Matt Gaetz Under Federal Investigation Over Possible Sexual Relationship With A Teenage Girl

Yahoo news citing a New York Times story whos source is people who were briefed on it said.
Unfortunately that's usually how it works with scoops...inside sources.....who are anonymous....Watergate scandal with Deep Throat as example....

This is an investigation, not an allegation or a charge...he is a subject in the investigation and not just a witness, which could mean an indictment is possible....but it hasn't happened yet, and this investigation began under AG Barr.... So maybe it's going no where?
A scoop would be when an on the record source gives actaul information that can be verified this is just someone heard someone told somebody something. Its sad this is what counts as journalism today.

I read yesterday that Gaetz was retiring from politics to take up a position with Fox.
Would this incident affect his standing with the network ?

Good question. There’s OAN if that doesn’t work out. Sinclair has no standards at all.

Maybe not in so many words, but running with allegations without any substantive evidence is about the same thing.
I cant' contrive an equivalency between a mob screeching that a political opponents should be incarcerated without any charge, indictment, prosecution, or sentencing and snarky remarks about one one under investigation for a specific crime by the Justice Department, but the presumption of innocence within the judicial context does exist in both cases.

Certainly, Liz Cheney's supporters are enjoying the sordid spectacle of Gaetz being under investigation for sex trafficking. Gaetz's vicious attacks on the Montana Republican, and his whining about the House Leadership after 145 members of the House Republican Conference backed Cheney (with just 61 Trump bum kissers voting to remove her from her leadership role) have been divisive for the GOP. Do some of them joke at his expense? Indeed! And it rings more sincere than would their expressing condolences.

Fake News Alert!
Stand by....first are the denials....then will come the excuses...then will come the "so what" shrugs...then will come the approval and applause.
How bout we wait for some proof? Or are we back to believe all women again?
Might as well, you believe all women that made allegation against Cuomo but not the ones who accused Tramp and Kavanaugh.
I do?

Seems to me I've posted about him MURDERING SENIORS but I don't remember jumping on the rape train.

You just can't fathom someone whose not as dishonest as you huh!

1617157202700.png

check it out...you can look it up
Wow!

The good news is that 418 members of Congress are against human trafficking.

... As he said on Tucker tonight, travel records are easily verified.
The Fox entertainer commented:

Tucker Carlson says his interview with Rep. Matt Gaetz
about the DOJ's investigation into the lawmaker was
'one of the weirdest interviews I've ever conducted'

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.28.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.25.59 AM.png

"I can say that actually, you and I went to dinner about two years ago, your wife was there, and I brought a friend of mine, you'll remember her, and she was actually threatened by the FBI, told that if she wouldn't cop to the fact that somehow, I was involved in some pay-for-play scheme, that she could face trouble," Gaetz said.
Carlson replied: "I don't remember the woman you're speaking of or the context at all, honestly."

Yahoo news citing a New York Times story whos source is people who were briefed on it said.
Gaetz's attorney confirmed it....Barney.
Gaetz has yet to be charged with a crime. Gaetz told the Times that while his lawyers have been in contact with the Justice Department, he had been told he is not the target of an investigation. Keep trying dopey.
Right...that is why he is considering resigning...right.

Unfortunately that's usually how it works with scoops...inside sources.....who are anonymous....Watergate scandal with Deep Throat as example....

This is an investigation, not an allegation or a charge...he is a subject in the investigation and not just a witness, which could mean an indictment is possible....but it hasn't happened yet, and this investigation began under AG Barr.... So maybe it's going no where?
A scoop would be when an on the record source gives actaul information that can be verified this is just someone heard someone told somebody something. Its sad this is what counts as journalism today.
Agree. A scoop is more than this kind of stuff!

But Gaetz and his response, has made this a tad more interesting than the initial story....and if Gaetz hadn't been such an attention grabber whore the past few years, saying crazy ass shitola to put himself in to the spotlight, no one would care.... other than in a National Enquirer kind of way.....

I'm still in shock that 18 is the age of consent in Florida... Here in Maine its 16.

Not subscribed so can't read link.
If he is guilty - he is a dirt bag, and should be removed.

Unlike liberals, we will do something about "our own".

Agree. A scoop is more than this kind of stuff!

But Gaetz and his response, has made this a tad more interesting than the initial story....and if Gaetz hadn't been such an attention grabber whore the past few years, saying crazy ass shitola to put himself in to the spotlight, no one would care.... other than in a National Enquirer kind of way.....

I'm still in shock that 18 is the age of consent in Florida... Here in Maine its 16.
Gaetz's crony, Greenberg, sounds plea-bargain desperate:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.44.00 AM.png

There is no 17 year old. It was made up.

As he said on Tucker tonight, travel records are easily verified. We don't yet know the outcome of this but my money says there's no there there and that it's yet another anonymous sources bull crap from the left and the MSM.

Yep, bs from the left that the investigation was started under the Trump administration by William Barr. Yep, keep believing that.

Forum List

Back