McCain: Shouting 'Allahu Akhbar!' Same as Christians Shouting 'Thank God!'

Of course there is, it is a part of regional common vernacular as I have already stated and given analogies to within our own society.

False, as I've shown. Takbir has a specific meaning and is formal in a combat setting. IF a Muslim were to so invoke during combat, and in a casual sense, that would be blasphemy.

I can only conclude that you intend to deceive.

I can only conclude that you've never been around arabs in a combat setting.

I have, and it's not always as literal as you are saying.

When an ammo dump was blown up across the street from me in Dahok, Iraq I shouted, "Jesus Christ! That's fucking awesome!"

Do you really think I was praying?

That's the point - there is no equivalence between such an outburst and Takbir - none at all.

Those who claim there is, are either ignorant, or are lying.

In a Wahhabi society, a shout of Allahu Akbar in the above situation would see you stoned for blasphemy.

Syria isn't Wahabi, and the phrase is often used casually. I studied Arabic at the Defense Language Institute and studied Islam under three separate Imams. I've been sent to Arabic speaking countries seven different times. I've deployed with Muslim military and have instructed other Muslim Arabs in weapons and tactics.

How about you?

There are maniacs in Washington running the country. Truly insane men. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

And for anyone who doesn't like my Brietbart source, go to Fox then and see for yourself or fox off.

On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said.

McCain responded: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’”

He added, “That’s what they’re saying. Come on!

Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.”

Aye carumba! Oh of course McCain, every Baptist, Mormon, Anglican or Catholic screams "Praise the Lord and Thank God" as we are blowing up buildings or cutting someone's head off.

Yeah, yeah that's the ticket John.

Praying while committing an act of violence has never happened in the history of religion and violence :doubt:

Or....Try this....Christian prayers are good because they are Christian prayers which are good because...

What was that that all the Crusaders wore on their shields and talbards?

Of course....

{Rebels fighting the Syrian regime have shot dead a 15-year-old boy in front of his parents and siblings after accusing him of blasphemy, an activist group said.}

Syrian rebels 'execute teenager' in Aleppo - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ? Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

I'm still waiting for you to support your statement that uttering Allahu Akbar in Saudi Arabia for something like that will get you stoned. Do you even have one case study?

Sure you are....

{
Businessman, wife accused of blasphemy
By Asad Kharal
Published: December 11, 2011
Tweet
Share this article Print this page Email

A businessman and his wife were remanded in judicial custody on Saturday following an FIR accusing them of blasphemy.

Complainant Hafiz Ghulam Hasan, the prayer leader at Jasmia Masjid Chiragh Din, Hundal village, has accused Amjad alias Haji Toka and his wife Samreena in a complaint filed at the Saddar police station of blaspheming about the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).

Hasan stated in the complaint that the couple allegedly visited the mosque at 6:30am and uttered disrespectful remarks for the Holy Prophet (pbuh). He said the two also cussed at him and broke the lock on his hujra when he stopped them from disrespecting the Prophet (pbuh).

Saddar police station house officer, Inspector Hameedullah, told The Express Tribune the suspects were sent to a prison on a judicial remand to avoid an untoward incident that could have occurred had they been held at the police station.

He said an investigation into the incident had revealed that the complainant and several other villagers had obtained loans from the suspects and defaulted on repayment. He said Hafiz Hasan had recently leased a motorcycle from Amjad’s business.

He said Amjad was earlier accused by the same prayer leader of reciting takbeer for prayers two minutes earlier than the appointed time.}

Businessman, wife accused of blasphemy ? The Express Tribune

Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ? Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

Herbert and Catherine Schaible: Second child dies after parents refuse medical treatment

Does this mean all Christians refuse medical treatment?

Syria isn't Wahabi,

Syria has a large Wahhabi contingent.

and the phrase is often used casually.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said that when used in combat and many other situations, it has a formal context.

I studied Arabic at the Defense Language Institute and studied Islam under three separate Imams. I've been sent to Arabic speaking countries seven different times. I've deployed with Muslim military and have instructed other Muslim Arabs in weapons and tactics.

How about you?

I'm an infidel.

Why, you got an Al Jazeera camera and a rusty knife?

There are maniacs in Washington running the country. Truly insane men. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

And for anyone who doesn't like my Brietbart source, go to Fox then and see for yourself or fox off.

On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that Fox News host Brian Kilmeade was Islamaphobic because he said that Syrian opposition groups shouting “Allahu Akhbar! Allahu Akhbar!” as rockets hit government offices demonstrated Islamist influence among the opposition.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said.

McCain responded: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’”

Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.”

Aye carumba! Oh of course McCain, every Baptist, Mormon, Anglican or Catholic screams "Praise the Lord and Thank God" as we are blowing up buildings or cutting someone's head off.

Excellent point and I totally agree. I am thanking God that there are still sane people in this world!

I've never heard anyone shout "Thank God". It's usually said quietly in a grateful manner.

So, when radical Muslims are murdering infidels in cold blood, they just feel the need to loudly thank Allah for the opportunity? I know some of the idiots would like us to believe that radical Muslim terrorists, like the Fort Hood shooter, aren't murdering in the name of Allah, but all their spinning isn't going to change the facts.

The political spin in the name of political correctness is out of control. People are called racists for disagreeing with any liberal, yet terrorists who murder while shouting Allah's name are reduced to disgruntled employees committing workplace violence. And the sheep accept this deranged logic.

Last edited:
Syria isn't Wahabi,

Syria has a large Wahhabi contingent.

No, not really.

How large? More than 1%? Do tell.

and the phrase is often used casually.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said that when used in combat and many other situations, it has a formal context.

It has a formal context in prayer and when one is giving one's life in Jihad. It does not have a formal context while cat-calling an explosion. That's the difference.

I studied Arabic at the Defense Language Institute and studied Islam under three separate Imams. I've been sent to Arabic speaking countries seven different times. I've deployed with Muslim military and have instructed other Muslim Arabs in weapons and tactics.

How about you?

I'm an infidel.

Me too. Why do you think I did what I did?

Why, you got an Al Jazeera camera and a rusty knife?

????

I was trying to see where you get your education and what qualifies you to speak with such authority. I'm not the highest expert of Islam and Arab relations, but I'm certainly educated and experienced.

A Muslim yelling "McCain is an ahole" is the same as a Christian yelling "McCain is an ahole."

Praying while committing an act of violence has never happened in the history of religion and violence :doubt:

Or....Try this....Christian prayers are good because they are Christian prayers which are good because...

What was that that all the Crusaders wore on their shields and talbards?

The McDonalds arches?...no wait....

The Nike Swoosh?

Forum List

Back