🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military pay raise in 2009 was 3.9%, down to 1.3% in 2016. It has increased every year under Trump, now up to 3.1%.

I actually bother to research the candidates and the issues, do you?
So noble, sounds so neat...”Research the candidates”....really?
There’s no need...We know exactly what we have and what to expect from Democrats.

I've always felt that the government has its pay for military service, a bit screwed up. If you look at some guy that trots around a basketball court, getting balls in the net and being paid a fortune for it, with little to no danger to his life, yet in the military, you're willing to literally put your life on the line for your country and thus, should be the one that is paid a fortune for it.

Yep, people don't join the military so that they can get rich, they join for other reasons, travel, patriotism, family tradition, etc. And yeah, I've always thought that we should pay the military more than what we currently do. Did you know that at the paygrade of E-5 and below, military members are poor enough to qualify for WIC? If you have a family and are E-4 or below, you can also qualify for SNAP.

If you are E-4 and below, you shouldn't have a family, but you are absolutely right!

So, you are saying that people with a family should never enlist? I've signed many individuals that have had family who joined the Navy because they wanted to provide for their families.

A side note...I've NEVER EVER known a single ex military man that was a Leftist. What draws you Left?

Not a leftist. I'm an independent. I voted for Bush Jr. his first term (thought he would have learned from his father, but apparently not), and I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for those who I think are capable of doing good for this country. I actually bother to research the candidates and the issues, do you?

Nobody’s buying it bud.
“I swear I’m not a Leftist...I look like one, I speak like one, I post like one, and I always take the position of one but I swear I’m not a Leftist...my typing fingers are.”

I've always felt that the government has its pay for military service, a bit screwed up. If you look at some guy that trots around a basketball court, getting balls in the net and being paid a fortune for it, with little to no danger to his life, yet in the military, you're willing to literally put your life on the line for your country and thus, should be the one that is paid a fortune for it.

Yep, people don't join the military so that they can get rich, they join for other reasons, travel, patriotism, family tradition, etc. And yeah, I've always thought that we should pay the military more than what we currently do. Did you know that at the paygrade of E-5 and below, military members are poor enough to qualify for WIC? If you have a family and are E-4 or below, you can also qualify for SNAP.

If you are E-4 and below, you shouldn't have a family, but you are absolutely right!

So, you are saying that people with a family should never enlist? I've signed many individuals that have had family who joined the Navy because they wanted to provide for their families.
If the military wanted you to have a family, they would issue you one.

I actually bother to research the candidates and the issues, do you?
So noble, sounds so neat...”Research the candidates”....really?
There’s no need...We know exactly what we have and what to expect from Democrats.

A side note...I've NEVER EVER known a single ex military man that was a Leftist. What draws you Left?

Not a leftist. I'm an independent. I voted for Bush Jr. his first term (thought he would have learned from his father, but apparently not), and I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for those who I think are capable of doing good for this country. I actually bother to research the candidates and the issues, do you?

Nobody’s buying it bud.
“I swear I’m not a Leftist...I look like one, I speak like one, I post like one, and I always take the position of one but I swear I’m not a Leftist...my typing fingers are.”

Thanks for showing your biased opinions.

Spoken like a true neanderthal who doesn't understand. Hey, how's tricks going Asshole Rockhead Moron?

Hey stupid, the president isn't the one who determines how much of a pay raise the military gets.

Q.1: How are annual pay raises determined?

A: ECI is the Employment Cost Index, which is a measure of the increase in private-sector wages and salaries. It is calculated by the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics and updated every three months. The ECI, reported each October, is used to determine the pay raise for the next fiscal year. The raise was set at ECI + 1/2% for 2000 through 2006. The FY2004 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) established that the military pay raise will be equal to ECI after 2006. Of course, Congress can enact raises that exceed these percentages as they did for 2008 and 2009.
Hey stupid, he's the one who signs off on it....
What choice does he have? It's all written in to law.

Trump has increased our defense spending by 20% in 2018, with no wars....Why the heck would he do that? And then only give a 2% raise in military pay....?

Spoken like a true neanderthal who doesn't understand. Hey, how's tricks going Asshole Rockhead Moron?

I guess you lied when you talked about being in recruiting. One of the biggest issues in the 80s were dependency waivers for enlistment and they are still today. I first started recruiting in 1987 and now work there again. The problem is still the same. Young married members of the military have been and continue to be a major pain in the posterior. A person with a high school diploma, married, with three kids has no business in the military. They are more problems than what they are worth.

Forum List

Back