sick monster would do that?

Damn. Is that m
Oops. There goes Canada's Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

Multiple victims in Canada shooting by suspect who was dressed as police officer, officials say

Following a manhunt, Canadian police have arrested a suspect in a Nova Scotia shooting after multiple victims were found.

Gabriel Wortman, 51, was taken into custody on Sunday after a pursuit throughout the Canadian province, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said.

Wortman was believed to be wearing a police uniform and driving a police vehicle, but is not employed by the RCMP, according to the police.

Multiple victims in Canada shooting by suspect who was dressed as police officer, officials say

Heeerrre's Shooty...

nova-2-ht-er-200419_hpMain_v4x3_16x9_992.jpg
My ole buddy Calvin Ayre ?
ayre3.jpg

That's the point. Obviously nobody fired back at him.

The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back.

It's a nice fantasy. But it's divorced from reality.
Mr. Toro said: "The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back. It's a nice fantasy. But it's divorced from reality."

The people of the United States of America like the right to keep and bear arms, whether they own a gun or not. And lovers of the founder's Constitution of the USA, Republicans support owning a gun if only to ward off evildoers who'd strike them on politics, or with a false allegation like Christine Blasey-Ford.

Last edited:

The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back.

The people of the United States of America like the right to keep and bear arms, whether they own a gun or not. And lovers of the founder's Constitution of the USA, Republicans support owning a gun if only to ward off evildoers who'd strike them on politics, or with a false allegation like Christine Blasey-Ford.

That's nice.

But it's irrelevant to the OP.

A denture maker. I finally got another article to pull up.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

Correct.

Almost all illegal handguns and semi-automatics are smuggled illegally into Canada from the US.

There are millions of rifles, however. I've fired one, though I never owned one. Many of my friends as kids took firearms training so they could hunt. It's very common.

That I know...quite a gun culture up there. I have a Canadian internet friend who puts my firearm knowledge to shame.

Stangely short barrel rifles and shotgun (colloquially termed "sawed off" in the US) are still legal up there but were banned here since National Firearm Act was passed in the 1930s.

Just a weird quirk in the law.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

WTF? That is horrifying. Was is close to you?

That's nice.

Is it? You said in opening a critique of the American people's gun rights saying: "The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back. It's a nice fantasy. But it's divorced from reality."

Project much, Mr. Toro? I merely responded with an opinion to your critique of my fellow Americans and me, a citizen who does not care for guns but supports ownership according to our nation's Constitution. And I will defend the Constitution if I notice an alien calls the Bill of Rights privileges a "fantasy divorced from reality." I will not respond with a critique of Canada because I love the other Canadians who live there and are such good stewards of God's natural beauties He put them in charge of.

That's nice.

Is it? You said in opening a critique of the American people's gun rights saying: "The rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that of Canada. Yet Americans have the right to shoot back. It's a nice fantasy. But it's divorced from reality."

Project much, Mr. Toro? I merely responded with an opinion to your critique of my fellow Americans and me, a citizen who does not care for guns but supports ownership according to our nation's Constitution. And I will defend the Constitution if I notice an alien calls the Bill of Rights privileges a "fantasy divorced from reality." I will not respond with a critique of Canada because I love the other Canadians who live there and are such good stewards of God's natural beauties He put them in charge of.
WHY WHY WHY do you idiots challenge ?
Canuks are a bunch of assholes.Cheap motherfuckers too. Ask any tourist destination

Canadians are not citizens. They are subjects.

The government can fuck them and take away their rights any way they want.

But a denture maker?

Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Canada isn't "gun free," moron.
He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

Or in the case of Canada, because they have them right next door, eh?
He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

That flew over your head huh.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

Sometimes I forget how far I have to dumb down around here to be understood.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

Is this all too deep for ya? Should I look for even smaller words?

Last edited:

But a denture maker?

Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Just awful. I am so sad for those affected. Such a disgusting act.

Canada doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms.
Oh really, then how did this guy have a weapon to do his dastardly deeds with ??? Just goes to show that Criminals will get guns no matter what rules are adopted or what rules are applied.

Just like this virus, they have to take each case as it arises just like it always did.

The leftist or Democrat way of thinking is to punish everyone for the dastardly deeds of one. It is absolutely un-American to think like that. We as American's won't play into the bullcrap anymore. Go Trump, as we know you aren't perfect, but you are doing the best you can in the situation's. We appreciate it too.

First, the rate of long gun ownership in Canada is about as high as it is in the US. Canada makes it very difficult to own handguns. It's virtually impossible to own a machine gun. Most illegal weapons in Canada are imported from the US.

Second, the rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that it is in Canada.
Move to Canada then.

Canada doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms.
Oh really, then how did this guy have a weapon to do his dastardly deeds with ??? Just goes to show that Criminals will get guns no matter what rules are adopted or what rules are applied.

Just like this virus, they have to take each case as it arises just like it always did.

The leftist or Democrat way of thinking is to punish everyone for the dastardly deeds of one. It is absolutely un-American to think like that. We as American's won't play into the bullcrap anymore. Go Trump, as we know you aren't perfect, but you are doing the best you can in the situation's. We appreciate it too.

First, the rate of long gun ownership in Canada is about as high as it is in the US. Canada makes it very difficult to own handguns. It's virtually impossible to own a machine gun. Most illegal weapons in Canada are imported from the US.

Second, the rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that it is in Canada.
The point is and you already made it, they don’t have the right to keep and bear arms.
And your point is what ??

He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.

But a denture maker?

Will you please post if there is any way to help those affected? I’m sure the people who post here would like to be able to contribute however we can.

Following a manhunt, Canadian police have arrested a suspect in a Nova Scotia shooting after multiple victims were found.

Gabriel Wortman, 51, was taken into custody on Sunday after a pursuit throughout the Canadian province, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said.

Wortman was believed to be wearing a police uniform and driving a police vehicle, but is not employed by the RCMP, according to the police.

Heeerrre's Shooty...

nova-2-ht-er-200419_hpMain_v4x3_16x9_992.jpg
They should have given him toilet paper

That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.
Well, Pogo IS an idiot.....

That's nice.

WHY WHY WHY do you idiots challenge ?
Canuks are a bunch of assholes.Cheap motherfuckers too. Ask any tourist destination

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with a Canadian. I have traveled there several times, from Toronto to Vancouver, and heard a master historian's lectures for 2 weeks on everything from Canada's association and loyalty to the United Kingdom and establishment of natural zones across their nation in which wildlife and native Canadian tribes receive the utmost respect. And they love their soldiers and honor them with poppy fields...
1587340182183.png

In Flanders Fields
John McCrae - 1872-1918

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

So bless the men who died defending Canadian interests and bless those who were taken unfairly earlier today in Northern Canada.​

Forum List

Back