Mexican Supermarket

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
348s.jpg

My wife took me shopping with her to her favorite supermarket. I had been inside before but something about this morningā€™s visit caught my attention.

It is an awesome place.

Just to the right inside the door is a glass case of just about every kind of bread, roll, and pastry you can think of. Just beyond that is the bakery where they are made. To the right of that is a restaurant, again with a huge variety of Mexican foods. They also serve freshly made, healthy juices. Behind that is the tortilleria where fresh tortillas are made.

Facing the restaurant is an area where they serve a huge variety of fruits ready for consumption, along with more fresh fruit juices.

A very large dairy section fills the right rear of the store. Next to that is a butcher area starting off with fresh shrimp and an amazing assortment of fish on ice. Next to that is section after section of every meat cut imaginable, followed by a huge assortment of poultry.

web1_sbaloans_nov29-13jk_05_0.jpg

The back left is the produce section. Every vegetable you could ever ask for to include a whole lot of those specific to Mexican cooking. Prickly pear cactus leaves. Corn in the husk.

The center of the store has the usual cases for cold and frozen foods. The front section has bottled drinks to include alcoholic.

And great prices. We ordered hot food to go that will give us two meals each for $20. All the other things we bought, to include several fruit containers came to $40 and change. Almost the same as I would pay at the local military commissary with a much winder assortment of goods.

So. Why am I writing this? I guess so that one or more of you might go to one near you to see just what they have to offer. In my experience, every one of them has a place where you can buy fresh-cooked goods to try right there in their seating area. Thereā€™s lots of them here in Las Vegas and Iā€™ll bet some in just about every town and city across the country.

Try one out and tell us what you think.

If you are in Texas, and want to go to a place like that, Amigo's supermarkets are like that.

And yeah, I used to go there regularly to get hot meals to go. At least, until another Mexican place opened up called El Giro. El Giro has really decent prices, and their food is considered by Texas magazine to be some of the best tacos in Texas.

Yep. I highly recommend Mexican supermarkets. They are wonderful places to try new types of food.

If you are in Texas, and want to go to a place like that, Amigo's supermarkets are like that.

And yeah, I used to go there regularly to get hot meals to go. At least, until another Mexican place opened up called El Giro. El Giro has really decent prices, and their food is considered by Texas magazine to be some of the best tacos in Texas.

Yep. I highly recommend Mexican supermarkets. They are wonderful places to try new types of food.

When I am in the neighborhood with a Mexican supermarket I often go to them. But in my neighborhood I go to my local Chinese supermarket- which is fantastic. Great selection of fish, good pork- but best of all the price of their produce is literally half the price of the chain supermarkets.

348s.jpg

My wife took me shopping with her to her favorite supermarket. I had been inside before but something about this morningā€™s visit caught my attention.

It is an awesome place.

Just to the right inside the door is a glass case of just about every kind of bread, roll, and pastry you can think of. Just beyond that is the bakery where they are made. To the right of that is a restaurant, again with a huge variety of Mexican foods. They also serve freshly made, healthy juices. Behind that is the tortilleria where fresh tortillas are made.

Facing the restaurant is an area where they serve a huge variety of fruits ready for consumption, along with more fresh fruit juices.

A very large dairy section fills the right rear of the store. Next to that is a butcher area starting off with fresh shrimp and an amazing assortment of fish on ice. Next to that is section after section of every meat cut imaginable, followed by a huge assortment of poultry.

web1_sbaloans_nov29-13jk_05_0.jpg

The back left is the produce section. Every vegetable you could ever ask for to include a whole lot of those specific to Mexican cooking. Prickly pear cactus leaves. Corn in the husk.

The center of the store has the usual cases for cold and frozen foods. The front section has bottled drinks to include alcoholic.

And great prices. We ordered hot food to go that will give us two meals each for $20. All the other things we bought, to include several fruit containers came to $40 and change. Almost the same as I would pay at the local military commissary with a much winder assortment of goods.

So. Why am I writing this? I guess so that one or more of you might go to one near you to see just what they have to offer. In my experience, every one of them has a place where you can buy fresh-cooked goods to try right there in their seating area. Thereā€™s lots of them here in Las Vegas and Iā€™ll bet some in just about every town and city across the country.

Try one out and tell us what you think.
I've been to an Indian place like that, they had a fast-food restaurant/canteen, which was pretty big, not as big as the supermarket, but it was cheap and they had great food.

`
In Milwaukee, there is a small chain of Mexican grocers called "El Rey." Their bakery, deli, fruits, meats, seafood and veggies are awesome and fresh. A tad bit more expensive but variety and quality make up for it.

Forum List

Back