Mexican radio station number 1 in LA & Orange counties

The US Census tracks both White (Hispanic) and White (Non-Hispanic), and they disagree with the numbers you've pulled out of your ass.

Do you have a source for these numbers?

The U.S. census doesn't determine what an individuals race is. The individual decides that. Idiot.

There are two boxes on the Census form - one labelled "Hispanic", the other labelled "White, Non-Hispanic".

Are you claiming that all the Mexicans in San Diego checked the wrong box?

all the Mexicans i know would never say they are White....even the ones who look White....

I would imagine that there are only a few Spanish speaking stations versus many non-Spanish to choose from. With southern California's large Hispanic population, this is not surprising. It doesn't necessarily mean the Mexicans are taking over California.

They already have taken over in California. They make up over 50% of the population there. And that is a fact, sir.

So, if Hispanics are now over 50% of the population but less than 20% of the radio stations are Spanish, then are they not being underrepresented? This leads to my point that it makes sense with so few Spanish stations that at least a few of them would be at the top of the ratings. It's just basic math and statistics.

The U.S. census doesn't determine what an individuals race is. The individual decides that. Idiot.

There are two boxes on the Census form - one labelled "Hispanic", the other labelled "White, Non-Hispanic".

You mean to tell me all of those mexicans in El Paso are white like a European? The numbers speak for themselves. El Paso is almost 90% mexican while 90% of the population there classified themselves as white.

For your information a white hispanic is someone who is as white as a swede but happens to have spanish roots. Cameron Diaz is a white hispanic. Again, white as a european. Hispanic is not a race like white or black.

So tell me again, are those mexicans in el paso white hispanics? No they're not. They're checking white on the census because they want to give themselves the gift of whiteness. Or perhaps they're confused about what their race is, which is understandable because Mexicans are technically mixed race, white/native indian.

They're not white. And neither is California and El Paso.

According to the US Census, El Paso is 81.2% Hispanic, and 13.7% White Non Hispanic - so you clearly don't understand what you're talking about.

Those damn Mexicans!

Well when you consider that Mexicans are the majority in San Diego and are quickly becoming the majority in southern Kalifornia (as a whole), why would it surprise you that Mexican radio is so big??

Ask Coloradans how they love the influx of commie liberals running from Kalifornia........
San Diego is still conservative, but probably not for long.

So what does that mean? "Conservative"? Hate minorities. Hate education. Hate healthcare. Hate science. Hate?

Well when you consider that Mexicans are the majority in San Diego and are quickly becoming the majority in southern Kalifornia (as a whole), why would it surprise you that Mexican radio is so big??

Ask Coloradans how they love the influx of commie liberals running from Kalifornia........
San Diego is still conservative, but probably not for long.

So what does that mean? "Conservative"? Hate minorities. Hate education. Hate healthcare. Hate science. Hate?

let me translate.....it means Far Left assholes like you have been moving in over the last 30 years and have fucked up a great State to live in and pretty soon your kind will be fucking up San Diego.....good enough for you?....

You mean to tell me all of those mexicans in El Paso are white like a European? The numbers speak for themselves. El Paso is almost 90% mexican while 90% of the population there classified themselves as white.

For your information a white hispanic is someone who is as white as a swede but happens to have spanish roots. Cameron Diaz is a white hispanic. Again, white as a european. Hispanic is not a race like white or black.

So tell me again, are those mexicans in el paso white hispanics? No they're not. They're checking white on the census because they want to give themselves the gift of whiteness. Or perhaps they're confused about what their race is, which is understandable because Mexicans are technically mixed race, white/native indian.

They're not white. And neither is California and El Paso.

According to the US Census, El Paso is 81.2% Hispanic, and 13.7% White Non Hispanic - so you clearly don't understand what you're talking about.

According to the 2010 US Census, the racial composition of El Paso was:

Whites - 80.84%
Black or African American - 3.39%
Native American - 0.73%
Asian: 1.18%
Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander - 0.14%
Two or more races - 3.34%

Ethnically, the city was:
Hispanic or Latino (of any race) - 86.62%

80% white

86% hispanic

Read that again.

80% white

86% hispanic

Those are mexicans claiming to be white. Oh but I'm sure those are white cubans or puerto ricans though right? Those are mexicans and white mexicans make up 12% of the mexico population. Additionally, we don't get white mexican immigrants because white mexicans make up the wealthy class in Mexico. That means those mexicans in el paso, the dark skinned flavor, are claming white as their race. If you still don't understand what that means at this point then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Mexicans are already the majority in So. California!

The last I heard, they were in SD but you're probably right....Kalifornia is being "re-claimed" by the Mexicans. Give it another 40-50 years and the US will be down to 49 states.

How do you think we managed to steal it from them? Along with Texass.

all the Mexicans i know would never say they are White....even the ones who look White....

I've met plenty of mexicans who classify themselves as white even though they MIGHT could pass for white you can still see mestizo features in their faces.

I'll agree some mexicans look whiter than others, but mexicans are by and large a mixed race people.

I've met plenty of mexicans who classify themselves as white even though they MIGHT could pass for white you can still see mestizo features in their faces.

I'll agree some mexicans look whiter than others, but mexicans are by and large a mixed race people.

most Mexicans consider themselves Brown....

On our recent trip through California we tried to find a decent radio station ANYWHERE. And failed. The only hallf-way decent ones were in Spanish.

On our recent trip through California we tried to find a decent radio station ANYWHERE. And failed. The only hallf-way decent ones were in Spanish.

the stations out here suck.....the so called "classic rock" stations play the same bands and the same songs.....basically all the commercial stuff.....

the stations out here suck.....the so called "classic rock" stations play the same bands and the same songs.....basically all the commercial stuff.....

I don't know... I always like KLOS, well, after they canned Frazer Smith. They definitely got better after KMET changed its format, but KMET was the better of the two. KRTH was a good go to for the real oldies... I always enjoyed the old radio show classics KNX 1070 played at night...

I don't know the station ID but we found a decent station around FM 103.5

I don't know... I always like KLOS, well, after they canned Frazer Smith. They definitely got better after KMET changed its format, but KMET was the better of the two. KRTH was a good go to for the real oldies... I always enjoyed the old radio show classics KNX 1070 played at night...

you are talking about radio 25 years ago Mick......TODAY radio in the LA area sucks

you are talking about radio 25 years ago Mick......TODAY radio in the LA area sucks

You sayin' I'm old ya rat bastard? LOL

For the most part, yeah. Back in '09 I was still listening to KLOS, generally for M&B in the mornings, afternoons found me on KNX for the news...

For the most part, yeah. Back in '09 I was still listening to KLOS, generally for M&B in the mornings, afternoons found me on KNX for the news...

i was pissed when a Mexican Station took over KNAC....rock Radio in S.Cal officially died that day....Feb. 1995.....

i was pissed when a Mexican Station took over KNAC....rock Radio in S.Cal officially died that day....Feb. 1995.....

I totally forgot about KNAC...

Forum List

Back