Miami's Smallest Police Forces Got M16s, Armored Cars, and Grenade Launchers From Military

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
There is no need for some of these small town police forces to have any type of a mine-resistant vehicle. The small departments are just loading up on military toys, they should at least have to justify their need. Why in hell would FIU "Florida International University" need 50 M16 assault rifles and a mine-resistant vehicl for their .campus police force?

Miami s Smallest Police Forces Got M16s Armored Cars and Grenade Launchers From Military Miami New Times

What authority do you possess to say what a police department needs?

There is no need for some of these small town police forces to have any type of a mine-resistant vehicle. The small departments are just loading up on military toys, they should at least have to justify their need. Why in hell would FIU "Florida International University" need 50 M16 assault rifles and a mine-resistant vehicl for their .campus police force?

Miami s Smallest Police Forces Got M16s Armored Cars and Grenade Launchers From Military Miami New Times

Lonestar logic said:

Constitution for the United States - We the People

Lonestar logic said:

Constitution for the United States - We the People

Highlight the specific part that addresses police department needs.

American Tax Payer is my authority
Remember they are public servants and work for the taxpayer.
They have to account to the public for their actions.

Lonestar logic said:

a bunch of things you don't want bumping into you on a first date said:

Lonestar logic said:

That wasn't your first question.

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

And yes, The US Constitution gives us the Right to say what those people whom we pay to keep the peace need. :thup:

Lonestar logic said:

Lonestar logic said:

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

And yes, The US Constitution gives us the Right to say what those people whom we pay to keep the peace need. :thup:

No it doesn't. You have the right to say anything you wish but no authority to decide what any governmental agency needs.

People of your ilk get dumber by the day.

They really listen to you huh?

pfffft......what a dumbass you are.

Lonestar logic said:

Lonestar logic said:

something that might never hide but always runs said:

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

a gang of mischievously winking sharts said:

Lonestar logic said:
No it doesn't. You have the right to say anything you wish but no authority to decide what any governmental agency needs.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand this quote of yours perfectly exemplifies why you're gonna love it when the Chinese finally invade, smart guy. :badgrin:

Nice, but those days are long gone.
You'll never NEVER get them to give those weapons and MRAP 's up. Ask them how many cops have been killed by "mines" in america? LMAO..but they "need" them....just in case, no doubt...

I hear they make nice ovens.

Lonestar logic said:

Lonestar logic said:

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

From your attitude you must be a LEO and believe that police departments should have carte blanche on the types of equipment they should be able to acquire. Sorry, to bust your bubble but there should be limits on
the firepower local law enforcement should have, That limit should be set by the City Counsel, and the city counsel is accountable to the voters. That is how it works in America.

Nice, but those days are long gone.
You'll never NEVER get them to give those weapons and MRAP 's up. Ask them how many cops have been killed by "mines" in america? LMAO..but they "need" them....just in case, no doubt...

I hear they make nice ovens.

As far as the MRAP 's go I hear they are not very reliable and require lots of maintenance. That means that the departments will show them off as long as they are running. Once they break they will become rusting hulks in the Police parking lots.

There is no need for some of these small town police forces to have any type of a mine-resistant vehicle. The small departments are just loading up on military toys, they should at least have to justify their need. Why in hell would FIU o"Florida International University" need 50 M16 assault rifles and a mine-resistant vehicl for their .campus police force?

Remember Virginia Tech?

They really listen to you huh?

pfffft......what a dumbass you are.

Exactly..that's the problem. gvt is out of control.

It'll change, though.

There is no need for some of these small town police forces to have any type of a mine-resistant vehicle. The small departments are just loading up on military toys, they should at least have to justify their need. Why in hell would FIU o"Florida International University" need 50 M16 assault rifles and a mine-resistant vehicl for their .campus police force?

Remember Virginia Tech?

Sock. :badgrin:

Lonestar logic said:

Lonestar logic said:

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

From your attitude you must be a LEO and believe that police departments should have carte blanche on the types of equipment they should be able to acquire. Sorry, to bust your bubble but there should be limits on
the firepower local law enforcement should have, That limit should be set by the City Counsel, and the city counsel is accountable to the voters. That is how it works in America.

Who would be better to know what equipment is needed besides those that actually do the work?

It would be like me telling you what you did or didn't need to effectively perform your job.

In any potential firefight you want a superior weapon.

Yes that is how it works, it doesn't work by peons like yourself telling them what they do or do not need. It's obvious in this case the city council approved of the equipment.

The department request certain equipment and explains why they believe they need it. The city council discusses it and votes one way or the other. That is how it's done in most cities.

Worry about what's going on in YOUR town and let others worry about theirs.

Lonestar logic said:

Lonestar logic said:

something that might never hide but always runs said:

Again, you said:

Lonestar logic said:

a gang of mischievously winking sharts said:

Lonestar logic said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand this quote of yours perfectly exemplifies why you're gonna love it when the Chinese finally invade, smart guy. :badgrin:

Chinese are going to invade?

Cool!

Forum List

Back