🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McConnell's Toxic, Partisan Game Has Wasted 10 Days Of Critical Corona Virus Response Time

Every single conservative in this thread has demonstrated they have no actual idea what is going on.

You have just demonstrated that you think "what is going on" means "what I want to tell you to believe". And we actually do know that; we just reject it like every other piece of shit you spew.

The DailyKos is hyperbolic and exaggerated but has some important factual points.

All you guys are doing is focusing on Pelosi and the House proposal which is a complete distraction since it is not being considered as a real alternative. But none of you seems to acknowledge that.

The bill that is going to be passed is currently being negotiated in the Senate. That’s what matters.

Yeah, I'm going to suddenly decide to ignore the evidence of my own eyes in favor of the recommendation of the likes of you.

What matters, and what we're focusing on despite your desperate attempts to deflect, is that the Senate was ALREADY negotiating, and Pelosi and Company decided to interfere and delay it in order to try to get unrelated agenda items.

According to who?

Um, the entire fucking media that's been reporting on Senate negotiations for weeks, dumbass. What rock were YOU under? No one's been hiding these negotiations from you.
Great. Then you should have no problem showing me where Pelosi interfered in negotiations to get unrelated agenda items.

March 16, the House passes HR 6102 unanimously.

March 18, the Senate passes it 90-8. McConnell makes this statement: “This is a time for urgent bipartisan action, and in this case, I do not believe we should let perfection be the enemy of something that will help even a subset of workers."

March 19, McConnell introduces S. 3548, and Democrats and Republicans enter negotiations.

March 21, Chuck Schumer makes this statement: "We're having good bipartisan agreements. The initial bill Leader McConnell put in didn't have any Democratic input and we were worried they would just try to put it on the floor and not consult Speaker Pelosi because the House still has to pass this. But actually to my delight and surprise there has been a great deal of bipartisan cooperation thus far. "

March 22, Pelosi swans back from her vacation and "pauses" the negotiations, saying the House will continue writing its own bill.

And she presents a 1400 page wishlist of things that have nothing to do with the coronavirus. Unless you want to pretend that never happened and you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now,
Every single conservative in this thread has demonstrated they have no actual idea what is going on.

You have just demonstrated that you think "what is going on" means "what I want to tell you to believe". And we actually do know that; we just reject it like every other piece of shit you spew.

The DailyKos is hyperbolic and exaggerated but has some important factual points.

All you guys are doing is focusing on Pelosi and the House proposal which is a complete distraction since it is not being considered as a real alternative. But none of you seems to acknowledge that.

The bill that is going to be passed is currently being negotiated in the Senate. That’s what matters.

Yeah, I'm going to suddenly decide to ignore the evidence of my own eyes in favor of the recommendation of the likes of you.

What matters, and what we're focusing on despite your desperate attempts to deflect, is that the Senate was ALREADY negotiating, and Pelosi and Company decided to interfere and delay it in order to try to get unrelated agenda items.

According to who?

Um, the entire fucking media that's been reporting on Senate negotiations for weeks, dumbass. What rock were YOU under? No one's been hiding these negotiations from you.
Great. Then you should have no problem showing me where Pelosi interfered in negotiations to get unrelated agenda items.

March 18, the Senate passes it 90-8. McConnell makes this statement: “This is a time for urgent bipartisan action, and in this case, I do not believe we should let perfection be the enemy of something that will help even a subset of workers."

March 19, McConnell introduces S. 3548, and Democrats and Republicans enter negotiations.

March 21, Chuck Schumer makes this statement: "We're having good bipartisan agreements. The initial bill Leader McConnell put in didn't have any Democratic input and we were worried they would just try to put it on the floor and not consult Speaker Pelosi because the House still has to pass this. But actually to my delight and surprise there has been a great deal of bipartisan cooperation thus far. "

March 22, Pelosi swans back from her vacation and "pauses" the negotiations, saying the House will continue writing its own bill.

And she presents a 1400 page wishlist of things that have nothing to do with the coronavirus. Unless you want to pretend that never happened and you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now, you should have no problem showing me where you made any fucking effort at all to know what was going on beyond your talking points and then demanding that I spoonfeed you the news, right?

you should have no problem showing me where you made any fucking effort at all to know what was going on beyond your talking points and then demanding that I spoonfeed you the news, right?

I

According to who?

Now, you should have no problem showing me where you made any fucking effort at all to know what was going on beyond your talking points and then demanding that I spoonfeed you the news, right?

Thank you for posting it. I take issue with the Politico piece saying Pelosi put a “pause” in negotiations.

The article seems to contradict itself because it also says this:
“Despite saying the House would move ahead on its own, Pelosi also continued to engage in bipartisan negotiations on the Senate bill Sunday afternoon, according to a source.

Senior House Democrats have been working on dual tracks for days — simultaneously drafting language for their own bill while also conferring with Senate Democrats on what they’d like to see in the McConnell-Schumer proposal.”

So tell me how there was a pause in negotiations that never actually stopped?

The useful idiots only know what their masters tell them.

With Senate Democrats and the White House about to forge an agreement on a coronavirus package, it's worth revisiting how Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has wasted 10 critical days of Senate time—in the middle of a pandemic—playing a toxic, partisan game.

Let’s start on March 14, when the House passed the first coronavirus stimulus package. The Senate wasn't there to receive the bill, because McConnell had decided he'd rather be in Kentucky, celebrating his achievement of getting an unqualified federal judge onto the bench, alongside unqualified and tainted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

"It was the greatest achievement of my life"

"DailyKos told me this, so I must take it as gospel! Please, spit on me and throw rotten vegetables, because I'm an idiot!"

Anyone who starts threads on this board about what he read on DailyKos - or anyone who even READS DailyKos to start with - deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.
Insightful as always.

I know shit when I see it lying in front of me. Why do you think I view YOU with such contempt?

Because you view anyone with an alternative opinion as contemptible?

Honey, don't kid yourself. It's not disagreeing with me that makes you contemptible.

You really don’t react well to people who challenge you. I suspect there’s some underlying insecurities there.

You really don't react well to people who don't let you bully them into silence. I suspect there's some underlying stupidity there.
You got me all wrong. I want nothing more than to see you explain why you think what you think. I’ll do the same if you want.

But I will also point out where I think you're mistaken. Can you handle that?

Depends. Are you planning on saying something sensible that's grounded in reality, or are you planning to continue spewing nonsense, lies, and talking points? I have an allergy to partisan stupidity; it makes me break out in sarcasm.

According to who?

Thank you for posting it. Really the only thing in contention is the Politico piece claiming that Pelosi put a pause on negotiations. The article itself contradicts that by writing this:

“Despite saying the House would move ahead on its own, Pelosi also continued to engage in bipartisan negotiations on the Senate bill Sunday afternoon, according to a source.

Senior House Democrats have been working on dual tracks for days — simultaneously drafting language for their own bill while also conferring with Senate Democrats on what they’d like to see in the McConnell-Schumer proposal.”

Negotiations never stopped. There was no agreement prior to the 22nd. Negotiations were ongoing throughout the time frame.

It also indicates that the House bill was parallel to the Senate bill, as in, not related.

With Senate Democrats and the White House about to forge an agreement on a coronavirus package, it's worth revisiting how Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has wasted 10 critical days of Senate time—in the middle of a pandemic—playing a toxic, partisan game.

Let’s start on March 14, when the House passed the first coronavirus stimulus package. The Senate wasn't there to receive the bill, because McConnell had decided he'd rather be in Kentucky, celebrating his achievement of getting an unqualified federal judge onto the bench, alongside unqualified and tainted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Wow propaganda works that well. Id love to make an experiment based off of cards against humanity. Except the first card starts with (insert democrat/republican name) says....then the next card would say either a true or false statement. And then see how people answer wether the statement is true or false.

According to who?

Now,

According to who?

you should have no problem showing me where you made any fucking effort at all to know what was going on beyond your talking points and then demanding that I spoonfeed you the news, right?

I

According to who?

Thank you for posting it. I take issue with the Politico piece saying Pelosi put a “pause” in negotiations.

No one said the two sides completely stopped talking to each other. If you hadn't selectively paraphrased, you would have the rest of the paragraph:

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi is hitting pause on bipartisan negotiations on a $1.6 trillion-plus emergency package in the Senate, saying the House will forge ahead with its own bill to address coronavirus after congressional leaders failed to reach a deal earlier Sunday."

Pretty obviously, what she "paused" was negotiations on the proposed bill, because she wanted a bill with lots of pork, which was the subject of her "negotiations" after that point.

According to who?

Now,

According to who?

I

According to who?

No one said the two sides completely stopped talking to each other. If you hadn't selectively paraphrased, you would have the rest of the paragraph:

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi is hitting pause on bipartisan negotiations on a $1.6 trillion-plus emergency package in the Senate, saying the House will forge ahead with its own bill to address coronavirus after congressional leaders failed to reach a deal earlier Sunday."

Pretty obviously, what she "paused" was negotiations on the proposed bill, because she wanted a bill with lots of pork, which was the subject of her "negotiations" after that point.

If there was no stoppage of negotiations, it’s unclear to me what was meant by “pause”.

The media reports indicated that the sticking points of the negotiations was over oversight, not pork.

“One key holdup appears to still be roughly $500 billion in funds for loans and loan guarantees for distressed companies, states and localities without enough guidelines or oversight to satisfy Democrats. They want to ensure that any bailout for large companies will primarily benefit workers. But pushback from Democrats has centered on not only the substance of the legislation, but on the process that Republicans used to come up with it as well, arguing that they were locked out of negotiations at the start.”

According to who?

Now,

According to who?

I

According to who?

If there was no stoppage of negotiations, it’s unclear to me what was meant by “pause”.

The media reports indicated that the sticking points of the negotiations was over oversight, not pork.

“One key holdup appears to still be roughly $500 billion in funds for loans and loan guarantees for distressed companies, states and localities without enough guidelines or oversight to satisfy Democrats. They want to ensure that any bailout for large companies will primarily benefit workers. But pushback from Democrats has centered on not only the substance of the legislation, but on the process that Republicans used to come up with it as well, arguing that they were locked out of negotiations at the start.”

Feel free to show me how the completed Senate bill differs in regards to the loan oversight, then, rather than blindly parroting your talking points at me.

Fact is, whatever water the media carries for the Democrats, the big differences between the bill before and after Pelosi's obstruction are all in the area of her agenda wishlist. Her separately-written Democrat proposal included non-related bullshit like arts funding; the new bill "coincidentally" contains $100 million for the NEA and the JFK Center for the Arts. Should I even ask you to explain what that has to do with coronavirus or its economic impact on the country?

According to who?

Now,

According to who?

I

According to who?

Feel free to show me how the completed Senate bill differs in regards to the loan oversight, then, rather than blindly parroting your talking points at me.

Fact is, whatever water the media carries for the Democrats, the big differences between the bill before and after Pelosi's obstruction are all in the area of her agenda wishlist. Her separately-written Democrat proposal included non-related bullshit like arts funding; the new bill "coincidentally" contains $100 million for the NEA and the JFK Center for the Arts. Should I even ask you to explain what that has to do with coronavirus or its economic impact on the country?

This was a good article explaining the current state of affairs, which seems a little more chaotic than earlier stories.

Hell, they haven’t even finished writing it and there appear to be some pretty egregious drafting errors.

So I can’t point towards specific text that doesn’t exist yet, but increased oversight was agreed upon at the request of Democrats.

“As the bill was coming together in the final days, Democrats fought to make numerous changes. For example, the White House and Republicans agreed to allow an oversight board and create a Treasury Department special inspector general for pandemic recovery to scrutinize the lending decisions and detect abusive or fraudulent behavior.”

Fact is, whatever water the media carries for the Democrats, the big differences between the bill before and after Pelosi's obstruction are all in the area of her agenda wishlist.

Can you show me where that’s the case? Remember, we are talking about the Senate bill, not the House bill.

Maybe if the Dims hadn't kept throwing poison pills into the mix. Oh, and both judges were qualified for their positions.
The first is conservitard propaganda, and the second is just laughable. No judges picked by the federalist society are qualified. Every last one of them is an unabashed partisan back, which automatically disqualifies them.

What Pelosi did when she returned from SanFran and tossed 1400 pages of TOTALLY UNRELATED BULLSHIT into the process is NOT gonna be forgotten by the American people.. It was SINISTER, and UNCONSCIONABLE.

Funding for the Kennedy Center.
More Green Raw Deal shit.
Forcing airlines to follow their carbon footprint on each flight.
Money for abortions
Money to bail out Post Office Debt'
A MOUNTAIN of "election meddling" proposals

The list goes on... Expect to LOSE this one you tards... And expect to lose SUPPORT for your shrinking, corrupt, inept party..

You just go right on and defend the indefensible here.. THis is NOT Christmas for Dem wetdreams.. This is people's lives and jobs you're holding hostage....

:death:
Link?

Not some breightbart "news" crap either.

BS. Pelosi tried loading the package with a whole lot of non starters that had nothing to do with the virus. Such as 35 million for the Kennedy Center, same day voter registration, internet voting and the stupid new green deal mess. So take a long walk off a short bridge...head first.

Maybe if the Dims hadn't kept throwing poison pills into the mix. Oh, and both judges were qualified for their positions.
The first is conservitard propaganda, and the second is just laughable. No judges picked by the federalist society are qualified. Every last one of them is an unabashed partisan back, which automatically disqualifies them.

What Pelosi did when she returned from SanFran and tossed 1400 pages of TOTALLY UNRELATED BULLSHIT into the process is NOT gonna be forgotten by the American people.. It was SINISTER, and UNCONSCIONABLE.

Money for abortions

The list goes on... Expect to LOSE this one you tards... And expect to lose SUPPORT for your shrinking, corrupt, inept party..

You just go right on and defend the indefensible here.. THis is NOT Christmas for Dem wetdreams.. This is people's lives and jobs you're holding hostage....

Link?

WTF???? Where you GET your news anyway??? 1400 pages of Demo ejaculation.. INCLUDING DICTATING our election process.. From a party that is KNOWN for disenfranching voters and couldn't run a caucus in 2 states....

Can't help ya bro... You've been treated like SHIT by whatever bad media you're consuming...

U do the rest.. 1400 pages of SHITTING ON the American people scared, sick, and worried..

You're LOSING THIS ONE bro... And your party is gonna lose EVEN MORE loyalty and support...

Money for abortions

Link?

WTF???? Where you GET your news anyway??? 1400 pages of Demo ejaculation.. INCLUDING DICTATING our election process.. From a party that is KNOWN for disenfranching voters and couldn't run a caucus in 2 states....

Can't help ya bro... You've been treated like SHIT by whatever bad media you're consuming...

U do the rest.. 1400 pages of SHITTING ON the American people scared, sick, and worried..

You're LOSING THIS ONE bro... And your party is gonna lose EVEN MORE loyalty and support...
Because Mitch McConnell, a known liar and partisan back, says so?

Let's see some evidence. I ain't taking his word for it, and town hall is exactly the kinda crap a meant when I said "no breightbart "news" crap".

Money for abortions

Link?

Let's see some evidence. I ain't taking his word for it, and town hall is exactly the kinda crap a meant when I said "no breightbart "news" crap".

Here I went out of my way to CURE your ignorance of this news... Did you read the links?

You think your party should be EXTORTING all the sick and scared people in this people in this country to PACK ALL THERE fantasy agenda into a COVID relief package???

You believe this is gonna go over GREAT on Main Street America????

Don't bother answering.. Enjoy your ignorance and the smoke and flames from your dying party....

This is a joke, right?

elections, included, airline emissions included, unions included, post office debt included, arts funding, noaa, nasa, the Supreme Court increased salary for a year, minority businesses preference,$1 billion in reimbursement to laboratories which would violate protections for healthcare spending laid out in the Hyde Amendment, permanent sick leave for all businesses, $15 minimum wage, wind and solar panel company tax credits, foreign aid, agricultural marketing fund, extra salaries for all major fed depts, legal indigent services, etc, etc, etc

Typical Dem BS pile the PORK onto a bill desperately needed during a crisis. I'd be okay with locking the Dem leadership up in prison and throwing away the key.

Congressional Dimms NEED to be charged with SEDITION and perp walked out of the Capitol!!!
On the other side of the Capitol, Speaker Nancy Pelosi was also projecting confidence that a deal could be clinched on Tuesday. Pelosi, who is working from Washington while the vast majority of the House remains in their districts for recess, said she hopes to get unanimous consent on the bill — an agreement that would not only allow swift passage, but would also keep worried lawmakers away from the Capitol, where the virus has started spreading.

“I think there is real optimism that we could get something done in the next few hours,”

And the clock runs out at the two yard line.

Money for abortions

Link?

Here I went out of my way to CURE your ignorance of this news... Did you read the links?

You think your party should be EXTORTING all the sick and scared people in this people in this country to PACK ALL THERE fantasy agenda into a COVID relief package???

You believe this is gonna go over GREAT on Main Street America????

Don't bother answering.. Enjoy your ignorance and the smoke and flames from your dying party....
There's no cure for those people.

My offer holds to send Moscow Mitch McTurtle a one way ticket ...
What a F-ing ASSHOLE! :mad:

817s07jx8wd31.jpg

"DailyKos told me this, so I must take it as gospel! Please, spit on me and throw rotten vegetables, because I'm an idiot!"

Anyone who starts threads on this board about what he read on DailyKos - or anyone who even READS DailyKos to start with - deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

Cool, will you say the same of those who link Infowars and Gateway Pundit?

Insightful as always.

I know shit when I see it lying in front of me. Why do you think I view YOU with such contempt?

Do you know shit when you shamelessly defend it?
Clearly NOT

TRUMP-HANKSY.jpg

Forum List

Back