Math is Racist.

It is simply bullshit to say that blacks can’t handle math because they lack the intelligence.

When John Glenn was waiting to be fired into orbit aboard Friendship 7 in 1962, there was one person he trusted with the complex trajectory calculations required to bring him down safely from his orbital spaceflight: Katherine Johnson, an African-American mathematician who worked in Nasa’s segregated west area computers division.

“Get the girl, check the numbers,” Glenn said before boarding the rocket. “If she says they’re good, I’m good to go.”

Johnson was one of three female African-American mathematicians known as the “computers in skirts” who worked on the Redstone, Mercury and Apollo space programmes for Nasa. Now, thanks to an award-tipped movie, Johnson, Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaughan are about to become more widely celebrated.
It's not a matter of intelligence....but as with whites....jocks focus on athletics and nerds focus on academics.

Instructing without using Ebonics.

Transcends linguistic dialects.

istockphoto-1219382595-170667a.jpg

It's not a matter of intelligence....but as with whites....jocks focus on athletics and nerds focus on academics.

The Mercury astronauts were not only in peak physical condition, they were very focused on academics. All of the original seven held at least one Bachelor degree in engineering, Scott Carpenter and John Glenn both received their degrees after entering the program.

The Mercury astronauts were not only in peak physical condition, they were very focused on academics. All of the original seven held at least one Bachelor degree in engineering, Scott Carpenter and John Glenn both received their degrees after entering the program.
In order to be an officer in any branch in the military these days you have to have at least a Bachelor degree.

But Glenn was more a jock than a scholar.

In order to be an officer in any branch in the military these days you have to have at least a Bachelor degree.

But Glenn was more a jock than a scholar.

John Glenn was equally a jock and an academic.

John Glenn was was enrolled in a Science degree program as well as participating in football. At the outbreak of World War II, Glenn left university in his senior year to enlist in the US Navy (as an air cadet).

Since leaving college he had completed more than enough classes to be awarded a Bachelor of Science and was awarded his engineering degree after entering the Space Program.

All of the Mercury Astronauts and many of those who followed them embodied the Greek Ideal of "Mind and Body".

John Glenn was equally a jock and an academic.

John Glenn was was enrolled in a Science degree program as well as participating in football. At the outbreak of World War II, Glenn left university in his senior year to enlist in the US Navy (as an air cadet).

Since leaving college he had completed more than enough classes to be awarded a Bachelor of Science and was awarded his engineering degree after entering the Space Program.

All of the Mercury Astronauts and many of those who followed them embodied the Greek Ideal of "Mind and Body".
One of the reasons he was a Marine is because he wasn't considered a particularly gifted scholar.
He had to work harder for everything he got....whereas most Naval Aviators and West Point grads were handed everything on a silver platter. My Team Leader was a West Point graduate. He was smart....but lazy as fuck because of alcoholism.

One of the reasons he was a Marine is because he wasn't considered a particularly gifted scholar.

Glenn was accepted into the Naval Aviator Program in 1942. He requested transfer to the Marines. No one got into Marine Aviation without first being accepted as Naval Aviators.

Glenn was accepted into the Naval Aviator Program in 1942. He requested transfer to the Marines. No one got into Marine Aviation without first being accepted as Naval Aviators.
But then again...I used to be in the Navy.....and the Navy dumps their rubbish down to the Marines apparently.
He was offered to go into the Marines. It's not certain that it was he first choice because the best fliers were in the Navy and Air force.

One thing I noticed after watching hundreds of hours of carrier flight ops when I was on the Kitty Hawk was that Marines tended to be a little off the mark when it came to tailhook landings. Sometimes they would even clip the fantail.
But you go ahead and believe what you want.
I'm done arguing.

They were the best of the best with the second group and maybe the third group.

I think to some extent blacks actually believe they are not as smart. Plus some feel doing great in school means you appear to be trying to be white.

Also if you believe you are inferior you may not try as hard. Same if you believe that there is no reason to try hard to succeed as white supremacy will hold you back no matter how hard you try. Often if you believe such fallacies you may play the victim card.

The biggest advantage a white man has in life is he has no excuses if he fails. He can’t play a victim card. He realizes when he fails he has to get up and try again. He can’t blame his failure on anybody else.

I remember working with a black man back in the 1960s who attended a segregated school system in Florida. He said that people at his school tried to be as good as if not better than those who attended white schools. It was a form of competition. He struck me as well educated. He knew far more about history than the high school kids I talk to today.

Now of course I am not saying we should go back to segregated school systems again but blacks need to understand that as you point out that very few people will become professional athletes. The secret to success is not just athletic skills but a good education.

The biggest advantage a white man has in life is he has no excuses if he fails. He can’t play a victim card.

Everyone can play the victim card these days. I have yet to go to court for some time now when a defendant, regardless of race or ethnicity, hasn't introduced their ADHD, their PTSD, the substance abuse disease, or, when all else fails, their disadvantaged childhood.

Far from being stigmatizing, any impediment to full socialization is celebrated and seen as a reason to praise someone as well as to excuse their difficulty in socialization.

Everyone can play the victim card these days. I have yet to go to court for some time now when a defendant, regardless of race or ethnicity, hasn't introduced their ADHD, their PTSD, the substance abuse disease, or, when all else fails, their disadvantaged childhood.

Far from being stigmatizing, any impediment to full socialization is celebrated and seen as a reason to praise someone as well as to excuse their difficulty in socialization.
A white man can TRY to pull out a victim card but it lacks the effect that victim cards get for minority groups.

I think to some extent blacks actually believe they are not as smart. Plus some feel doing great in school means you appear to be trying to be white.

Also if you believe you are inferior you may not try as hard. Same if you believe that there is no reason to try hard to succeed as white supremacy will hold you back no matter how hard you try. Often if you believe such fallacies you may play the victim card.

The biggest advantage a white man has in life is he has no excuses if he fails. He can’t play a victim card. He realizes when he fails he has to get up and try again. He can’t blame his failure on anybody else.

I remember working with a black man back in the 1960s who attended a segregated school system in Florida. He said that people at his school tried to be as good as if not better than those who attended white schools. It was a form of competition. He struck me as well educated. He knew far more about history than the high school kids I talk to today.

Now of course I am not saying we should go back to segregated school systems again but blacks need to understand that as you point out that very few people will become professional athletes. The secret to success is not just athletic skills but a good education.
Democrats historically have subjugated blacks. Before the Civil War they made sure they didn't get an education. Now they tell them that an education is white supremacy. Elitist blacks help in this false stereotype.

Is it only white people or White, Asians and Hispanics can understand it but Blacks are not understanding it, so it must be racism and not just someone being lazy?
We understand math perfectly. When we commit 1 crime it is equal to 5 cimes. But our 1 dollar is still 1 dollar.

The left is pretty much saying that blacks have lower intelligence and can't do math. So it is racist as it puts them in a disadvantage.
So math must be dumbed down so blacks can get jobs as bridge and dam engineers same as whites who can actually do the figuring ----

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Well IM2 cant do math at all. Not sure on the other black racist since they defend IM2's stupidity but don't say it themselves.
My math is fine. You stay stuck on stupid not understanding that percentages represent actual numbers so repeating that blacks are 13 percent of the population but commit 50 percent of 1 cherrypicked crime doesn't prove a motherfucking thing. But when you add up total crimes committed by one group since the nation started, that is the more accgurate indicator of a groups propensity for violece and crime.

So math must be dumbed down so blacks can get jobs as bridge and dam engineers same as whites who can actually do the figuring ----

What could possibly go wrong with that?
America was dumbed down from the start to allow whites to get what you have now.

Forum List

Back