Mass Shooting in Nova Scotia

Canada isn't "gun free," moron.
He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

Or in the case of Canada, because they have them right next door, eh?
He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

That flew over your head huh.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

Sometimes I forget how far I have to dumb down around here to be understood.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

Is this all too deep for ya? Should I look for even smaller words?
That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

Maybe that's because it was pointed to a dullard who doesn't understand cause-and-effect, YA THINK? So no, it's got nothing to do with any crime, it has to do with the bogus point THAT I QUOTED WHICH IS WHY THE FUCK I QUOTED IT and which is still --- amazingly enough --- STILL SITTING THERE IN THE QUOTE NEST FOR ALL TO SEE.. :banghead:

Reading is truly a lost art. SMH

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.

Oh do we now. And why is that? Because it just happened TODAY?

It’s certainly not a time to be so disgusting as to politicize this.

What kind of sick monster would do that?
A denture maker. I finally got another article to pull up.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

WTF? That is horrifying. Was is close to you?
Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Just awful. I am so sad for those affected. Such a disgusting act.
The last killing with a gun around here that I remember was about twenty years ago--a private domestic violence incident. So yeah, it was awful. It's NOT how we roll.

Canada doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms.
But they can keep and arm bears.

There are millions of rifles in Canada. There's a lot of hunting.

But there are very few handguns. Machine guns are virtually non-existent.
Makes no difference.. A gun is a gun. It can't do anything unless a person with some kind of twisted mind takes a weapon and uses it to murder people. The thing is, is that a person isn't stupid, insane maybe, but not so stupid most times that he can't take a weapon of any choice, and commit murder with it.

The only thing that a society can do is to promote Godlyness and proper upbringing of our children before they are broken. If we do this, then guns can lay around anywhere, and they are no threat to anyone. For the most part back in the day, we had this going on, but an evil generation has come upon us, and it is one in which was groomed over time to be a generation that harbors these types of individuals within the groups. It's not hard to see them coming, but if we are lied to, and therefore convinced by those who would have us put our gaurds down, and give up our rights then we will pay dearly for it.

I almost asked bluzman what in hell is so funny, but then I remembered I don't want to see his drivel anyway.

He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

Maybe that's because it was pointed to a dullard who doesn't understand cause-and-effect, YA THINK? So no, it's got nothing to do with any crime, it has to do with the bogus point THAT I QUOTED WHICH IS WHY THE FUCK I QUOTED IT and which is still --- amazingly enough --- STILL SITTING THERE IN THE QUOTE NEST FOR ALL TO SEE.. :banghead:

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.

Such a simpleton you are... So what if it happened today, the pattern rings true when we see this sort of thing happening, and the lead up usually goes with the copycat syndrome played out by those individuals who are either groomed or were a ticking time bomb because the pressure had gotten to them.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Will you please post if there is any way to help those affected? I’m sure the people who post here would like to be able to contribute however we can.
Colonel, I'm sure their friends and family took care of them; tight knit community. But that's kind.

Oops. There goes Canada's Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

Multiple victims in Canada shooting by suspect who was dressed as police officer, officials say

Following a manhunt, Canadian police have arrested a suspect in a Nova Scotia shooting after multiple victims were found.

Gabriel Wortman, 51, was taken into custody on Sunday after a pursuit throughout the Canadian province, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said.

Wortman was believed to be wearing a police uniform and driving a police vehicle, but is not employed by the RCMP, according to the police.

Multiple victims in Canada shooting by suspect who was dressed as police officer, officials say

Heeerrre's Shooty...

nova-2-ht-er-200419_hpMain_v4x3_16x9_992.jpg
They should have given him toilet paper
Denying someone toilet paper in America right now would be a dangerous thing.

Such a simpleton you are... So what if it happened today, the pattern rings true when we see this sort of thing happening, and the lead up usually goes with the copycat syndrome played out by those individuals who are either groomed or were a ticking time bomb because the pressure had gotten to them.

SO, you yammered some inchoatity about "punishment not meeting the crime". What, you think things happen way faster in Canada just because they use metric time?

And if you wanna whine about not "liking" my post that took you to task for being illiterate, then take the time to frickin' READ IT in the first place and maybe you won't end up all butthurt about it, snowflake.

Maybe Dragonlady should worry about her own country for a while.

Canada shooting rampage kills at least 10 including policewoman; gunman dead, investigators say

A shooting rampage Sunday in Nova Scotia, Canada, killed at least 10 people including a policewoman, investigators said, adding that the shooter also died.

The lone gunman, 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman, "moved across the northern part of the province and committed what appears to be several homicides," Royal Canadian Mounted Police [RCMP] Chief Superintendent Chris Leather said. A possible motive was unclear. At one point, he apparently disguised himself as a police officer, investigators added.

At least one officer died and another suffered injuries, according to Brian Sauvé, the president of the National Police Federation union.

Investigators said earlier that they took Wortman into custody before later adding that he died. They did not give specifics.

Police said the incident began late Saturday in the tiny town of Portapique, initially reporting "multiple victims" and describing the suspect as possibly disguised as a mountie.

Wortman's name was released about nine hours after an initial tweet around midnight asking people to avoid the Portapique area and stay indoors as officers responded to a firearms complaint.

Gotta love the way Fox Noise lets its audience know it's "Nova Scotia, Canada", so they know we're not talking about "Nova Scotia, Paraguay". They know their audience.

SO, you yammered some inchoatity about "punishment not meeting the crime". What, you think things happen way faster in Canada just because they use metric time?

And if you wanna whine about not "liking" my post that took you to task for being illiterate, then take the time to frickin' READ IT in the first place and maybe you won't end up all butthurt about it, snowflake.
I don't usually read drivel, but unfortunately I messed up and tried to read yours.

I don't read drivel.

And that's why you're in the position you're in now.

I don't usually read drivel, but unfortunately I messed up and tried to read yours.
He-he, unfortunately Pogo posts a LOT of drivel......

But a denture maker?

Will you please post if there is any way to help those affected? I’m sure the people who post here would like to be able to contribute however we can.
Colonel, I'm sure their friends and family took care of them; tight knit community. But that's kind.

Surely, but if you see anything, please post it. This is awful.

Thanks.

Oops. There goes Canada's Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

Canada doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms.
Oh really, then how did this guy have a weapon to do his dastardly deeds with ??? Just goes to show that Criminals will get guns no matter what rules are adopted or what rules are applied.

Just like this virus, they have to take each case as it arises just like it always did.

The leftist or Democrat way of thinking is to punish everyone for the dastardly deeds of one. It is absolutely un-American to think like that. We as American's won't play into the bullcrap anymore. Go Trump, as we know you aren't perfect, but you are doing the best you can in the situation's. We appreciate it too.

First, the rate of long gun ownership in Canada is about as high as it is in the US. Canada makes it very difficult to own handguns. It's virtually impossible to own a machine gun. Most illegal weapons in Canada are imported from the US.

Second, the rate of mass murder by guns in the US is something like 8x that it is in Canada.
The point is and you already made it, they don’t have the right to keep and bear arms.
And your point is what ??
Just reiterating the point. Nothing more.

But a denture maker?

Surely, but if you see anything, please post it. This is awful.

Thanks.

>> Nova Scotia RCMP responded to numerous 911 calls about a gun-related incident late Saturday night in the small community of Portapique, 33 kilometres west of Truro, N.S.​
Police said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon that they found "several" casualties inside and outside a residence, but no suspect.​
Police secured the area and began a search that led to multiple sites in the area, including structures on fire. They eventually pursued the suspect across several Nova Scotia communities. The province's police watchdog, the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT), named the village of Shubenacadie as the site of a "serious criminal event."​
Crimes were scattered over at least 50 kilometres, police said. The suspect used his gun during the rampage, but may have used "other methods" as well, said RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather.​
Leather said that "in excess of 10 people" were killed and at least two people were injured. RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki later raised the death toll to at least 13, not including the gunman.​
The only named victim so far is RCMP veteran Const. Heidi Stevenson, who police say was killed Sunday morning responding to the incident. The married mother of two had been with the force for 23 years.​
const-heidi-stevenson.jpg
Police said a male RCMP officer was among the injured, but didn't release his name. His injuries are not life-threatening, Leather said.​
He said the civilian deaths appeared to be at least partly random.​
... The chase for Wortman eventually made its way to one of Nova Scotia's busiest highways. It ended near a gas station in Enfield, about 35 kilometres from Halifax, where police officers shot Wortman. SIRT said in a news release Sunday night that he died at the scene.​
There were half a dozen police vehicles at the gas station. Yellow police tape surrounded the gas pumps, and a large silver-coloured SUV was being investigated.​
What we don't know
An exact death toll: Because there were so many crime scenes, Leather said he didn't know what the final death toll will be. It's also unclear how many people were injured, except that it was at least two. << --- CBC

Gotta love the way Fox Noise lets its audience know it's "Nova Scotia, Canada", so they know we're not talking about "Nova Scotia, Paraguay". They know their audience.
Tell Hollywood too. Yes Hollywood...I was pretty sure that was Paris France...the French accents gave it away... besides if it was Paris Texas there'd be more Stetsons.

Forum List

Back