🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald's Monopoly: A Ghost Story

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-parable about the consumerism-iconic fortune-prize game McDonald's Monopoly inspired by the capitalism-allusory film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

However, this is not a traditional ghost-story but rather a 'metaphysics limerick' --- and it's dedicated to Donald Trump. Maybe TrumpUSA is growing on me...

Cheers,

====

David was an enthusiast about the intrigue surrounding modern capitalism and commerce. David invested in the stock market (through eTrade) and also studied the quarterlies of various important companies around the world to understand the ebb and flow of the emerging global market. David was interested in free-trade zones such as Hong Kong as well as commerce-minded associations such as the European Union. Mostly, David was an American who loved the idea of general capitalism-related intrigue. His favorite Hollywood (USA) films included Wall Street, Brewster's Millions, and Richie Rich.

When McDonald's introduced its fan-favorite version of the Parker Brothers real-estate fantasy board-game Monopoly, David was first in line to play. He understood how collecting various precious pieces in combination would yield great prizes/rewards, so David played quite often (at least once a month over the course of two years). David managed to collect valuable property-deed pieces playing McDonald's Monopoly including three Railroad companies, Atlantic Avenue, Marvin Gardens, Kentucky Avenue, Illinois Avenue, and most precious of all to him Park Place. Park Place was one of the two most valuable pieces, and he needed only the other pairing for Park Place --- the coveted and highly-elusive Boardwalk --- to collect his $1 million grand-prize!

David was playing with his handheld video-game toy one day in Central Park when a mysterious old man walked up to him.

DAVID: You look a little beleaguered, old man...
OLD MAN: Everyone calls me 'old man.'
DAVID: Well, that's what you look like (in a nutshell!).
OLD MAN: I see you're playing one of those 'video-games.'
DAVID: They're quite popular in this modern age, sir.
OLD MAN: Yes, I understand. Are you a fan of consumerism?
DAVID: Sure! I play McDonald's Monopoly all the time.
OLD MAN: Really? Have you collected valuable pieces?
DAVID: Yes. I almost have the complete set of yellow and red properties.
OLD MAN: That is impressive.
DAVID: I also have three railroad companies.
OLD MAN: Very impressive. Do you have one of the coveted blue pieces?
DAVID: Yes, I have Park Place. I continue to play, trying to get that Boardwalk.
OLD MAN: Then, you'd be a millionaire!
DAVID: Indeed. I see you know quite a bit about McDonald's Monopoly...
OLD MAN: Of course I do, David. You see, I am Mr. Monopoly!
DAVID: What? Are you insane? You believe you're 'Mr. Monopoly'?
OLD MAN: I'll prove it [takes out Boardwalk-piece from his pocket].
DAVID: Are you giving me your Boardwalk-piece?
OLD MAN: Yes, I am; now, you can collect your grand prize...
DAVID: Yes (since I own Park Place)! But why are you gifting me?
OLD MAN: I want to see what you'll do with your prize-money.
DAVID: I'll take your gift; but I'm not sure (yet) if you're 'Mr. Monopoly.'
OLD MAN: If you don't believe me, simply consider me your 'benefactor.'
DAVID: I suppose I'm some kind of 'witness.'
OLD MAN: We'll see...

====

monopoly.png

Forum List

Back