"Merry Christmas" Versus "Season Greetings"...

Is it a big deal?

The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.
The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

I prefer merry fucking christmas asshole.

^ I'm not surprised by those tidbits healthmyths

I'm kind of biased though, Alaska never stopped saying Merry Christmas... It's like a whole different country up here, they say it's 50s America. ~shrug~

The native peoples of Alaska have always said, “merry christmas”?

^ I'm not surprised by those tidbits healthmyths

I'm kind of biased though, Alaska never stopped saying Merry Christmas... It's like a whole different country up here, they say it's 50s America. ~shrug~

The native peoples of Alaska have always said, “merry christmas”?

That is because they are so close to the North Pole

You rubes have been totally played by Trump.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_25_at_3_15_58_PM.png

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh, man. That's priceless.

“You go to department stores and they’ll say 'Happy New Year,' or they’ll say other things and it’ll be red, they’ll have it painted. But they don’t say — well guess what? We’re saying merry Christmas again.” :lol:

Nobody has ever stopped saying Merry Christmas, that is just a lie the far right wing media told you to sell books and ad time.

Try this on for size all you right wing "christians".

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 29:7 The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all.

First John 3:17 “But if anyone has the world’s
goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?”
James 2:14-17 “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”

I think the PC shackles are just off so folks are finally where I'm at - basically, ain't my problem if you choose to be offended by a well meaning saying ~shrug~

Except are you really being "Well Meaning" when you say it, or is it, "I'm going to impose my religion on the rest of you!"
The United States is basically a Secularized Christian Nation...

Its holidays (Holy Days) and holiday greetings are oriented towards Christianity.

The New World is basically Nova Europa, which, in turn, is the historical seat and bastion of Western Christianity, once removed from its Middle Eastern origins.

That makes the New World - and Oceania - permanent extensions of Christendom.

If one is unhappy living within Christendom, one should seek sustenance elsewhere.
Better start trying to catch up with right wing Christians on giving to charities then.

You all are sort of way behind....

not really true if you take out money given to their own churches. And the vast majority of the money given to a church stays within that church and never actually goes to help anyone outside of the church.

You rubes have been totally played by Trump.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_25_at_3_15_58_PM.png

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh, man. That's priceless.

“You go to department stores and they’ll say 'Happy New Year,' or they’ll say other things and it’ll be red, they’ll have it painted. But they don’t say — well guess what? We’re saying merry Christmas again.” :lol:

Nobody has ever stopped saying Merry Christmas, that is just a lie the far right wing media told you to sell books and ad time.

He is joking and is quoting someone else. Hence the quotation marks around his post.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 29:7 The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all.

goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?”
James 2:14-17 “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”

I think the PC shackles are just off so folks are finally where I'm at - basically, ain't my problem if you choose to be offended by a well meaning saying ~shrug~

Except are you really being "Well Meaning" when you say it, or is it, "I'm going to impose my religion on the rest of you!"

Its holidays (Holy Days) and holiday greetings are oriented towards Christianity.

The New World is basically Nova Europa, which, in turn, is the historical seat and bastion of Western Christianity, once removed from its Middle Eastern origins.

If one is unhappy living within Christendom, one should seek sustenance elsewhere.
Better start trying to catch up with right wing Christians on giving to charities then.

You all are sort of way behind....

Right wing Christians are giving only within their own communities - when hardships befall their own members. They are not giving to the inner city poor, or even the working poor living outside their own areas.

You have wealthy enclaves incorporating themselves as separate towns to avoid having their tax dollars go to educate the children of the poor.

The United States and Turkey are the only two first world countries which spend more money to educate the children of the rich than they do for poor children.

Jesus said that which you do to the least among you, you do unto Me. Of course Jesus and his disciples didn’t work and depended on the charity of others for their sustenance. Today’s right wing Christians would turn the lazy bums away.

Who cares really? People can say whatever they want or nothing at all. If you want to act like indignant douche because someone said "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas," then that's on you, IMO. I'm certainly not out to insult people when I wish them a Happy Holidays. :rolleyes-41: If I wanted to insult them, I would say, "fuck you and I hope your holidays suck."
No doubt, but at the same time why fix what’s not broken.
Political correctness is the last reason to change things, political correctness is for pussies

I'll just keep saying Merry Christmas, illegal alien, and anchor baby.

Oops...

The Trump Organization‏Verified account @Trump 20h20 hours ago

Last night at the 2017 @TrumpRealty Holiday Party! Thank you to all of our incredible New York City residents for attending and we look forward to seeing you in the New Yearpic.twitter.com/aFhyya6eCY

DQTIpcOWAAAw3Et.jpg

DQTIqMZW0AAxoT3.jpg

DQTIqNRWkAAF4Zb.jpg

DQTI3piWkAEWnHt.jpg

HOLIDAY party????? Indeed

So? What is your point? As if ALL politicians don't hold fancy parties? :eusa_eh:

They are TRUMPS
Why aren't they having a CHRISTMAS party?

Hopefully you don't call yourself a Christian, you are a fake one.

Oops...

Last night at the 2017 @TrumpRealty Holiday Party! Thank you to all of our incredible New York City residents for attending and we look forward to seeing you in the New Yearpic.twitter.com/aFhyya6eCY

DQTIpcOWAAAw3Et.jpg

DQTIqMZW0AAxoT3.jpg

DQTIqNRWkAAF4Zb.jpg

DQTI3piWkAEWnHt.jpg

So? What is your point? As if ALL politicians don't hold fancy parties? :eusa_eh:

They are TRUMPS

Maybe because they had people who aren't Christians in attendance and didn't want anyone to feel left out? :dunno: Really though, it makes no difference to me. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas - it all means the same to me!

Is it a big deal?

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.

Wow- now Christianity is safe again!

LOL

Oops...

DQTIpcOWAAAw3Et.jpg

DQTIqMZW0AAxoT3.jpg

DQTIqNRWkAAF4Zb.jpg

DQTI3piWkAEWnHt.jpg

They are TRUMPS

Maybe because they had people who aren't Christians in attendance and didn't want anyone to feel left out? :dunno: Really though, it makes no difference to me. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas - it all means the same to me!
Exactly

Why doesn't Fat Donnie get the message?
We are not all Christians

Oops...

DQTIpcOWAAAw3Et.jpg

DQTIqMZW0AAxoT3.jpg

DQTIqNRWkAAF4Zb.jpg

DQTI3piWkAEWnHt.jpg

They are TRUMPS

Exactly

Why doesn't Fat Donnie get the message?
We are not all Christians

We out number you faithless...
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 7.38.09 AM.png

Religious Landscape Study

That's quite different from the world at large: Fifty-two percent of the world's population is non-Christian,
compared to 4 percent in the United States; and one-third is Christian, compared to 83 percent in the United States.
(These are rough comparisons, because the world figures, reported by the Encyclopedia Britannica, are for the full population, while the U.S. figures are among adults only.)
Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian

We out number you considerably... but being a Christian I not only forgive your ignorance but would like to share with the confidence regarding your future.
Check this out:Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with charity ---- as long as it is one's OWN money or gift and not that taken from one's neighbor ---- as LIBERALS are good at doing! It is also fun to see how CHRISTIAN Democrats are when helping the poor in this way (likely to garner votes), and how agnostic they become when anyone mentions public Bible reading, nativity displays, the sanctity of the unborn, and not trivializing marriage!

Last edited:
...said Scrooge indignantly. "Every idiot who goes about with "Merry Christmas" on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with charity ---- as long as it is one's OWN money or gift and not that taken from one's neighbor ---- as LIBERALS are good at doing! It is also fun to see how CHRISTIAN Democrats are when helping the poor in this way (likely to garner votes), and how agnostic they become when anyone mentions public Bible reading, nativity displays, the sanctity of the unborn, and not trivializing marriage!

First you start with a fallacy, that conservatives give more to charity, and then you carry on that theme to a false conclusion:

Who's more charitable -- conservatives or liberals?

Here’s the thing. Most right wingers “charitable” contributions are donations made to churches. Most of the money donated to churches are spent on operations - building maintenance, salaries for the minister and his/her staff, funds passed on to the diocese, Presbytry or other parent groups of the congregation for their administrative costs. Less than 25% percent of those donations go to helping the less fortunate.

So to say that right wingers are more generous or give more to those less fortunate is a fallacy. One that right wingers like to use to beat the left over the head, but the reality is that giving to your church does little to help the poor.

As an elder in my congregation, I am well aware that churches desperately need these donations to keep operating. Just the expense of maintaining our building and paying for heat, electricity and capital expenses is daunting. We’re proud of our heritage as one of the oldest churches in our community but the upkeep on our old building takes a lot of money and none of that helps the poor.

Right wingers need to stop gloating over the the dollar value of their giving and start dealing with the reality that churches are not really helping the poor to improve their situations.

Forum List

Back