McCain on Putin

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
John McCain Writes Pravda Op-Ed

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin for siding with "tyrannies," perpetuating bigotry, censoring the media and endorsing the Syrian regime in an opinion piece published on Russian news site Pravda.

In the op-ed, titled "Russians deserve better than Putin," McCain claimed he's "more pro-Russian" than the country's own leaders.

"I make that claim because I respect your dignity and your right to self-determination," he wrote. "I believe you should live according to the dictates of your conscience, not your government. I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few."

I'll be damned.

Could it be that McCain actually understands that, diplomatically, the president could not say what McCain just did?

Good for him and rw's, you're just going to have to suck it up cuz not all Rs hate their own country the way you do.

"I believe you should live according to the dictates of your conscience, not your government.

Is McCain aware that people can no longer do that in the US?

There's a baker in Oregon and a photographer in New Mexico that could explain just how that works.

While I'm at it.....

Via Politico:

Sen. John McCain got his wish when his op-ed against Russian President Vladimir Putin was published in Russia news outlet Pravda. The only problem — it may have been the wrong Pravda.

The Arizona Republican published his anti-Putin piece on Pravda.ru on Thursday, an English and Russian news website that was founded in 1999.

But McCain said he was hoping to publish in the Communist newspaper Pravda, meaning “truth” in Russian, which was founded in 1912. That publication, after being banned when the Soviet Union collapsed, was rekindled and is still circulated by today’s Russian Communist Party.

Pravda.ru and the paper are unrelated media outlets, except for the name.

Edge:

McRINO needs to just go away while he's still got some semblance of honor left

We're siding with tyrannies too. You missed that though.

We're siding with terrorists! obama should be called to answer for that. Why are we supporting people who disembowel others and eat their organs? Why are we giving arms to those who drag parents out of their homes to watch their children be shot in the head? What's the reasoning behind helping terrorists behead Christians and burn their churches?

No wonder Putin and Assad sound reasonable, they are!

We're siding with tyrannies too. You missed that though.

We're siding with terrorists! obama should be called to answer for that. Why are we supporting people who disembowel others and eat their organs? Why are we giving arms to those who drag parents out of their homes to watch their children be shot in the head? What's the reasoning behind helping terrorists behead Christians and burn their churches?

No wonder Putin and Assad sound reasonable, they are!

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

Now if we can only get McCain to be that passionate towards the US.

Take a look in a mirror John, take a look in a mirror.

John McCain Writes Pravda Op-Ed

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin for siding with "tyrannies," perpetuating bigotry, censoring the media and endorsing the Syrian regime in an opinion piece published on Russian news site Pravda.

In the op-ed, titled "Russians deserve better than Putin," McCain claimed he's "more pro-Russian" than the country's own leaders.

"I make that claim because I respect your dignity and your right to self-determination," he wrote. "I believe you should live according to the dictates of your conscience, not your government. I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few."

I'll be damned.

Could it be that McCain actually understands that, diplomatically, the president could not say what McCain just did?

Good for him and rw's, you're just going to have to suck it up cuz not all Rs hate their own country the way you do.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! McAmnesty has absolutely no leg to stand on....

I just wish McCain would fade gently into this good night and salvage whatever honor he might have left.

Mr. Inside the Beltway wannabe CIC has had his head Obama's ass for so long now. He should be made to forfeit the R beside his name and cross the floor.

Gee. Luddly is quoting McCain??

Thought he thought McCain was an old SOB?

Now all of a sudden what McCain says has meaning and should be taken as gospel?? Who knew??

Forum List

Back