Michael Savage Attacks U.S. Veterans Suffering From PTSD

Well, his rant aside. He is out to make money the same way Glenn Beck is, so insulting or offending people seems to be the way he keeps listeners among the far right.

But I think most veterans would take a very dim view of basically being called 'cowards' or 'weak' because they have PTSD or depression.

Sure if Savage ever got in a fight with one of the vets he hates, he would find himself knocked out and missing teeth. Savage is the real 'coward', as I dare him to be so disrespectful in a vets face.

I read the whole transcript. The screaming headline doesn't match his rant.

I get him before Levin on WLS and he's made some solid points lately regarding suicide and how individuals, celebrities in particular lately have almost been held in high esteem for killing themselves.

It's been macabre how the media has dealt with the suicides. L'Wren Scott and Robin Williams were really zeroed in on and everyone and their freaking mother was jumping in with their arm chair assessments ad nauseam.

Good grief. It was over the top. I know I kept changing the dial to hear how wonderous their lives were and remember especially Williams for all the joy he gave the world.To embrace the good.

And as far a Savage's rants go it's actually his delivery. Just the way he talks. Sounds the same when he's discussing wine or opera or his favorite restaurants.

:lol:

Savage is a huge supporter of the Military OP. Do some research. He funded/paid to help our soldiers in the recent past.

He created a tax deduction which makes it all OK. PLEASE!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, Mikey "Savage" Weiner, the guy who sat out Vietnam so that he could go skinny dipping, do drugs and pursue a failed attempt to be Allen Ginsberg's groupie, is really in a position to lecture the troops on their service.

Michael Savage s Disgusting Rant PTSD And Depression Sufferers Are Weak Narcissistic Losers Blog Media Matters for America
Yes, Weiner was a big Liberal until he failed to get a promotion at UC Berkeley that he thought he should have gotten. He blamed it on Affirmative Action and became a Right Wing Nut.

Yes, Weiner was a big Liberal until he failed to get a promotion at UC Berkeley that he thought he should have gotten. He blamed it on Affirmative Action and became a Right Wing Nut.

He's an opportunist that panders to the ignorant.

I heard the Savage dialogue. He did no such of a thing. Media Matters is not to be trusted. They want Savage silenced.

Savage is a huge supporter of the Military OP. Do some research. He funded/paid to help our soldiers in the recent past.

HOLY COW it's 2014 and someone takes the side of Michael Savage? It is TRUELY, a Savage Nation.......

Savage supports the troops all the time, if you put the exerpt in context with that, and the fact that his ranting was more generalized than the OP lets on, its really not so much of a big deal. I hear him from time to time and gets carried away on a tangent , easy to do when you have to talk constantly for 3 hours, Personally I think his attitude over Robin Williams was wrong, cause I think he was a great guy in RL from everything ive heard, Cant be right about everything all the time. Every talk host is going to put their foot in their mouth at some point.

Savage was a New York social worker, and a naturalist. Leftys should love him right? he earned his carbon credits a long time ago

HOLY COW it's 2014 and someone takes the side of Michael Savage? It is TRUELY, a Savage Nation.......

Well, it is true he doesnt have any listeners, how could that happen?

Bikers still listen. He never lost them. They love his anarchy, his chaos, his hate, his anger.

Because thinking is hard.

I read the whole transcript. The screaming headline doesn't match his rant.

I get him before Levin on WLS and he's made some solid points lately regarding suicide and how individuals, celebrities in particular lately have almost been held in high esteem for killing themselves.

It's been macabre how the media has dealt with the suicides. L'Wren Scott and Robin Williams were really zeroed in on and everyone and their freaking mother was jumping in with their arm chair assessments ad nauseam.

Good grief. It was over the top. I know I kept changing the dial to hear how wonderous their lives were and remember especially Williams for all the joy he gave the world.To embrace the good.

And as far a Savage's rants go it's actually his delivery. Just the way he talks. Sounds the same when he's discussing wine or opera or his favorite restaurants.

:lol:

First rational post in this thread.

I read the transcript in full, and listened to the monologue. As a retired military officer, I have to say I agree with him. Context is important. Parsing and failing to even attempt to understand, is weak and shallow and in this case, only meant to dismiss and divide.

And the OP's comments about naked swimming and Ginsberg is hilarious, and only proves that people will believe anything that suites their notions. Truth isn't important, it's how many links can they find on Google is what is important, right?

Last edited:
People with PTSD and depression do need to choose to learn to impliment the Willpower necessary to combat it.

I do think the PTSD thing is overplayed. How did we ever manage before? I think there are genuine cases and should taken seriously but how is it that so many survived before without the treatments and medication. WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, etc. and somehow soldiers assimilated and went on to productive lives. We are becoming a nation of victims and big pharma is raking in cash like never before.

Forum List

Back