🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Matrix Resurections getting crucified in reviews

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Metacritic has a user score of 40 or 50 something.

Major disappointment man.
Still gonna watch at home later today to form my own opinion but the concensus seems pretty clear.

I saw the first one...not a bad flick.

I think the thing that drew people to it are the parallels to reality.

I think this is a new one --- the third one, Revolutions, was so dire I don't think I'll watch it again as a lead-up to this new one.

Metacritic has a user score of 40 or 50 something.

Major disappointment man.
Still gonna watch at home later today to form my own opinion but the concensus seems pretty clear.

The trailer makes it look like it is just a remake of the original but with an older, more tired Keanu.....

The original "Matrix" is soooo good.

The others are bad. Not unwatchable but they just pale in comparison to the original.

Yep....the first Matrix is the best, just like the first John Wick...everything that came after those two movies pretty much stinks...more doesn't equal better....

Makes sense.

Low scores by the critics often translate to it being a good movie.
The scores by the public are even lower than the critics lol

Everyone hates the 2 substituted actors for Morpheous & Agent Smith. They say the action scenes are a choppy horribly edited mess. They say the movie has some good ideas but fails to implement them.

Just a big fail it sounds like

The scores by the public are even lower than the critics lol

Everyone hates the 2 substituted actors for Morpheous & Agent Smith. They say the action scenes are a choppy horribly edited mess. They say the movie has some good ideas but fails to implement them.

Just a big fail it sounds like

Poor Grampy -

One of the things that makes a sequel good is a "need" for a sequel. The Empire Strikes Back rates higher on RT than Episode IV. Its logical and it expands on the story. While the Matrix sequels do expand on the story, they dilute the original effort so much that it didn't add; it subtracted. This effort I watched last night was not necessary and did not expand on the story.

A review of a TV show once said "The story is over but the show must go on."

As for the movie itself...It was fine...good special effects and incredible action scenes. It was just "there" though.

Yep....the first Matrix is the best, just like the first John Wick...everything that came after those two movies pretty much stinks...more doesn't equal better....
But it equals $$$$$$$$$

Forum List

Back