Medved reaching/getting desperate (Trump)

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
A quick thought experiment reveals the real nature of the movement Donald Trump has inspired. Imagine that Mr. Trump, who turns 70 in June, suffered a sudden health crisis and became incapacitated. Could anyone possibly replace him as head of his movement–advancing his ideals and programs to “make America great again”?

From the beginning, his campaign has been about personality, not policy. Supporters believe he alone possesses the superhuman power to make great trade deals, repair an ailing economy, enforce border security, end corrupt political deals and bring home jobs from abroad. Bitter arguments over the magical abilities of one all-powerful leader to impose his vague vision are typical of dictatorships and monarchies, but unworthy of a democratic republic. Just as we believe in a government of laws and not of men, we should conduct elections that are about ideas, not individuals–no matter how compelling or controversial those individuals may be.

Could Anyone Replace Trump? - The Michael Medved Show

Medveds entire show is bashing Trump.

Medved is a slimy shyster who pretends to be an objective conservative (for ratings, I presume). Here is an example of his deceptive characterization of Trump's immigration policy:

"Would (Trump) deport the undocumented spouse of a U.S. serviceman in Afghanistan?"

First of all, this is an incomplete hypothetical in that relevant details are omitted:

1. Is the serviceman a U.S. citizen?
2. Is he legally married?
3. If so, where?
4. How did his spouse come to the U.S,?
5. Was this before or after they were married?
6. Did they submit any required paperwork for legal residency?
7. Is his spouse on a terror watch list or have terrorist connections?
8. Did she assist the killing of 14 people in San Bernardino?

Medved deliberately omitted these details because it would expose his original question as a disingenuous fraud like he, himself, is.

A quick thought experiment reveals the real nature of the movement Donald Trump has inspired. Imagine that Mr. Trump, who turns 70 in June, suffered a sudden health crisis and became incapacitated. Could anyone possibly replace him as head of his movement–advancing his ideals and programs to “make America great again”?

From the beginning, his campaign has been about personality, not policy. Supporters believe he alone possesses the superhuman power to make great trade deals, repair an ailing economy, enforce border security, end corrupt political deals and bring home jobs from abroad. Bitter arguments over the magical abilities of one all-powerful leader to impose his vague vision are typical of dictatorships and monarchies, but unworthy of a democratic republic. Just as we believe in a government of laws and not of men, we should conduct elections that are about ideas, not individuals–no matter how compelling or controversial those individuals may be.

Could Anyone Replace Trump? - The Michael Medved Show

Medveds entire show is bashing Trump.

The only real power the President is supposed to have is the power of persuasion. His job is to talk with Congress critters and present them with the facts and reasons for them to vote for his proposals. He also has to have public opinion on his side. It is a damned shame that nobody mentioned that to Obama 7 1/2 years ago.
Bush did that and even got Kerry and Clinton to vote for the invasion of Iraq. Of course that was an easy job since they had been talking about Iraq WMD's for months.
I think,that Trump understands the power of persuasion since he has spent most of his life persuading people to build his hundreds of hotels, golf courses, etc. I believe he would talk to the Congress critters and get the majority of them to agree with him on immigration, healthcare and trade bills since public opinion is already on his side on many of these issues.
Just my 2c worth.

As a faithful listener to the Medved show, I have to admit I've been turning it off more and more lately.

I get it......I understand you don't like Trump, but crying like a schoolgirl who lost her doll down a sewer only turns off your audience. Grow up already.

The worst show was when Medved addressed the Romney situation. Trump went out of his way to give his support to Romney when he was running for President. In return, Romney stabbed Trump right in the back.

Medved went on to blame Trump like Islamists blame the woman for getting raped. He hinted that Trump should have invited Romney and his wife to dinner instead of the reaction Trump had. He said Trump should have found out what was bugging Romney. Do you believe it??? Maybe Medved thinks the solution to our terrorist problems is to ask them why they are mad at us.

My respect for Medved went down ten notches after that show, and so did my interest in listening to it any longer. Thank goodness I have satellite radio as an option.

Forum List

Back