Millions on East Coast could be in Danger!

Please note that the cone is not of where the entire storm goes, but only the possibility of where the center of the storm will go left or right from the center line within an average error for any one point in time. This is something not known by most people, even many tv weather persons. The storm reaches many hundreds of miles outside the cone. Be prepared.

Remember many tv weather persons are not degreed mets.

Last edited:
The low pressure of this storm is very possibly going to exceed the Long Island Express.
Long Island Express had a low pressure of 938

Sandy is a monster storm and could very well be heading to New York City.

It is safe to say that lives are in danger.

Let is prey that for the Vast Majority of them it turns out to be no more than an inconvenience.

For the vast majority of New Yorkers the greatest danger will come from looters and roving gangs, not the storm.

What the hell is it with you, dumb ass? Do you hate all of your fellow Americans that much?

Not going to be looters or gangs out on the streets with this storm going on.

Over the water, this storm gets energy from the heat of the water. But as it goes on land, where a normal hurricane would rapidly loose strength, this one will pick up power from the temperature differance between the warm water hurricane and the two cold land based storms. Absolutely the worst case scenerio in spades!

Stmford Connecticut has flooding that has already exceeded Irene, according to a resident, levels nots seen in his 20 years there. And it keeps rising.

from another site-

original.gif

Go tell that to the citizens of Joplin MO.

You can call it anything you want but, IMO, the US should take care of its own. I'm certainly not against helping other countries but what do YOU believe we should do about our own disasters? Do YOU believe we should turn our backs on these people? Are YOU afraid its too "political, trollish" to give a damn about our own people?

I have family in Boston and yes, I'm concerned for them. They're well off, bought a generator and have good insurance but not everyone is that lucky.

ATLANTIC CITY — There are reports of damage to Atlantic City’s boardwalk, but none has been confirmed yet. A photo circulating on Twitter showed what appeared to be a section of boardwalk or dock floating down a flooded street.

An official with the Atlantic County Office of Emergency Preparedness said she had been told of damage to the Garden Pier.
Hurricane Sandy damages part of Atlantic City boardwalk | NJ.com
photo earlier -
11774210-large.jpg

Heavy surf begins to wash under the boardwalk at the South End Pavilion early Monday morning in Spring Lake. Relentless 8-10 foot waves pound the beach. 10/29/12 (Andrew Mills/The Star-Ledger).

Eyewitness News ‏@eyewitnessnyc

Atlantic City's public safety director says most of the city under water #SandyABC7 #Sandy

WTNT33 KNHC 291439
TCPAT3

BULLETIN
HURRICANE SANDY ADVISORY NUMBER 29
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL182012
1100 AM EDT MON OCT 29 2012

...SANDY FORECAST TO TURN NORTHWESTWARD SOON...
...EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE AND COASTAL
HURRICANE WINDS PLUS HEAVY APPALACHIAN SNOWS...

SUMMARY OF 1100 AM EDT...1500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...37.5N 71.5W
ABOUT 205 MI...330 KM SE OF ATLANTIC CITY NEW JERSEY
ABOUT 260 MI...415 KM SSE OF NEW YORK CITY
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90 MPH...150 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 330 DEGREES AT 18 MPH...30 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...943 MB...27.85 INCHES

pleae note that pressure was recorded before the latest I posted above this. It is now lower.

REmember if you are in a high rise, winds increase the higher you are. Make sure you have a safe place away from windows, such as in a windowless bathroom, closet.

WTNT33 KNHC 291439
TCPAT3

BULLETIN

LOCATION...37.5N 71.5W

pleae note that pressure was recorded before the latest I posted above this. It is now lower.

Looks like you copy/pasted this from a website.

Link please.

Or, just stop tying in all caps.

WTNT33 KNHC 291439
TCPAT3

BULLETIN

LOCATION...37.5N 71.5W

Looks like you copy/pasted this from a website.

Link please.

Or, just stop tying in all caps.

Hurricane SANDY Public Advisory
They are always in caps. Sorry, I forgot the link.
Note - it states NWS, National Hurricane Center on the 3rd line.

some parts of Atlantic county are seeing 5 feet of water, according to Chris Christi press conference. States to get off barrier ilsands now, if you still can. All others stay off roads if at all possible. 35,000 without power per Chris Christi there.

an update on the vessel rescue. There were 16 on board, not 17, two missing.

I got 1938 Long Island Express Hurricane pressure incorrect. It was 946. Sandy is now lower than any north of Cape Hatteras, recorded previously.

Forum List

Back