Zone1 Messiah 2030 - agree or disagree?

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we believe that the temporal existence of the earth will be 7000 years. We believe Christ will come in the beginning of the 7th thousand year period and reign for 1000 years. Recently I found the following video from a non-LDS source that has come to this same conclusion. The video is:

Out of curiosity, how many of you that are Christian agree with this film. Let me know if you agree or disagree in your response and whether or not you are Christian.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we believe that the temporal existence of the earth will be 7000 years. We believe Christ will come in the beginning of the 7th thousand year period and reign for 1000 years. Recently I found the following video from a non-LDS source that has come to this same conclusion. The video is:

Out of curiosity, how many of you that are Christian agree with this film. Let me know if you agree or disagree in your response and whether or not you are Christian.

Don't have 2 straight hours to watch right now. Saw the first 35 minutes. Very interesting. Of course, it could also be that he is finding numbers and things to fit his narrative. But, I will watch it all eventually.
I have to say a couple of things. As LDS, we know these are the latter-days or last days. Last days from Adam and Eve. So, I'm not going to agree that the Church agrees that the temporal existence of the earth is 7,000 years. The time of mankind on the earth in a fallen state is 7,000 years. Our fold is of 7,000 years even if there is older humanoids, they aren't of our fold. God's fold beginning with Adam.
We know we are close to the end. We just have to look at what is going on in the U.S. Why the U.S.? Because without the U.S. the rest of the world will fall to tyranny and destruction of all religions. Sodom and Gomorrah have returned as witnessed this LGBTQ Pride month with naked men twirking in front of little children "coming for our children" as many chanted walking down the parades. We see these same things in most major cities with the homeless and drug criminals. The corruption of our government as well. However, we do not know the exact day or time the Lord will return. Only God the Father knows.
I'll throw in a non-serious example of finding numbers and events as well as my own thoughts of what I'd call possible personal prophecy. When I was 7, I came to a conclusion that I would live to be 77. So, I'd have 10 more 7 year periods. They have gone by quickly. I'm now turning 70 in a couple of months. Using this film's idea, 2030 as the end of the world and the coming of the Lord, my life prophecies the year of the Lord, 7 years from now when I shall be taken from the earth with the Lord's coming. :popcorn:

No, the CoJC does not believe that.

An old white man, Joseph Fielding Smith, believed that and he has been dead for fifty years.
The Joseph Fielding Smith, Jr. you refer to was the 10th president of the church and was the son of Joseph Fielding Smith, Sr. who was the 6th President of the Church. His Father was Hyrum Smith the brother of Joseph Smith who was murdered in Carthage Jail along with Joseph Smith. Each of these men learned the doctrine that the earth's temporal existence is 7000 years from a revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

This was revealed to the prophet Joseph Smith in March of 1832. What is interesting about the video is that some other Christians are catching on to this truth.

Somehow the book of Daniel has many believing this is the year. Not clear on the details, but the numbers apparently add up to to 2023.

No man knows the day or hour. Read the book
I agree that no man knows the exact day or hour but according to the parable of the fig tree, one can know that we are close to the time of the Saviors second coming. 2030 is a guess at the year based on the research of those in the video. It is not telling us the day nor the hour.

The Joseph Fielding Smith, Jr. you refer to was the 10th president of the church and was the son of Joseph Fielding Smith, Sr. who was the 6th President of the Church. His Father was Hyrum Smith the brother of Joseph Smith who was murdered in Carthage Jail along with Joseph Smith. Each of these men learned the doctrine that the earth's temporal existence is 7000 years from a revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

This was revealed to the prophet Joseph Smith in March of 1832. What is interesting about the video is that some other Christians are catching on to this truth.
What is interesting is that I am not CoJC, and you will find no statement of support for that from the First Presidency and the Twelve since Joseph Fielding Smith died.

What is interesting is that I am not CoJC, and you will find no statement of support for that from the First Presidency and the Twelve since Joseph Fielding Smith died.
The First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 Apostles all agree that our scriptures (the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) are true and are thus considered our standard works. Thus they all support what is contained therein.

The First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 Apostles all agree that our scriptures (the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) are true and are thus considered our standard works. Thus they all support what is contained therein.
... but not JFS's interpretations. You won't find that anywhere.

... but not JFS's interpretations. You won't find that anywhere.
It is possible for members of the church, including apostles and prophets to expound on what they believe without it being made part of our canon of scripture. If you are looking for teachings of the late Joseph Fielding Smith, Jr. try looking on the church website for his past addresses in General Conference and I would also recommend his three volume set of books called, "Doctrines of Salvation" if you are interested. I have a copy of these books and would recommend them highly.

Last edited:
My personal view is that in 2033 the end of the sixth seal will come about and after that the beginning of the seventh seal will start. When we read the Book of Revelation we find that after the seventh seal opens there will be silence in heaven for the space of half and hour. I believe this half hour to be according to God's time. So if 1000 years is a day and there are 48 half hours in a day, if we simply divide 1000 by 48 we get 20.833333 years to be a half hour. This would take us up to 2033 + 20.833 = 2053.8333. After that the trumpets will begin to sound and that is prophesied in Revelation 8 on begins to transpire. I believe the great tribulation and the second coming of Christ will occur after 2053. When we see much of the world gather together against Jerusalem to battle we will be very close to the second coming. Not sure if I will be alive at that time since I am already in my 60's. But if I were to guess, I would say that Jesus will come before the year 2083 ends.

But I respect those who produced the video because they are definitely on the right track in realizing that the temporal existence of the earth is 7000 years. I think the information presented in the video is quite good. My only reservations on the content is that the 7000 years did not begin at the beginning of creation but started with the falll of Adam and Eve. I believe the 7 days of creation were each 1000 years each themselves. I also believe that the year of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection was in the year 33 c.e. and that is how I come up with 2033 and not 2030. Finally I believe that the 2033 year signals the end of the 6th thousand year period and the beginning of the 7th thousand year period. Once the 7th thousand year period begins, there will other events that must transpire before Christ comes. The 7th seal is the 7th thousand year period and all that needs to transpire before Christ comes is spoken of in Revelation 8 on. But I do applaud those who made the video because I feel they are on the right track by realizing that the temporal existence of the earth is 7000 years.

It is possible for members of the church, including apostles and prophets to expound on what they believe without it being made part of our canon of scripture. If you are looking for teachings of the late Joseph Fielding Smith, Jr. try looking on the church website for his past addresses in General Conference and I would also recommend his three volume set of books called, "Doctrines of Salvation" if you are interested. I have a copy of these books and would recommend them highly.
Thank you. Yes, it is not canon, it is not scripture.

Thank you. Yes, it is not canon, it is not scripture.
But much if not all could be the truth. If I were to say, "Jesus is the Christ", my words will not go down as canon or scripture but it can still be true. The three volume set of "Doctrines of Salvation" and excellent if you wish to read them. I believe they contain a great amount of truth.

Forum List

Back