Michelle Obama flubs, calls herself a "busy single mother"

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Freudian slip? Stereotyping?

Michelle Obama flubs, calls herself a "busy single mother" - CBS News Video

During an interview with Burlington, Vt. CBS affiliate WCAX, first lady Michelle Obama described herself as a "busy single mother" before quickly correcting herself, explaining, "Sometimes when you've got the husband who's president, it can feel a little single, but he's there."

Last edited:
Is life in America so trivial, so mundane, so partisan that this requires posting? When did a bit of commentary on a busy life become a sort of dog whistle racist reference of the empty headed? How boring life must be for some. "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Is life in America so trivial, so mundane, so partisan that this requires posting? When did a bit of commentary on a busy life become a sort of dog whistle racist reference of the empty headed? How boring life must be for some. "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Sure why not? Bush would have received the same treatment, I only want to be fair.

Sometimes we just need something we can laugh about.

During an interview with Burlington, Vt. CBS affiliate WCAX, first lady Michelle Obama described herself as a "busy single mother" before quickly correcting herself, explaining, "Sometimes when you've got the husband who's president, it can feel a little single, but he's there."

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So that is what is in her heart perhaps. If it is it wouldn't be any different from millions of other women who are perhaps still living under same roof but long ago became single in their hearts for whatever reason. I don't find her saying this to be a bad reflection on her. She is merely stating how she perceives herself in my opinion. I don't have a problem with it. It has nothing to do with the state of this country I'm sure! lol. - Jeremiah

Sure why not? Bush would have received the same treatment, I only want to be fair.

That's because Bush did it with every other sentence, and they were actually hilarious. This one is just.... meh. Find me something actually funny.

That's because Bush did it with every other sentence, and they were actually hilarious. This one is just.... meh. Find me something actually funny.

Oh, you mean you think she actually meant it? Yeah that ain't too funny after all.

Her explanation was funnier than the slip.

Her explanation was funnier than the slip.

Yeah, no other husband works for a living.

Those flubs are great you betcha!

Remember when Condi Rice called George W. Bush her husband?

The hilarity never ends in politics!

The Obama's would say they were from Mars if they thought it would get a couple of votes from their Martian base.

Oooo...very serious stuff this. I applaud you for bringing it to our attention.

Or Obama calling military "corpse men"?

so it's racist to make fun of a mistake?

Or Bush saying he was working to destroy the nation?

Or Bush saying he was working to destroy the nation?

Or Obama saying Bush was "unpatriotic" for deficits of $300 billion. BTW, Bush sucks, so my insulting your guy and you insulting a guy I call one of the worst presidents in our history isn't exactly a problem for me.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So that is what is in her heart perhaps. If it is it wouldn't be any different from millions of other women who are perhaps still living under same roof but long ago became single in their hearts for whatever reason. I don't find her saying this to be a bad reflection on her. She is merely stating how she perceives herself in my opinion. I don't have a problem with it. It has nothing to do with the state of this country I'm sure! lol. - Jeremiah

And Obama claims to be a 'hands on dad.'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEU7bRlJXc]Obama: Being a hands-on dad - YouTube[/ame]

So who's raising the kids? My guess is that Jeremiah Wright and Jesse Jackson have married and adopted the Obama kids.

Man the bitch gave hubby a bitch slap all the way back to Africa!

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEU7bRlJXc]Obama: Being a hands-on dad - YouTube[/ame]

So who's raising the kids? My guess is that Jeremiah Wright and Jesse Jackson have married and adopted the Obama kids.

Man she gave huggy a bitch slap back to Africa!

By "hands on" mean meant he has someone on his staff take care of it.

Wistful thinking....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEU7bRlJXc"]Obama: Being a hands-on dad - YouTube[/ame]

Man she gave huggy a bitch slap back to Africa!

By "hands on" mean meant he has someone on his staff take care of it.

exactally, that what rich people do....somehow liberals dont think rich liberals are rich and see the hypocrisy in their actions.....it's funny seeing them bitch about the 1% and are being told by people like Obama to hate the 1%, when he and his buddies ARE the 1%.

Forum List

Back