Military To Allow Illegal Aliens To Serve

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Military to allow undocumented immigrants to serve

A small number of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. will have an opportunity to join the military for the first time in decades under a new Department of Defense policy unveiled Thursday.

The new rules will expand an existing program allowing recruiters to target foreign nationals with high-demand skills, mostly rare foreign language expertise or specialized health care training.

For the first time, the program — known as Military Accessions in the National Interest, or MAVNI — will be open to immigrants without a proper visa if they came to the U.S. with their parents before age 16. More specifically, they must be approved under a 2012 Obama administration policy known as Deferred Action for Child Arrivals, or DACA.

The new Pentagon policy may be the first phase of a broader government-wide effort to ease pressure on immigrants and create new paths to citizenship. President Barack Obama, frustrated with the failure of Congress to pass any substantial immigration reform, has vowed to aggressively use his presidential authority to change the way immigration policies are carried out.

The Pentagon program is capped at 1,500 recruits per year. Officials say it's unclear how many of those might be unlawful DACA status immigrants as opposed to others who are also eligible for military service under MAVNI, including those with legal, nonpermanent visas such as students or tourists.

Estimates suggest between 1.2 million and 2.1 million children, teenagers and young adults in the U.S. have no legal immigration status but meet the criteria for the DACA program. Those targeted by recruiters under the MAVNI program likely will be immigrants with language skills critical to national security, such as Arabic, Chinese, Pashto or Persian.

Military to allow undocumented immigrants to serve

So far, our CIC has mandated that

a) we send 3,000 troops to Africa to fight the highly contagious disease, Ebola not only risking their own lives but to come back to their families possibly infected, and

b) opened our doors to thousands of scared children without their parents some possibly sick, all non English to usurp our local resources instead of helping them in a familiar environment of their homeland and now

c) opened our military to non-vetted illegals from communist and terrorist nations into our military to work in possible security situations

Isn't there anyone who can stop this mindless man?

I actually like this idea, as long as they can pass a rigorous background check. Service of at least 5 years in exchange for a green card, the 5 years later for citizenship. I would even be willing to extend the green card to their families after 5 years of service.

One of the paths to legalize illegals to me has always been some form of service. 5 years as paid labor in camps, and they get a green card.

I actually like this idea, as long as they can pass a rigorous background check. Service of at least 5 years in exchange for a green card, the 5 years later for citizenship. I would even be willing to extend the green card to their families after 5 years of service.

One of the paths to legalize illegals to me has always been some form of service. 5 years as paid labor in camps, and they get a green card.

I can't help but think the rigorous background check will be flawed. No one was supposed to get through the fence to the WH doors. The Ft. Hood psychiatrist went through a vigorous background check. Our security s=ystems are not up to snuff.

Illegal immigrants will have no problem turning their weapons on Americans if asked. They don't think of them as fellow countrymen.

I can't help but think the rigorous background check will be flawed. No one was supposed to get through the fence to the WH doors. The Ft. Hood psychiatrist went through a vigorous background check. Our security s=ystems are not up to snuff.

The Ft Hood guy being able to shoot up the place wasn't due to a background check issue, they guy was acting nutters for months before he went all ape-shit.

We could even create the equivalent of the French Foreign Legion. US Citizen officers, Non US citizen enlisted men. Keep them out of the US, serving overseas.

If recruited for anything it should be in a mercenary army to fight ISIS. I don't want to see them in our armed forces. Another gateway masquerade.

Latins are tough hombres...small and strong is ideal for infantry and they'd have something to prove to us and themselves. I have no problem with this as long as their numbers don't get out of hand. :eusa_shifty:

Seems like a great idea

Just like it was a great idea when Bush proposed it

"Military To Allow Illegal Aliens To Serve"

It is obvious that the military only wants their anti-gravity propulsion system.

Latins are tough hombres...small and strong is ideal for infantry and they'd have something to prove to us and themselves. I have no problem with this as long as their numbers don't get out of hand. :eusa_shifty:
No Latinos would be eligible for the program and no one in the program will go infantry.

Better than illegals going into under the counter jobs, drugs or crime.

Yep, and added benefits are them getting adjusted to a structured environment, getting inoculations, dental care and nutritious food. And of course the training required to someday take back their home country from the mehican elite families. Only a revolution in Mehico can end this invasion of poor people running from the drug cartels and crooked cops.

Let's review.
For normal enlistment, you have to fit one of the following categories:
  • U.S. Citizen
  • U.S. National (residents of American Samoa)
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Alien (Green Card holders)
  • Citizen of Micronesia
  • Citizen of Palau
  • Citizen of the Marshall Islands.
The MAVNI program (instituted in 2008 under President G.W. Bush) expanded that to non Green Card Holders who spoke the following languages:
Albanian
Amharic
Arabic
Azerbaijani
Bengali
Burmese
Cebuano
Cambodian-Khmer
Chinese
Czech
French (with citizenship from an African Country)
Georgian
Haitian Creole
Hausa
Hindi
Igbo
Indonesian
Korean
Kurdish
Lao
Malay
Malayalam
Moro (Tausug/Maranao/Maguindanao)
Nepalese
Pashto
Persian Dari
Persian Farsi
Portuguese
Punjabi
Russian
Sindhi
Serbo-Croatian
Singhalese
Somali
Swahili
Tagalog
Tajik
Tamil
Thai
Turkish
Turkmen
Urdu (with citizenship from Pakistan or Afghanistan)
Uzbek
Yoruba

I believe currently only some dialects of Arabic, Farsi, and Pashto are eligible.

What is happening now is that it's going beyond just non-green card holders, but those without any documentation.

I don't see any real issues.

No Latinos would be eligible for the program and no one in the program will go infantry.

Why's that?
Because they don't speak Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, or Pashto. And the MAVNI program is for 09L translaters, not 11B/11C infantry. We already have plenty of Spanish speakers, including in the infantry.

Did you read the OP? It's being reported thousands of active duty Troop are being rotated out to be replaced by Barry's beaners. There are no rules with this pinhead in the WH.

Paying the Visigoths and Alemanni and Vandals to man the Limes for us?
tongue_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Why's that?
Because they don't speak Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, or Pashto. And the MAVNI program is for 09L translaters, not 11B/11C infantry. We already have plenty of Spanish speakers, including in the infantry.

Did you read the OP? It's being reported thousands of active duty Troop are being rotated out to be replaced by Barry's beaners. There are no rules with this pinhead in the WH.
I read the OP. You apparently did not. There is nothing about replacing thousands of U.S. citizens with Latin American illegal aliens.

ONLY the MAVNI program, which is limited to 1,500 recruits/year allows non-citizens who do not hold green cards (and are not from Samoa, Micronesia, Palau, or the Marshall Islands) to join. But they do have to be in the U.S. legally. The change is to allow those here illegally into the program as well.

It's NOT military wide, just the MAVNI program.
It's NOT "thousands" but 1.5K
And they're NOT replacements for anyone...they're people with language skills we don't have.

Forum List

Back