NYT columnist admits ‘something has gone badly wrong’ in west coast states because of Democratic leadership

Cities are ran by both democrats and republicans. People like Lisa are disingenous because they make a city blue because the mayor is a democrat. For example, the govenor of Kansas is a Democrat, this would make Kansas a blue state according to Lisa. But the majorty of the state is Republican.

BS. All big cities 1million+ are ran by full blown DEMunists over the last 60 years. 50,000 population small towns or suburbs (Clayton or Ladue MO.) have very little crime, almost zero murder. You cant compare that to STL CHI DET ATL etc. #juststopyouembarrass yourphonywhiteself.

Why is it red states tend to have higher murder rates, obesity rates, and lower education?

CA, WA, nor OR are even in the top ten of those categories.
Because we can afford guns and twinkies and housing was cheap enough everybody could have one before Biden so no need to spend two hours each way in traffic in a self-driving car to make enough to pay our property taxes I guess. That is like 4 hours a day that could be spent eating twinkies and rewatching Andy Griffith re-runs or shooting crap off the fence posts.

Portland's a Dem-run shithole, the rest of the state is ok.
Eastern Oregon has the best in folks but the farmers located there are taking it in the shorts(enviro/tax issues). A large chunk of eastern Oregon counties are desperately attempting to be absorbed into the "Greater Idaho" project but the statist left in Salem Oregon refuse to release the counties to Idaho. Still, the eastern Oregon community has not given up!

There has been a SLIGHT shift in public perception regarding both Washington/Oregon states as more & more folks are realizing that both Olympia & Salem could give a rip about us folks on the eastern side of the two states. Idaho(our lynch pin) & eastern Oregonians/eastern Washingtonians are all one people in commonality with Idaho folks & their values. Folks east of the mountains have precious little in common with the people west of the mountains in Oregon/Washington. My son(north of Seattle) told me there are 'pockets' of Trump supporters now west of the cascades that are popping up. I don't know if this is happening in western Oregon. The map below shows BOTH Washington & Oregon going MEDIUM blue from dark blue(3:10 into vid), which if true would back up my son's claim of trump supporters gaining @ least some traction west of the mountains.

The west coast has become an area of the country worth avoiding.
The stench of pot, the stench of homeless, the highest gas prices. Spend your vacation dollars elsewhere, the west coast has become the armpit of America.

My son, based north of Seattle told me that the Olympic peninsula , ESPECIALLY Port Angeles has went to the dogs(lil Frisco?). If that's true then gone is one of the evergreen state's true gems. The blue areas of various states are turning into garbage dumps but it sure makes the red areas of the states look good!

Because we can afford guns and twinkies and housing was cheap enough everybody could have one before Biden so no need to spend two hours each way in traffic in a self-driving car to make enough to pay our property taxes I guess. That is like 4 hours a day that could be spent eating twinkies and rewatching Andy Griffith re-runs or shooting crap off the fence posts.
That is a very interesting paragraph ...but these stats existed before Biden became president.

Thanks though.

That is a very interesting paragraph ...but these stats existed before Biden became president.

Thanks though.
Of course they existed before Biden. Housing in the south has gone up drastically the last few years. Before that, you very much could afford to buy a house with a spouse having two high school education jobs. It might not be an LA sized home but it served its purpose. The cost of living has traditionally been much lower. Here in Virginia, Northern Virginia and the Tidewater area drastically skew all the numbers anyway, but the further you get away from them, the more affordable living becomes. When those "Living Wage" calculators first came out, I looked up the one for my area. At that time, the LW for the area was only a few cents more per hour than the minimum wage. That was also before the dems jacked up the MW in the state though. When you look at purchasing power of $100, in LA you get $88 worth of goods; in my area you get around $113 worth of goods ( What Is the Real Value of $100 in Metropolitan Areas? )....Now back to shooting deep-fried twinkies off the fence post. Just hope I don't hit the neighbor in his fat ass. Our hospital sucks.

Do we have to go through this again?!

As for the murder rate, the problem is with blue cities, not red states. Remove the black population, and the murder rate would drop like you've never seen it!
speaking the truth will get you in trouble,,,,,get in line and follow the narrative

Why is it red states tend to have higher murder rates, obesity rates, and lower education?

CA, WA, nor OR are even in the top ten of those categories.
There are more murders in Cali then any state in the country

Of course they existed before Biden. Housing in the south has gone up drastically the last few years. Before that, you very much could afford to buy a house with a spouse having two high school education jobs. It might not be an LA sized home but it served its purpose. The cost of living has traditionally been much lower. Here in Virginia, Northern Virginia and the Tidewater area drastically skew all the numbers anyway, but the further you get away from them, the more affordable living becomes. When those "Living Wage" calculators first came out, I looked up the one for my area. At that time, the LW for the area was only a few cents more per hour than the minimum wage. That was also before the dems jacked up the MW in the state though. When you look at purchasing power of $100, in LA you get $88 worth of goods; in my area you get around $113 worth of goods ( What Is the Real Value of $100 in Metropolitan Areas? )....Now back to shooting deep-fried twinkies off the fence post. Just hope I don't hit the neighbor in his fat ass. Our hospital sucks.

Go to DET city and buy a $5K-$10K home on big corner lot and just stop. Just stop the insanity.

Yes. Cities are more expensive then rural areas.

I think that is common knowledge..

Because there is a lot of people murdering people in California
A lot more people in California.

This is why we use murder rates, not total murders. We know this already.

How come the murder rate tends to be higher in red states?

A lot more people in California.

This is why we use murder rates, not total murders. We know this already.

How come the murder rate tends to be higher in red states?
A lot more people killing other people

Very dangerous place

We don’t know the murder rate since places like LA stopped reporting crime rates to the public

A lot more people killing other people

Very dangerous place

We don’t know the murder rate since places like LA stopped reporting crime rates to the public
You shouldn't make up excuses as to why red states have higher murder rates.

Ignoring it won't help.

You shouldn't make up excuses as to why red states have higher murder rates.

Ignoring it won't help.
What excuse am I making? I am just highlighting there are lots of murders in a Cali

Why do you think LA stopped reporting?

What excuse am I making? I am just highlighting there are lots of murders in a Cali

Why do you think LA stopped reporting?
Because they are changing their system.

They will be back online soon.

Why do you think think they stopped reporting?...this should be good.

Forum List

Back