Michelle Wants Kids to Monitor Family for Racism

"Traditional" families punish kids by beating them? You can save that tradition, thanks.

Traditional families employ corporal punishment as a means to ensure that children and wives learn the lesson the first time rather than having to repeat it on multiple occasions.

"Traditional" families are like that dimwad this week who's email was exposed to be calling Obama a ******, and if he's challenged by a kid who is smarter than he is the kid gets his ass kicked? You can save that tradition, thanks.

Children are PROPERTY until the point where they are capable of supporting themselves. Until that point in time they do not have opinions or views of their own.

You are like a dream come true..

Michelle and her family needs to stay out of my home..

Media silent as Michelle Obama tells students to monitor families for racism - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

It almost sounds like something straight out of George Orwell's "1984." While speaking to high school graduates in Topeka, Kansas, First Lady Michelle Obama said students should monitor family members, friends and co-workers for racially insensitive remarks and correct them as needed, The Blaze reported Monday. Aside from The Blaze and various conservative blogs, no mainstream media outlet reported the comments as of this writing.

Obama also referenced this in remarks published on the White House website, The Blaze added.

“[O]ur laws may no longer separate us based on our skin color, but nothing in the Constitution says we have to eat together in the lunchroom, or live together in the same neighborhoods,” the first lady said. “There’s no court case against believing in stereotypes or thinking that certain kinds of hateful jokes or comments are funny.”

She asked students to “drag my generation and your grandparents’ generation along with you” in the fight against racism.

“Maybe that starts simply in your own family, when grandpa tells that off-colored joke at Thanksgiving, or you’ve got an aunt [that] talks about ‘those people,’” she added. “Well, you can politely inform them that they’re talking about your friends."

Radio talk show host Glenn Beck noted Obama's comments and sarcastically wondered if segregation was making a comeback under the radar.

"Michelle Obama gave a speech where… they’re worried about segregation again, and I don’t think that that was something that any of us worried about six years ago,” he said. “Was anybody on the, ‘Hey, we might all be segregated again?’ I don’t know. It’s strange how their policies to bring us all together is just driving a stake in our heart and a wedge between all of us.”

Obama is promoting what amounts to block monitors within the family, a favorite tactic of Stalinists and PC Nazis of the past century.

Why you being a massive racist in your home?

this is what the Obama's want of your children...I see it as brainwashing when they speak

[ame=http://youtu.be/E1QiSi0_kTo]Militant Obama youth march to 'Alpha, Omega' chant.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Media silent as Michelle Obama tells students to monitor families for racism - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

It almost sounds like something straight out of George Orwell's "1984." While speaking to high school graduates in Topeka, Kansas, First Lady Michelle Obama said students should monitor family members, friends and co-workers for racially insensitive remarks and correct them as needed, The Blaze reported Monday. Aside from The Blaze and various conservative blogs, no mainstream media outlet reported the comments as of this writing.

Obama also referenced this in remarks published on the White House website, The Blaze added.

“[O]ur laws may no longer separate us based on our skin color, but nothing in the Constitution says we have to eat together in the lunchroom, or live together in the same neighborhoods,” the first lady said. “There’s no court case against believing in stereotypes or thinking that certain kinds of hateful jokes or comments are funny.”

She asked students to “drag my generation and your grandparents’ generation along with you” in the fight against racism.

“Maybe that starts simply in your own family, when grandpa tells that off-colored joke at Thanksgiving, or you’ve got an aunt [that] talks about ‘those people,’” she added. “Well, you can politely inform them that they’re talking about your friends."

Radio talk show host Glenn Beck noted Obama's comments and sarcastically wondered if segregation was making a comeback under the radar.

"Michelle Obama gave a speech where… they’re worried about segregation again, and I don’t think that that was something that any of us worried about six years ago,” he said. “Was anybody on the, ‘Hey, we might all be segregated again?’ I don’t know. It’s strange how their policies to bring us all together is just driving a stake in our heart and a wedge between all of us.”

Obama is promoting what amounts to block monitors within the family, a favorite tactic of Stalinists and PC Nazis of the past century.

The first thing I thought when I read this was Hitler Youth.

Mao and the Cultural Revolution was what immediately came to my mind.

We're at the point where kids are being encouraged to turn their parents in for thoughtcrime. :doubt:

That was either a very poor attempt at humor or a very good attempt at being stupid.

I do not believe in humor or sarcasm as appropriate means of communication, Unkotoare. You will never see me use either one in conversation. Life is a serious business and always will be. There is no place in it for humor, sarcasm, or people who cannot follow the proper rules of society and the family.

Ah, so you're going for one of those long, drawn-out jokes that you think will become funnier the more often you repeat it. Small children seem to enjoy that sort of humor.

Please source your claim the Nazi's were asking the children to report - what was it they were to report. Were you there? And if you read the piece, the First Lady asked that they challenge not report, kinda like the people here are challenging each other all the time. Another dumb distraction from the right wing clown car.

Children who "challenge" parents deserve the back of the hand across the mouth. The last thing parents are going to tolerate is a smart mouth kid telling them what to do.

I think they 'talk' about things. Some families do. I wouldn't really know much about that--my family argues. We cannot talk about a lot of things --racism being one.

It is almost more than I can stand. fyi.

An African American man just came to cut my 93 yr old mother's grass. He is as kind of a human as anyone can be. So many kind people of all kinds.

Yes there are kind people in this world of all stripes and vice versa. But that has nothing to do with the topic. A child challenging their parent is never a good idea and I am willing to bet the Obama's wouldn't appreciate it from their own children.

As rare as they may be--I do think there are families that discuss issues--children ask questions--not certain that is challenging authority. I can't explain.

Had I asked these sort of questions---to my father in the early 60's---I really don't know what he would have said or done--I almost wish I had.

Go to church---and we did---'love others'--that was supposed to be the unifying philosophy in my family. Never understood 'the hatred'---lots of problems still from that.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything different from Michelle Obama--don't really agree. fwiw.

I don't know what the 'answer' is ---just know I have to hold onto something positive.

What Michelle was proposing wasn't for the kids to simply "ask questions" but to challenge and correct. There is a big difference. My children have always been free to ask questions, but they would never challenge me or attempt to correct me.

all I can do is accept that there is 'freedom of speech'.

I rarely agree these days--no matter who is saying what.

'Some' are able to do this --I want to get to that point.

A political figure made a speech. Some of what she said was acceptable to me.

That's that.

Sometimes I listen to ideas that I cannot agree with at all. Almost everything that I see on TV---do I like it---no--do I have any right to 'challenge' it--probably not. I can only try to live in accordance with my own values. It is difficult.

We want 'freedom' and this is it.

Yes there are kind people in this world of all stripes and vice versa. But that has nothing to do with the topic. A child challenging their parent is never a good idea and I am willing to bet the Obama's wouldn't appreciate it from their own children.

As rare as they may be--I do think there are families that discuss issues--children ask questions--not certain that is challenging authority. I can't explain.

Had I asked these sort of questions---to my father in the early 60's---I really don't know what he would have said or done--I almost wish I had.

Go to church---and we did---'love others'--that was supposed to be the unifying philosophy in my family. Never understood 'the hatred'---lots of problems still from that.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything different from Michelle Obama--don't really agree. fwiw.

I don't know what the 'answer' is ---just know I have to hold onto something positive.

What Michelle was proposing wasn't for the kids to simply "ask questions" but to challenge and correct. There is a big difference. My children have always been free to ask questions, but they would never challenge me or attempt to correct me.

maybe so. The word 'challenge'--not to get into a discussion of that.

I guess I did 'challenge'---in my own mind. Would have loved to ask my father and others --Why are you saying this---was too afraid. My aunt used to tell some stories---never made any sense. So the reasons wouldn't have mattered or made sense to me.

I don't recommend this---fyi. I ended up asking others---something I learned --just not to be discussed.

So--'respect others'---I have to go with that. Just me. Not told by anyone else on earth.

~~~~
a strange phenomena for my family--my aunt 'the most outspoken' on anything. For years---homosexuality was also a hot topic. No more---two gay men were kind to her---now it just doesn't matter. What I thought as a child---and was told I was 'out of my mind'. fwiw.

What really matters--I think about that a lot. Should politics dictate my life?

Last edited:
This is way beyond telling children to just say no

or talking about reading

I don't need this type of advice given to my children from a First lady

I'm sorry, but I find the Obama's awful people

This is way beyond telling children to just say no

or talking about reading

I don't need this type of advice given to my children from a First lady

I'm sorry, but I find the Obama's awful people

It is not what I would have ever dreamed would happen, I can tell you that.

I feel like crying and I think I will.

On an intellectual level--if I even have one anymore--I suppose I can understand her POV.
and I suppose if she met me--she would have little regard for me---I don't know. I just don't know--that doesn't seem right.

all I can say. It is ridiculous to think her suggestions would work. 'Develop your own beliefs and live accordingly'--about all that can really be said.

but--she was speaking in Kansas--'Brown v.' --a perfect opportunity for her platform.

ok.

let me go find my Kleenex. 50 years of this gets to be too much.

Last edited:
That was either a very poor attempt at humor or a very good attempt at being stupid.

I do not believe in humor or sarcasm as appropriate means of communication, Unkotoare. You will never see me use either one in conversation. Life is a serious business and always will be. There is no place in it for humor, sarcasm, or people who cannot follow the proper rules of society and the family.

Then your life has been and will be missing so many wonderful events.

Sieg Heil! hey, this kind of crap worked for hitler. Stalin, Mao, Jong, why shouldn't it work here?

She was talking to high school graduates, not elementary school kids. They are either already adults or just on the cusp of adulthood. So this whole 'kids don't correct their parents' thing is a bit overblown.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Obama overstepped herself in her speech, but did she really say that kids should turn in their parents? I don't see that. She gave some unasked for advice. Perhaps it was bad advice, but I don't see that it went further than that.

And really, would it be so terrible for a high school graduate, upon hearing a bigoted or racist remark from a family member, to tell that person that they are speaking of a friend?

This thread seems to fall into the 'mountain out of a mole hill' category.

She was talking to high school graduates, not elementary school kids. They are either already adults or just on the cusp of adulthood. So this whole 'kids don't correct their parents' thing is a bit overblown.....

.....And really, would it be so terrible for a high school graduate, upon hearing a bigoted or racist remark from a family member, to tell that person that they are speaking of a friend?

I was 27 at the time my father passed away and had been living on my own for some time. I would still never have attempted to correct him on anything. There is a respect for one's elders and betters that this nation has lost, much to our detriment.

It sounds pretty Stalinesque to me to have a household in which the kids are informants against their parents for Thought and Speech "crimes".

Forum List

Back