Memphis police officer killed in traffic stop

[...]

According to MPD Director Toney Armstrong, Officer Bolton was interrupting an apparent drug deal. Officers say the amount of drugs found was less than 2 grams of marijuana.

In Tennessee, possession of that amount of marijuana is a misdemeanor, with potential arrest and jail time possibly avoided.

[...]
Two grams of marijuana and we have a dead cop and a major manhunt going on.

Who was being harmed by this marijuana transaction? This is one more example of why I have absolutely no respect for narcs and ordinary street cops who emulate narcs -- and I have no sympathy for them when they get killed or injured while willingly and knowingly engaging in these bullshit drug busts. They are asking for it.

Because I am willing to make the hard choices we need to make to clean this country up. You aren't obviously.
"Clean this Country up?"

I'm afraid you've been misled by the anti-drug fanatics. What you need to understand is the drug situation in this Nation, and many other nations which are coerced into following our lead, is not nearly as serious a problem as you seem to think it is. In fact the major aspect of the drug problem is our utterly insane drug laws!

The areas in which problems with certain recreational drugs do exist can be dealt with much more effectively and much less destructively with a more intelligent and reasoned approach. Just keep in mind that smoking cigarettes, which are more addictive than heroin, was reduced by more than seventy percent without arresting a single individual. It was done through an effective public education program.

I smoked cigarettes for thirty five years and I quit in 1985. It wasn't easy but I was motivated by a particularly effective education program. I am absolutely certain the majority of dangerous drug users could be similarly motivated.

If you are a human being, you will find this sad and disturbing...because all lives matter. The problem we are all having is that for some, all lives don't matter...ie black men and women. Yes we should all be outraged over this and yes I pray they find the man responsible and yes, he will be held accountable.....but with black victims. their murderers ie cops....always walk free, so all lives don't matter in this country and that's the problem

I'm afraid soon all that crap will turn into a racial war since our multiculturalism doesn't work. We need to do something to stop the violence but it seems like it's too late for changes.

I'm afraid soon all that crap will turn into a racial war since our multiculturalism doesn't work. We need to do something to stop the violence but it seems like it's too late for changes.

A race war with who? What you and people fail to understand and simply can not reason...is that blacks in this country are not the one's who are angry. Its white MEN. Blacks are simply reacting, one more time, reacting to the needless deaths of blacks at the hands of those paid to protect and serve...how this morphs into a race war, only God knows. We all should be angry over what is happening in this country with our law enforced bad officers, all races should be alarmed.

What is occuring and no one wants to address this, is that white men in uniform are responding to the overt in your fact black men with white women is something they don't like and they're the only one's with the power to address it. And that bias, that anger, the racism has taken over their rational thinking when addressing black assailants. There is no other explanation for it......this shit is not new, but the numbers are. Its the big elephant in the room no body wants to notice, but its fact and anyone in denial is just shoving the issue under the rug.

You will never ever have a race war in this country.....tooooooooo many nigga's got toooooo many white women in their lives.

If you are a human being, you will find this sad and disturbing...because all lives matter. The problem we are all having is that for some, all lives don't matter...ie black men and women. Yes we should all be outraged over this and yes I pray they find the man responsible and yes, he will be held accountable.....but with black victims. their murderers ie cops....always walk free, so all lives don't matter in this country and that's the problem

If you want to show the difference Start a go fund me account for the killer and then that same group will cry foul and pretend there is a difference

More obama legacy.
I cannot argue with that for one very big reason.

When Obama was a candidate he was asked by several interviewers about his position on the marijuana issue. On each such occasion he duplicitously managed to convey an impression which strongly suggested he was opposed to marijuana prohibition. On one occasion he boldly stated; "I smoked marijuana -- frequently!", leaving no doubt in my mind, and in the minds of those I spoke with about it, that if elected Obama would not continue the senseless persecution of this relatively benign recreational substance.

This, more than any other reason, prompted me and many other encouraged Americans to vote for Obama. And when he was elected we waited with hopeful anticipation for his first mention of the subject -- which never came. After about nine months a reporter asked him about his position on the marijuana issue and he rudely dismissed her, saying; "I have no time to talk about that!"

Obama has been in Office for seven years but he has never been willing to even discuss the marijuana issue. When Keith Olbermann was hosting a TV news program he once reported on the existence of a list of topics which a President will not discuss during interviews. This list is distributed to the Press prior to all appearances and interviews and marijuana is number one on Obama's list of forbidden topics. Reporters who ignore this list are excluded from all future interviews and speeches.

One cannot help but wonder why a President with Obama's extraordinarily Liberal background, one who has boldly admitted that he smoked marijuana frequently, refuses to even discuss this critically important topic -- or to even offer a reason.

More obama legacy.
I cannot argue with that for one very big reason.

When Obama was a candidate he was asked by several interviewers about his position on the marijuana issue. On each such occasion he duplicitously managed to convey an impression which strongly suggested he was opposed to marijuana prohibition. On one occasion he boldly stated; "I smoked marijuana -- frequently!", leaving no doubt in my mind, and in the minds of those I spoke with about it, that if elected Obama would not continue the senseless persecution of this relatively benign recreational substance.

This, more than any other reason, prompted me and many other encouraged Americans to vote for Obama. And when he was elected we waited with hopeful anticipation for his first mention of the subject -- which never came. After about nine months a reporter asked him about his position on the marijuana issue and he rudely dismissed her, saying; "I have no time to talk about that!"

Obama has been in Office for seven years but he has never been willing to even discuss the marijuana issue. When Keith Olbermann was hosting a TV news program he once reported on the existence of a list of topics which a President will not discuss during interviews. This list is distributed to the Press prior to all appearances and interviews and marijuana is number one on Obama's list of forbidden topics. Reporters who ignore this list are excluded from all future interviews and speeches.

One cannot help but wonder why a President with Obama's extraordinarily Liberal background, one who has boldly admitted that he smoked marijuana frequently, refuses to even discuss this critically important topic -- or to even offer a reason.
If pot's that critical of an issue perhaps you need an intervention with your addiction problem.

If pot's that critical of an issue perhaps you need an intervention with your addiction problem.
I enjoyed the effect of marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. When Ronald Reagan made it a serious federal crime in 1981 and it was re-criminalized in New York I regrettably stopped using it.

If you have pondered the destructive effect of marijuana prohibition, including its cost in taxpayer funding and in lives ruined by enforcement of the utterly insane marijuana laws, and you do not consider this to be a critical issue, I'd say you have a more serious problem than addiction.

Forum List

Back