Microsoft's "Copilot"....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I booted up yesterday and noticed a new icon in the tray...

download.jpg

No explanation of what it is, just sitting there.
Well - it is an AI assistant, or at least pretending to be. Or is it just Cortona without a voice?

I have used it a couple times, somewhat useful, but honestly searching with Google is easier,,, maybe.
As an example, I wanted a chart with the CPI index overlayed with real wages. So I told it that/
It returned with a 3 paragraph instruction on two sources where you can get that data, and then how to use excel to make the chart. Instead of just showing me the chart.
I Googled the exact same phrase - and got an image of the chart. But, Google didn't provide a customizable chart.

The difference between the two - is Google gave me the chart I wanted.
Copilot told me how I could make it myself using live data from a government site. Therefore fully customizable.

Both useful actually.

I have had it for a few weeks. Mostly just using to make emails sound more professional faster.

Not that the thread is about this, but nevertheless a threat that A.I. imposes.....

Because I have been in the print businesses for over 20 years, I can convert fractions to their decimal equivalents in my mind. (Example 5/8" = .625")
Most people cannot do that without a calculator. And never learn it, because.... a calculator.
Writing is the ability to take your thoughts, and put them in words that another person can read and then understand what is in your thoughts.
Using A.I. to write for you will become the norm very-very soon, it is already happening.
And because of that, people will lose the ability to write.

As a side note - CoPilot returns every answer opening up Edge browser, limited to responses from Bing not Google

I actually want to avoid doing that.
Exactly like how calculators took away people's ability to do math in their head, using AI to write will absolutely take away human ability to put thoughts into words.
I reread my emails several times before sending. Make sure the tone, not just the grammar is sharp. I think MSpilot saves me a bit of time per email.

I used chatGPT to brainstorm project names for a major project. In the end I didn’t go with any of its suggestion but it helped me get started faster.

As a side note - CoPilot returns every answer opening up Edge browser, limited to responses from Bing not Google
Doesn’t it auto format power point decks for you as well? I may leverage that today for a project i am starting.

Doesn’t it auto format power point decks for you as well? I may leverage that today for a project i am starting.
Not sure, haven't used it enough yet.
Google is good, but only to a point. Google will give you an answer based on how popular the response is. Which may not even be the right response.
A.I. as I have seen, gives you a more precise answer as well as additional information should you need it.
It is way more in depth than Google, but Google is much faster and more likely to give what you are looking for...since many times we are seeking the same thing other people are also seeking.
Both useful.

It is too literal.
And way-way to verbose.
Ask it a simple question - and it will respond with a 6 paragraph answer with 12 links.

I asked it - "why are the covid vaccines not a true vaccine"
It's response is so obviously altered. It responds not with fact, or any scientific data or comparisons whatsoever.
Just 5 paragraphs at how awesome they were.

AND - GET THIS - one of the sources it listed for it's own answer was.... wait for it.... Wikipedia!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I offer that CoPiloy is not AI at all.
It is merely an algorithmic response to whatever it finds on, likely, preapproved websites.
The fact it sourced Wikipedia as how it arrived to an answer??????
Jesus Christ

I asked it to set up a year end look back at the performance of a business segment we own and it set up a very nice framework with made up data. Would have been easy to substitute some real data and number and turn in as a unique report.

Haven't used it at all but the only thing I use Bing for is Outlook which I almost never use so it gets checked once a month...... Maybe, on a good month.......

The AI is not going to get smart if nobody uses it.

I think Microsoft should pay us to beta test their software. They want something for nothing.

Pay us, you fucking greedy bitches.

Now that some time has went by... CoPilot is a political stooge.
Not using it.
Go ahead and ask it question about Fauci for instance - every answer will be - very obviously - canned, pre-written responses that pretty much make him look like a hero.

No thanks.
Bye

Forum List

Back