Mega Millions winning ticket sold in Illinois in $1.28B jackpot

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If anyone here is from Illinois and bought a ticket, check it please. If you won, please spread with some of us less fortunate, less free Canadians :)

A ticketholder in Illinois won the $1.28 billion Mega Millions jackpot on Friday night.

The winning numbers were listed as 13, 36, 45, 57, 67 and the gold Mega ball was 14. The Megaplier was 2X.

The winning ticket was sold at the Speedy Café Speedway gas station on East Touhy Avenue in Des Plaines, Illinois.

The $1.28 billion Mega Millions prize is for winners who choose the annuity option, paid annually over 29 years.

If anyone here is from Illinois and bought a ticket, check it please. If you won, please spread with some of us less fortunate, less free Canadians :)

A ticketholder in Illinois won the $1.28 billion Mega Millions jackpot on Friday night.

The winning numbers were listed as 13, 36, 45, 57, 67 and the gold Mega ball was 14. The Megaplier was 2X.

The winning ticket was sold at the Speedy Café Speedway gas station on East Touhy Avenue in Des Plaines, Illinois.

The $1.28 billion Mega Millions prize is for winners who choose the annuity option, paid annually over 29 years.
No wonder only one person won, 1-12 weren't picked

Just checked my 5 lines. I got the Mega Ball once. That's it. Is that 2 bucks?

Does Mega let you stay unknown if you wish. That should be a must now. Your life could be in danger
Depends on your state

The Illinois Lottery allows winners to request anonymity if the prize is greater than $250,000, which certainly applies in this case. You may request to keep your name and municipality of residence confidential at the time of claiming your prize.

Does Mega let you stay unknown if you wish. That should be a must now. Your life could be in danger

This is the peculiar drawback of winning such amounts of money.

For me, I'd lay low with how I express my money publcily, but, I wouldn't hide. You can't hide anywhere on earth with a billion dollars (or even half after taxes). You will always be found, be it by criminals, former and even foreign spies, who knows? I have a responsible disposition as it refers money so I would probably put it to use in a business but definitely not splash it around.

Bottom line "don't hide from life, just be prepared to deal with the onslaught". I'd do it with a smile.

This is the peculiar drawback of winning such amounts of money.

For me, I'd lay low with how I express my money publcily, but, I wouldn't hide. You can't hide anywhere on earth with a billion dollars (or even half after taxes). You will always be found, be it by criminals, former and even foreign spies, who knows? I have a responsible disposition as it refers money so I would probably put it to use in a business but definitely not splash it around.

Bottom line "don't hide from life, just be prepared to deal with the onslaught". I'd do it with a smile.
You need to learn to say……NO!

What if I was only visiting and happened to get my ticket at Speedway? Still entitled to anonymity?

What if I was only visiting and happened to get my ticket at Speedway? Still entitled to anonymity?
You cash in at the state you bought the ticket in
So the rules apply to everyone who bought a ticket regardless of residence

Glad to see it go to one singular winner. Nothing takes the cherry off the top of such a huge win, like having it split multiple ways. It just isn’t the same…
Even if you have to share with other people, it is still money that you didn't already have at least in my own opinion anyway. In other words, I can live without the cherry. It is the ice cream and hot fudge that I want most of all. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If I wasn't retired and still working and had won big money I'd march down to work, grab a bottle of Jameson, sit in a lawn chair, and harass the management. Dream come true.

Hopefully a big office pool hit

The first person you should see after hitting is a lawyer that will arrange a trust fund thus guaranteeing your anonymity. Nobody has to know no matter who you are if you do it right.

Forum List

Back