McCain: Shouting 'Allahu Akhbar!' Same as Christians Shouting 'Thank God!'

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
There are maniacs in Washington running the country. Truly insane men. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

And for anyone who doesn't like my Brietbart source, go to Fox then and see for yourself or fox off.

On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said.

McCain responded: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’”

He added, “That’s what they’re saying. Come on!

Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.”

Aye carumba! Oh of course McCain, every Baptist, Mormon, Anglican or Catholic screams "Praise the Lord and Thank God" as we are blowing up buildings or cutting someone's head off.

Yeah, yeah that's the ticket John.

Last edited:
They are praising god........not really that much of a stretch...untwist your rotten panties...

They are praising god........not really that much of a stretch...untwist your rotten panties...

Oh I get it. Your enema didn't take this morning did it?

Read the whole quote. Ah let me help you oh constipated one. They are discussing blowing up buildings and then shouting allahu akhbar.

If you can't see that, you are a FUBAR'D as McCain.

"On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said.

McCain responded: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’”

I finally got to actually watch the video..

McCain needs to be retired soon.

His ability to reason is going if not already gone.

Only faux news. Imagine a GI saying thank God when a 105 takes out a position shooting at him. The horror.

McCain may be goobered into thinking the rebels are "moderates" however.

There are maniacs in Washington running the country. Truly insane men. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

And for anyone who doesn't like my Brietbart source, go to Fox then and see for yourself or fox off.

On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.”

Aye carumba! Oh of course McCain, every Baptist, Mormon, Anglican or Catholic screams "Praise the Lord and Thank God" as we are blowing up buildings or cutting someone's head off.

He's right though. It is a pretty common saying sort of like many of us (even those who are non-religious) may use the exclamatory phrase "oh my god" "Thank god" "Jesus Christ" or "holy cow".

It's part of the common vernacular of society. It is also worth noting that it doesn't always express "joy" either.

Only faux news. Imagine a GI saying thank God when a 105 takes out a position shooting at him. The horror.

McCain may be goobered into thinking the rebels are "moderates" however.

Seeing that the Progressives and Neo-cons have allied with Al Qaeda in Syria, I wouldn't' expect any different a response.

This is the new America, 2013; where Al Qaeda = Good and Founding Fathers = Extremist

The more John McCain opens his mouth the more I'd like to slap the shit out of him. This man is truly a clueless idiot. He may have served his country and was a prisoner of war but it doesn't excuse what a complete idiot he is.

I often wonder how one man can be so stupid and be in the position he's in, but then I realize he's a politician and that explains everything.

Seeing that the Progressives and Neo-cons have allied with Al Qaeda in Syria, I wouldn't' expect any different a response.

This seems like a fairly dishonest statement. We aren't helping Al Qaeda, nor are we planning on doing so in Syria. Nor does intervention necessarily help Al Qaeda. In fact, it could do the exact opposite by supporting the FSA which is in contention with Al Nusra and the ISI(S).

If you are against bombing or intervening in Syria that is perfectly fine, but there is no need to be intellectually dishonest about other stances outside of yours. If your rationale is credible enough you shouldn't have to resort to such tactics.

Actually "death to the Infidels, let God sort it out" would be a closer transliteration.

The more John McCain opens his mouth the more I'd like to slap the shit out of him. This man is truly a clueless idiot. He may have served his country and was a prisoner of war but it doesn't excuse what a complete idiot he is.

I often wonder how one man can be so stupid and be in the position he's in, but then I realize he's a politician and that explains everything.

He and his butt buddy Lindsay have gone completely ape shit moron in the last few years. I guarantee you neither will have a job after 2014. In that past few days they've been bent over kissing obama's ass more than the leftist radicals in his own party. They're a pair of worthless buffoons, and need to go bye, bye.

This seems like a fairly dishonest statement. We aren't helping Al Qaeda, nor are we planning on doing so in Syria. Nor does intervention necessarily help Al Qaeda. In fact, it could do the exact opposite by supporting the FSA which is in contention with Al Nusra and the ISI(S).

If you are against bombing or intervening in Syria that is perfectly fine, but there is no need to be intellectually dishonest about other stances outside of yours. If your rationale is credible enough you shouldn't have to resort to such tactics.

There's nothing dishonest about it. We are absolutely enabling militant Islamists to overthrow Assad.

Last edited:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile, and McCain is correct. There's nothing deeply religious in this phrase when used in that context. In many areas of the Middle East phrases used by people reflect Islam as a culture, not specific devotion to religion.

"Allahu Akbar" is as generic as and exasperated person yelling "Jesus Christ!"

There's nothing dishonest about it. We are absolutely enabling militant Islamists overthrow Assad.

The FSA has some Islamist factions, but are largely secular in their overarching political ideology.

Al Nusra and the ISI(S), the two Al Qaeda linked groups also aren't part of the "rebel"s that we would be supporting.

Painting intervention in Syria as supporting Al Qaeda is dishonest, and completely ignores very real divides among Syrian opposition groups.

This isn't a two faction conflict.

Forum List

Back