McDonalds answer to $15 per hour arrives in small city America

Your personal experience as a customer at one store? You can't use that as evidence McDonald's stores are cutting employees and not hiring more. If we get to use that as evidence, i'll throw in the local McDonald's near me that are all hiring 24/7 at higher starting wages than surrounding entry level jobs.

Sure I can use that as a source. The increased wages will result in more kiosks, :lol: McDonalds IS an entry level job. You really don't know much about this subject.
Why would the increases wages result in more Kiosks? I agree that a minimum wage pushed to high will lead to more selective hiring, but the need for staffing is still there. I live in Kentucky. Do you know what the minimum wage is here? I'll let you take a guess. Do you think mcdonald's here are being forced to start off at $9-$10 an hour? No, they're not. I know mcdonald's is an entry level job, maybe you should read my post again. I never said it's not.

Even when people learn to use them it won't matter as much as you think. The kiosks are setup so that if customers need to pay with cash they must come to a register attendant anyway, and the majority of customers won't even bother with the kiosks because the UI on the kiosks is dogshit. Idk if you've ever used one of them but it's much slower than actually ordering with someone at the register. Even if we assume every single customer uses Kiosks, which more than likely isn't going to happen for a long time, labor costs will still be around the same/higher simply because McDonald's brought in table service and a new position specifically based around dealing with the Kiosks, whether it's taking cash or explaining how to properly use them/troubleshooting.

Wrong they already have fewer employees and once people are trained to order, even fewer. They gave away cookies to get you to use the kiosk. Obviously they think the return is much larger.
What is your source on fewer employees? I know more about this than you think, and I can tell you that stores, both franchise and corporate, aren't cutting employees. If anything, they're hiring more.

Nyeah. That is not happening.
Yes it is.
McDonald's to hire 250,000 employees this summer, to use Snapchat to lure millennial job seekers

That's nice to see. Now, if they just went back to grilling hamburgers instead of the dry microwave pucks, the extra service might increase customer visits.
They're introducing something like that.
Fresh beef is coming to a McDonald's near you

Why would the increases wages result in more Kiosks? I agree that a minimum wage pushed to high will lead to more selective hiring, but the need for staffing is still there. I live in Kentucky. Do you know what the minimum wage is here? I'll let you take a guess. Do you think mcdonald's here are being forced to start off at $9-$10 an hour? No, they're not. I know mcdonald's is an entry level job, maybe you should read my post again. I never said it's not.

Automation is a way of controlling operational costs. Higher wages allow for more expensive equipment to be economical. Your poor use for grammer DOES mean you said McDonalds was not entry level. You are denying what is happening already, look more closely.

Wrong they already have fewer employees and once people are trained to order, even fewer. They gave away cookies to get you to use the kiosk. Obviously they think the return is much larger.
What is your source on fewer employees? I know more about this than you think, and I can tell you that stores, both franchise and corporate, aren't cutting employees. If anything, they're hiring more.

Yes it is.
McDonald's to hire 250,000 employees this summer, to use Snapchat to lure millennial job seekers

That's nice to see. Now, if they just went back to grilling hamburgers instead of the dry microwave pucks, the extra service might increase customer visits.

I tried one the other day at a rare visit to McDonalds. The meat is salty as hell.

Yes it is.

I tried one the other day at a rare visit to McDonalds. The meat is salty as hell.

I would love that. I'm a salt junky. My blood pressure runs low so salty food is good for me.

Automation is a way of controlling operational costs. Higher wages allow for more expensive equipment to be economical. Your poor use for grammer DOES mean you said McDonalds was not entry level. You are denying what is happening already, look more closely.
You want to call me out for poor use of grammar when you spell grammar as "grammer." That's a weak argument. I recognize I forgot to put "other" in my post, that's whatever, not going to treat replies on this site as if I'm writing a paper. Anyways, I know that higher wages can cause expensive equipment to be more economical, I never said that higher wages didn't lead to this. You're attacking an argument I never made. I've simply been saying that Kiosks in McDonald's aren't leading to a reduction in employees, and I am correct.

You want to call me out for poor use of grammar when you spell grammar as "grammer." That's a weak argument. I recognize I forgot to put "other" in my post, that's whatever, not going to treat replies on this site as if I'm writing a paper. Anyways, I know that higher wages can cause expensive equipment to be more economical, I never said that higher wages didn't lead to this. You're attacking an argument I never made. I've simply been saying that Kiosks in McDonald's aren't leading to a reduction in employees, and I am correct.

Spelling is not grammar. You are incorrect, there are fewer employees at the store.

Spelling is not grammar. You are incorrect, there are fewer employees at the store.
I know spelling is not grammar. If you're going to be petty and call me out for grammar on a forum, I'll call you out for spelling. I'm not going to treat my posts on here as if I'm writing a paper. Can you backup your claim that there are fewer employees at stores? Would love to see the data.

I know spelling is not grammar. If you're going to be petty and call me out for grammar on a forum, I'll call you out for spelling. I'm not going to treat my posts on here as if I'm writing a paper. Can you backup your claim that there are fewer employees at stores? Would love to see the data.

As usual, the RWN's have nothing.

Well, you want a standard of living, they want a standard of living.

I know, I know, it was fucking great having slaves who'd work for nothing, but shit man, that time has gone.

I wasn't aware McDonald's engaged in slavery. It's odd considering that was outlawed 150 years ago.

Cool story...from 2017...

Cool story...from 2017...
Really? That's your argument? That article discusses hiring for the summer of 2017, which isn't even a year ago. It specifically talks about how mcdonalds is hiring more for the kiosks and other new additions.

Really? That's your argument? That article discusses hiring for the summer of 2017, which isn't even a year ago. It specifically talks about how mcdonalds is hiring more for the kiosks and other new additions.

You were owned. Otherwise you would have disclosed the old article.

If you honestly think that I don't know what to say. If you think that's an old article and not relevant I can't help but laugh. You proceed to link me a zerohedge article FROM 2017, since you think that matters, that talks with a former CEO, ignoring the fact that the current CEO is the one pushing hiring. Your article doesn't even mention workers losing their jobs! All it does is lay out where kiosks and mobile ordering are being deployed. LOL. Do you even read your own sources? I haven't even touched on the delivery approach mcdonalds is looking into that will certainly require more employees. Your second article is the exact same thing, simply assuming kiosks replace employees when reality is different.

If you honestly think that I don't know what to say. If you think that's an old article and not relevant I can't help but laugh. You proceed to link me a zerohedge article FROM 2017, since you think that matters, that talks with a former CEO, ignoring the fact that the current CEO is the one pushing hiring. Your article doesn't even mention workers losing their jobs! All it does is lay out where kiosks and mobile ordering are being deployed. LOL. Do you even read your own sources? I haven't even touched on the delivery approach mcdonalds is looking into that will certainly require more employees. Your second article is the exact same thing, simply assuming kiosks replace employees when reality is different.

Of course McDonalds is going to downplay the automation. They need someone to clean up after customers. The one article clearly stated 2,500 jobs were lost. Now you went from, " I know this industry" to flat out lies. That CEO was around when the current kiosk plan was developed, the current CEO is implementing.

Of course McDonalds is going to downplay the automation. They need someone to clean up after customers. The one article clearly stated 2,500 jobs were lost. Now you went from, " I know this industry" to flat out lies. That CEO was around when the current kiosk plan was developed, the current CEO is implementing.
Mcdonalds hiring 250,000 last summer and still pushing to hire, and you link me a zerohedge article about "2,500 jobs lost." Those jobs lost are more aligned with a $15 mw, which i don't agree with btw, not the new initiatives being pushed forward. There's a reason Mcdonalds is pushing new ways to hire, they need employees. You can't deny reality with a ZH article talking about "2,500 losing jobs" when the SAME SUMMER that year mcdonalds pushed to hire an additional 250k employees.

McDonald's fast-food ordering kiosks will boost sales, analyst says

They bring your food and have less employees in the store.

Gas stations have had self serve pumps for 40 years

Were those $2.35 an hour wages too much?

You do the math, 40 years ago with inflation? Also, the gas stations are almost completely self serve, so attendants end up without work, so....
Went right over your head

Automation will occur regardless of minimum wage

Convenience stores already have kiosks to order sandwiches and the minimum wage hadn’t increased

Forum List

Back