🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mexico Agreed on Border Actions Months Before Deal

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
It would appear that Trump's tariff's got nothing really...and this is just a face-saving gesture:

Mexico Agreed to Take Border Actions Months Before Trump Announced Tariff Deal

" The deal to avert tariffs that President Trump announced with great fanfare on Friday night consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take in prior discussions with the United States over the past several months, according to officials from both countries who are familiar with the negotiations.
Friday’s joint declaration says Mexico agreed to the “deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border.” But the Mexican government had already pledged to do that in March during secret talks in Miami between Kirstjen Nielsen, then the secretary of homeland security, and Olga Sanchez, the Mexican secretary of the interior, the officials said.
The centerpiece of Mr. Trump’s deal was an expansion of a program to allow asylum-seekers to remain in Mexico while their legal cases proceed. But that arrangement was first reached in December in a pair of painstakingly negotiated diplomatic notes that the two countries exchanged. Ms. Nielsen announced the Migrant Protection Protocols during a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee five days before Christmas.
And over the past week, negotiators failed to persuade Mexico to accept a “safe third country” treaty that would have given the United States the legal ability to reject asylum seekers if they had not sought refuge in Mexico first"

Now don't get me wrong..I'm in favor of this action..not that I'm all that hopeful that anything actually comes of it--but to say that the tariff threat somehow 'won' anything...is another misrepresentation.

They had not followed through on their promises. This last week they have done more than in months, due to the tariff threat.

It would appear that Trump's tariff's got nothing really...and this is just a face-saving gesture:

" The deal to avert tariffs that President Trump announced with great fanfare on Friday night consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take in prior discussions with the United States over the past several months, according to officials from both countries who are familiar with the negotiations.
Friday’s joint declaration says Mexico agreed to the “deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border.” But the Mexican government had already pledged to do that in March during secret talks in Miami between Kirstjen Nielsen, then the secretary of homeland security, and Olga Sanchez, the Mexican secretary of the interior, the officials said.
The centerpiece of Mr. Trump’s deal was an expansion of a program to allow asylum-seekers to remain in Mexico while their legal cases proceed. But that arrangement was first reached in December in a pair of painstakingly negotiated diplomatic notes that the two countries exchanged. Ms. Nielsen announced the Migrant Protection Protocols during a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee five days before Christmas.
And over the past week, negotiators failed to persuade Mexico to accept a “safe third country” treaty that would have given the United States the legal ability to reject asylum seekers if they had not sought refuge in Mexico first"

Now don't get me wrong..I'm in favor of this action..not that I'm all that hopeful that anything actually comes of it--but to say that the tariff threat somehow 'won' anything...is another misrepresentation.
so the problem for you is that trump is getting credit way to late? and why is the media just now reporting this? why were the hiding this information for so long?

so the problem for you is that trump is getting credit way to late? and why is the media just now reporting this? why were the hiding this information for so long?
My problem..such as it is..is that i believe that this is just another dog and pony show..and that 6 months from now..nothing will have changed.

"Now don't get me wrong..I'm in favor of this action..not that I'm all that hopeful that anything actually comes of it--but to say that the tariff threat somehow 'won' anything...is another misrepresentation."
It was an agreement to get the border back under control, and it beats people on either side of the border saying unpleasant things about each other. If I were the President, and I got that much guff off them, we'd be occupying the entire Baja peninsula to put all the people Mexico was sending up here back in a climate they'd do best in, considering warm weather most of the year is nothing like seasonal weather, unless you live at 13,000m^. Other things we could do would be to take information and assess the refuges, and their assets. Then we'd figure out how much they needed from us for their family to survive on while the adults sought work. Then we'd call on Mexico to pay out sustenance funds for the people for 5 years @~$9,000 a head for children and $12,000 for adults. If they balked, we'd figure out how many people have arrived here, the amount of money it took to sustain them until they were pulling their own weight, calculate the gross amount into land values for all the territory below the border. When the amount was agreed upon, we'd simply expropriate lands equivalent to what Mexico failed to expend on its own poverty cases, since it only has two classes--the superrich, and then everybodyelse. The acreages would be plotted out along the southern US border, fenced off, and given to the people who came here illegally, to be at once and forever incorporated into US land. I don't think Mexico would go with my deal, they better be glad they are dealing with a simple business deal made by an experienced businessman who does things in an orderly, acceptable way. :woohoo:

Which comes as a surprise to no one – this was just another Trump con, another manufactured ‘crisis.’

Anonymous source....yawn

If you bothered to turn off Fox News & get a real news, you would have already known this.
When your ilk make comments like that you have no idea as to how much of an admission you’re making of your own lack of perspective.
Everyone who consults the Internet is bombarded with left wing-biased news. It’s unavoidable. It’s on the front or periphery of every feed.
Those who consult Fox News, et al, expand their perspective.
You admit your own lack of perspective.

Sad spin, bub.

Mexico didn't actually take proper action until Trump threatened using the Tariff Hammer. Declaring victory for someone just mouthing agreement is an Obabble maneuver...and how we ended up with the hideous Iran agreement (which Trump cancelled), and the NORKs expanding their nuke program on The Won's watch.

NYT sourcing an anonymous source.
What could possibly go wrong here? :)

" consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take"

Horse shit. EVERY TREATY involves things that were largely 'already promised', lol. this is a huige nothingburger, once again.

just more 'Orange Man Bad' spin.

My problem..such as it is..is that i believe that this is just another dog and pony show..and that 6 months from now..nothing will have changed.
In that case you are pretty fucking retarded.

Welcome to my ignore list, I don't have time to waste on morons.

In that case you are pretty fucking retarded.

Welcome to my ignore list, I don't have time to waste on morons.
Thank you..and likewise, I'm sure. In six months..when nothing has changed...I'm sure you will not even remember that someone pointed it out...Oh well..an ostrich is an ostrich---not much one can do.

Forum List

Back