"Merry Christmas" Versus "Season Greetings"...

Hopefully you don't call yourself a Christian, you are a fake one.

James 2:14-17 “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”

Try this on for size all you right wing "christians".

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 29:7 The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all.

First John 3:17 “But if anyone has the world’s
goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?”
James 2:14-17 “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”

The United States is basically a Secularized Christian Nation...

Its holidays (Holy Days) and holiday greetings are oriented towards Christianity.

The New World is basically Nova Europa, which, in turn, is the historical seat and bastion of Western Christianity, once removed from its Middle Eastern origins.

That makes the New World - and Oceania - permanent extensions of Christendom.

If one is unhappy living within Christendom, one should seek sustenance elsewhere.
If one is unhappy living within Christendom, one should seek sustenance elsewhere.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 29:7 The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all.

goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?”

Its holidays (Holy Days) and holiday greetings are oriented towards Christianity.

The New World is basically Nova Europa, which, in turn, is the historical seat and bastion of Western Christianity, once removed from its Middle Eastern origins.

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with charity ---- as long as it is one's OWN money or gift and not that taken from one's neighbor ---- as LIBERALS are good at doing! It is also fun to see how CHRISTIAN Democrats are when helping the poor in this way (likely to garner votes), and how agnostic they become when anyone mentions public Bible reading, nativity displays, the sanctity of the unborn, and not trivializing marriage!

First you start with a fallacy, that conservatives give more to charity, and then you carry on that theme to a false conclusion:

Who's more charitable -- conservatives or liberals?

Here’s the thing. Most right wingers “charitable” contributions are donations made to churches. Most of the money donated to churches are spent on operations - building maintenance, salaries for the minister and his/her staff, funds passed on to the diocese, Presbytry or other parent groups of the congregation for their administrative costs. Less than 25% percent of those donations go to helping the less fortunate.

So to say that right wingers are more generous or give more to those less fortunate is a fallacy. One that right wingers like to use to beat the left over the head, but the reality is that giving to your church does little to help the poor.

As an elder in my congregation, I am well aware that churches desperately need these donations to keep operating. Just the expense of maintaining our building and paying for heat, electricity and capital expenses is daunting. We’re proud of our heritage as one of the oldest churches in our community but the upkeep on our old building takes a lot of money and none of that helps the poor.

Right wingers need to stop gloating over the the dollar value of their giving and start dealing with the reality that churches are not really helping the poor to improve their situations.

Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways.
People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often.
If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent.
Opinion | Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Now as far as the "reality" of helping the poor...
How about this reality...

Conservatives as a group generally make more money than Liberals.
FACT supporting that:
It's a long-held political axiom, and it's upheld in a recent study by PayScale, the nation's largest private salary survey company. In research shared with The Atlantic, they showed that Americans who make less than $70,000 (about 70% of the country) are considerably more likely to vote Democratic. Those making more than $70,000 are more likely to vote Republican.Does Your Wage Predict Your Vote?

So if Conservatives make more money as the above proves, who pay more taxes?
The vast majority of people who pay no federal income tax have low earnings. When all federal taxes are taken into consideration, even the lowest fifth of households (where average incomes are about $18,000) pay 4 percent of income in federal taxes, while the second-lowest fifth (average income: $43,000) pay 11 percent.
Dear Conservatives, Liberals Do Pay Taxes

So conservatives MAKE more money than Liberals and pay more taxes than liberals who have gained the most from the following?

The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion --
Since the War on Poverty began under President Lyndon Johnson, welfare spending has exploded to sixteen times its original size. In a new report from the Heritage Foundation, Robert Rector and Rachel Sheffield tackle the welfare system, explaining how spending has skyrocketed since the 1960s.
  • America has spent more on welfare than defense since 1993.
  • The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history.
  • Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
  • One-third of all Americans receive benefits from at least one welfare program.
What has the United States gotten in return for all of this spending?
It hasn't led to a drop in the poverty rate, which remains close to the same level it was when the War on Poverty began.
However, Rector and Sheffield point out that it's misleading to think that Americans are not better off today --
the poverty rate is measured based on income that does not include welfare transfers.
They offer this example: a household receiving $50,000 in welfare benefits would still be classified as poor if its pre-welfare income fell below the poverty line.
So, how are poor households today doing?
Rector and Sheffield offer a few statistics:
  • eighty percent (80%)!!! of America's poor households have air conditioning,
  • two-thirds (66%)!! have cable or satellite television,
  • half (50%) have a personal computer and
  • 43% have access to the internet.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion
So based on the facts that
  • 1/3 (33%) of all means tested Americans received welfare benefits,
  • i.e. "liberals" i.e. have low earnings therefore PAY NO TAXES
  • have been GIVEN $22 Trillion over the past 50 years by those mean old rich bastard conservatives !
Proof Positive that Rich old bastard conservatives are more generous than liberals!

You just quoted the author of the book that has been quoted by right wingers to prove their “generosity”, but has been totally discredited as a false narrative. What has been totally discredited is his methods of determining who is liberal or conservative.

Also, I wasn’t aware that people are asked what their political affiliation is when they donate blood. Certainly I’ve never been asked when I donate blood and they ask a LOT of questions for blood donation these days.

You just quoted the author of the book that has been quoted by right wingers to prove their “generosity”, but has been totally discredited as a false narrative. What has been totally discredited is his methods of determining who is liberal or conservative.

Also, I wasn’t aware that people are asked what their political affiliation is when they donate blood. Certainly I’ve never been asked when I donate blood and they ask a LOT of questions for blood donation these days.

Where were Arthur Brooks statistics totally discredited?
What are your FACTS to prove your subjective and unproven statement?
A) Red states, i.e. Conservatives GIVE more money. It is A FACT!
Eight of the 10 most generous states are in the South:
Mississippi, RED
Alabama, RED
Tennessee, RED
Georgia, RED
South Carolina RED
Oklahoma RED
Arkansas RED
and North Carolina RED
. Residents of these states give on average at least 3.7 percent of their income, after taxes, to church or charity. Some give considerably more. Tithing, or contributing 10 percent of income, is popular in these states, too.

The stingiest states are
Hawaii BLUE
Wisconsin RED
North Dakota RED
Connecticut, Blue
Massachusetts,BLUE
Rhode Island, BLUE
New Jersey, BLUE
Vermont BLUE
Maine BLUE and
New Hampshire BLUE.
New Hampshire’s 1.7 rate puts it dead last.
WESLEY PRUDEN: Red states more generous than blue states

You didn't read the study carefully.
Red states AKA conservatives gave more blood than blue states..AKA liberal/Democrat,etc. NY, Ca,etc...
Based on those differentials conservative states donate more blood.

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with charity ---- as long as it is one's OWN money or gift and not that taken from one's neighbor ---- as LIBERALS are good at doing! It is also fun to see how CHRISTIAN Democrats are when helping the poor in this way (likely to garner votes), and how agnostic they become when anyone mentions public Bible reading, nativity displays, the sanctity of the unborn, and not trivializing marriage!

First you start with a fallacy, that conservatives give more to charity, and then you carry on that theme to a false conclusion:

Here’s the thing. Most right wingers “charitable” contributions are donations made to churches. Most of the money donated to churches are spent on operations - building maintenance, salaries for the minister and his/her staff, funds passed on to the diocese, Presbytry or other parent groups of the congregation for their administrative costs. Less than 25% percent of those donations go to helping the less fortunate.

So to say that right wingers are more generous or give more to those less fortunate is a fallacy. One that right wingers like to use to beat the left over the head, but the reality is that giving to your church does little to help the poor.

As an elder in my congregation, I am well aware that churches desperately need these donations to keep operating. Just the expense of maintaining our building and paying for heat, electricity and capital expenses is daunting. We’re proud of our heritage as one of the oldest churches in our community but the upkeep on our old building takes a lot of money and none of that helps the poor.

Right wingers need to stop gloating over the the dollar value of their giving and start dealing with the reality that churches are not really helping the poor to improve their situations.
Most of the money siphoned off by taxes goes to pay for bureaucracy and administrative overview and inspections and record keeping and maintaining safety standards and office space and healthcare and retirement funds for government workers... You know nothing about the church I attend. Much of what we accomplish is by volunteerism and donations. We take free bicycles into Camden and maintain soup kitchens and transport those without transportation... We also support a lot of mission work to spread the Gospel message around the world. We help to find jobs for those that are looking... We support homes for those without a place to stay.

The church is community run and sponsored. The government agencies are an outreach of WASHINGTON BUREAUCRATIC RED TAPE!

All this talk about "brother's keeper".. reminds me of this!

Further proof of the liberal hypocrisy... set up a government agency when simply helping his brother would have been much more beneficial to Obama's brother!
Obamabrotherkeeper.png

No, say whatever greeting suits you. If someone say "Happy Hannukah" to me, I assume they are Jewish and that is cool.

Anyone that cares has too much time on their hands.

Once again, you miss the over-all point of "your" so-called religious philosophy.
Be the fake "christian" you are one more time and cherry pick what you want to believe and ignore what you want.

upload_2017-12-15_9-58-21.jpeg

Except are you really being "Well Meaning" when you say it, or is it, "I'm going to impose my religion on the rest of you!"

Except are you really being "Well Meaning" when you say it, or is it, "I'm going to impose my religion on the rest of you!"

All opinion now , isn't it. .
Nice try.
upload_2017-12-15_9-59-24.png

Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways.
People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often.
If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent.
Opinion | Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Now as far as the "reality" of helping the poor...
How about this reality...

Conservatives as a group generally make more money than Liberals.
FACT supporting that:
It's a long-held political axiom, and it's upheld in a recent study by PayScale, the nation's largest private salary survey company. In research shared with The Atlantic, they showed that Americans who make less than $70,000 (about 70% of the country) are considerably more likely to vote Democratic. Those making more than $70,000 are more likely to vote Republican.Does Your Wage Predict Your Vote?

So if Conservatives make more money as the above proves, who pay more taxes?
The vast majority of people who pay no federal income tax have low earnings. When all federal taxes are taken into consideration, even the lowest fifth of households (where average incomes are about $18,000) pay 4 percent of income in federal taxes, while the second-lowest fifth (average income: $43,000) pay 11 percent.
Dear Conservatives, Liberals Do Pay Taxes

So conservatives MAKE more money than Liberals and pay more taxes than liberals who have gained the most from the following?

The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion --
Since the War on Poverty began under President Lyndon Johnson, welfare spending has exploded to sixteen times its original size. In a new report from the Heritage Foundation, Robert Rector and Rachel Sheffield tackle the welfare system, explaining how spending has skyrocketed since the 1960s.
  • America has spent more on welfare than defense since 1993.
  • The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history.
  • Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
  • One-third of all Americans receive benefits from at least one welfare program.
What has the United States gotten in return for all of this spending?
It hasn't led to a drop in the poverty rate, which remains close to the same level it was when the War on Poverty began.
However, Rector and Sheffield point out that it's misleading to think that Americans are not better off today --
the poverty rate is measured based on income that does not include welfare transfers.
They offer this example: a household receiving $50,000 in welfare benefits would still be classified as poor if its pre-welfare income fell below the poverty line.
So, how are poor households today doing?
Rector and Sheffield offer a few statistics:
  • eighty percent (80%)!!! of America's poor households have air conditioning,
  • two-thirds (66%)!! have cable or satellite television,
  • half (50%) have a personal computer and
  • 43% have access to the internet.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion
So based on the facts that
  • 1/3 (33%) of all means tested Americans received welfare benefits,
  • i.e. "liberals" i.e. have low earnings therefore PAY NO TAXES
  • have been GIVEN $22 Trillion over the past 50 years by those mean old rich bastard conservatives !
Proof Positive that Rich old bastard conservatives are more generous than liberals!

Thanks to two parts of the 1st Amendment, freedom of religion and freedom of speech, you could always say anything you want around Christmas time within reason and without fear of arrest. The problem comes in when the federal education system teaches kids that it's wrong to say the word Christmas or the media suggests that the phrase "Merry Christmas" is offensive to some faction of society and should be avoided. It's refreshing when the President of the United States tells citizens that it's O.K. to say Marry Christmas if they so desire. We haven't heard that kind of straight talk in a long, long time.

Thanks to two parts of the 1st Amendment, freedom of religion and freedom of speech, you could always say anything you want around Christmas time within reason and without fear of arrest. The problem comes in when the federal education system teaches kids that it's wrong to say the word Christmas or the media suggests that the phrase "Merry Christmas" is offensive to some faction of society and should be avoided. It's refreshing when the President of the United States tells citizens that it's O.K. to say Marry Christmas if they so desire. We haven't heard that kind of straight talk in a long, long time.
Is it ok for educ system to teach kids its good to say Happy Hanukkah or even Birth of the Prophet?

I think the PC shackles are just off so folks are finally where I'm at - basically, ain't my problem if you choose to be offended by a well meaning saying ~shrug~

I say "Merry Christmas" just to piss off thin skin liberals like yourself.

Is it a big deal?

The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.
The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

Fake issue.

Forum List

Back